Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long is the flight

how long is the flight

Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

beerboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how long is the flight

does any one nkow how long the flight is becuse i dont wan to sit on a plane for not longe than 6 hrs becuse hat is boring can some one plz reply back
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Re: how long is the flight

Originally Posted by beerboy
does any one nkow how long the flight is becuse i dont wan to sit on a plane for not longe than 6 hrs becuse hat is boring can some one plz reply back
Last time we went the flight was split into three chunks of 7 hours each. Most are 13hrs then about 7 I think. Usually you fly to Singapore area. then on to Aus. Our was UK-Abu Dhabi the to Battam then to Brisbane. Lots of smoking breaks inbetween! I'm now a non-smoker so that doesn't bother me anymore! Sorry, take lots of entertainment!

Sandy
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandy.l
Last time we went the flight was split into three chunks of 7 hours each. Most are 13hrs then about 7 I think. Usually you fly to Singapore area. then on to Aus. Our was UK-Abu Dhabi the to Battam then to Brisbane. Lots of smoking breaks inbetween! I'm now a non-smoker so that doesn't bother me anymore! Sorry, take lots of entertainment!

Sandy
Ours was 13 hours, then 7 then 4. It was a nightmare but we had a stopover in Los Angeles and florida on the way back. Don't think I could do it all in one go again it was a bit much for the kids.
BTW where in the North East do you hail from?
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Ours was 13 hours, then 7 then 4. It was a nightmare but we had a stopover in Los Angeles and florida on the way back. Don't think I could do it all in one go again it was a bit much for the kids.
BTW where in the North East do you hail from?
Well. we are actually from York, but we live in Co Durham near Peterlee at the moment. Hoping to go to QLD but likely to end up in Adelaide, which would also be good for very different reasons. I used to frequent this site regularly but got a bit disillusioned. New Year, new hopes, I'm on the chase for that Visa again! Where abouts in Teeside are you?

Sandy
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Well. we are actually from York, but we live in Co Durham near Peterlee at the moment. Hoping to go to QLD but likely to end up in Adelaide, which would also be good for very different reasons. I used to frequent this site regularly but got a bit disillusioned. New Year, new hopes, I'm on the chase for that Visa again! Where abouts in Teeside are you?

Sandy
I,m in Middlesbrough, probably only about half hour away from you. Also planning on Queensland. Why do you say you are likely to end up in Adelaide?
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I,m in Middlesbrough, probably only about half hour away from you. Also planning on Queensland. Why do you say you are likely to end up in Adelaide?
Because of the STNI option. We can't raise the points for independent so need sponsorship. When we've got the Skills approved we'll be hunting for a job (IT so makes it more difficult), alternative is SIR to QLD, and take the chance that this will work out.

Sandy
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:02 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I see you are young so I'll let you off lightly. Australia is on the other side of the world, some 15,000km (roughly 10,000 miles) from the UK. To ensure that you don't get bored would require a plane travelling at about 1600mph. This is a little over twice the speed of sound, or Mach 2. Your typical Boeing 747, however, has a cruising spped of about Mach 0.85.

I suggest you take a book. Or a Gameboy. Or something.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

ashlee1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: how long is the flight

Because of the STNI option. We can't raise the points for independent so need sponsorship. When we've got the Skills approved we'll be hunting for a job (IT so makes it more difficult), alternative is SIR to QLD, and take the chance that this will work out.

Sandy
IM IN THE SAME POSITION AS YOU
CRAP AINT IT
DONT THEY KNOW WE ARE ALL EXCELLENT PEOPLE
IF ONLY THEY CAME TO OUR FORUM WE WOULD ALL GET VISAS JUST FOR BEING VERY NICE PEOPLE
THE ONES WHO WILL GET ONE NO PROBS WILL BE THE ONES THAT DONT CARE AND WOULDNT HELP ANYONE OUT

THOUGHT I WOULD JUST LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT I THINK

AND SAY GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE WHO WANTS IT

ASHLEE
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:25 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ashlee1980
IF ONLY THEY CAME TO OUR FORUM WE WOULD ALL GET VISAS JUST FOR BEING VERY NICE PEOPLE
ASHLEE
If the authorities were interested in this forum I think they'd stop giving visas to poms! They don't like people that SHOUT either
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ashlee1980
IM IN THE SAME POSITION AS YOU
CRAP AINT IT
THE ONES WHO WILL GET ONE NO PROBS WILL BE THE ONES THAT DONT CARE AND WOULDNT HELP ANYONE OUT

THOUGHT I WOULD JUST LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT I THINK

AND SAY GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE WHO WANTS IT

ASHLEE
Ashlee, I got the impression you would be a bit younger than me (your name kind of gives it away!) so how come you are short of points?

Sandy
Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Hi

I've flown with BA and Quantas...2 flights back to back, a 13 hour followed by an 8 hour Melbourne, via Singapore. We have a movie screen each in the seat in front of us and a good selection of movies, sitcoms, cartoons and games. The food was great on both flights but the seats are very cramped in cattle class. I'm 5'4" and a size 10 and I found it a struggle!

The best flights leave London at 10pm so you can sleep for the best part of the 13 hour flight, the 8 hour flight was the most difficult. If you do 2 flights back to back (which I don't recommend) be sure to shower at Singapore or where ever you stop to refuel!

Kathy
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by jayr
Your typical Boeing 747, however, has a cruising spped of about Mach 0.85.

I suggest you take a book. Or a Gameboy. Or something.
Fowler's Modern English Usage might be worthwhile.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:33 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

heres another way of looking at it beerboy.
tell your parents to let u sit on your arse in your room for 24 hours. get them to bring you dinner and as much as u want to drink, then come and clear up after u. while u sit and watch the telly
cant be that hard can it.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:02 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

If the length of flight bothers you that much why don't you get in touch with Jean Luc Picard & see if you can borrow his transporter...? Other wise unfortunalty & I can guarantee your flight will def be longer than 6 hrs!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:15 am
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by soapy
heres another way of looking at it beerboy.
tell your parents to let u sit on your arse in your room for 24 hours. get them to bring you dinner and as much as u want to drink, then come and clear up after u. while u sit and watch the telly
cant be that hard can it.
To get the real effect, you'd have to get someone to sit in front of you with their chair rammed up to your legs. Then without warning, and with total disregard, the person in front would periodically have to lean their chair as far back as it will go, thus rendering the TV impossible to watch and sending your drink flying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.