how long now

Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

dawn french is on a distinguished road
Default how long now

Hi all
Does anyone have any idea how much longer it will be before the visa comes through we have jumped through all of the hoops ect.placing our investment of $100.000 on the 11th of May ( we are skilled independant and needed the extra 5 bonus points) we have our certificate of investment back and the treasury people say they have informed the immigration lot.
Is this rumour about running out of visas true, if it is it sounds a pretty poor show not to tell the poor sods who are waiting after investing quite a large sum.
I have so far been the calmer one out of myself and my wife but am now starting to get a little tetchy. the immigration lot say they have not had confirmation from the investment lot. The investment lot say they have sent confirmation on the 14th of May. Does this happen to everyone ?? some people have been granted just 14 days after the bond is placed surely there should be the same period for all?.. Ahhh hope I get the mail in the morning ... :scared:
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: how long now

Originally Posted by dawn french
Hi all
Does anyone have any idea how much longer it will be before the visa comes through we have jumped through all of the hoops ect.placing our investment of $100.000 on the 11th of May ( we are skilled independant and needed the extra 5 bonus points) we have our certificate of investment back and the treasury people say they have informed the immigration lot.
Is this rumour about running out of visas true, if it is it sounds a pretty poor show not to tell the poor sods who are waiting after investing quite a large sum.
I have so far been the calmer one out of myself and my wife but am now starting to get a little tetchy. the immigration lot say they have not had confirmation from the investment lot. The investment lot say they have sent confirmation on the 14th of May. Does this happen to everyone ?? some people have been granted just 14 days after the bond is placed surely there should be the same period for all?.. Ahhh hope I get the mail in the morning ... :scared:
Hi there

You are not far off now, not if my timeline below is anything to go by. The new quota will begin on July 1st - DIMIA do not run out of visas!! If the quota is full, you go into next years pot.

SS