British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   how long does it take??????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-long-does-take-372910/)

Pink & Fluffy May 11th 2006 3:33 pm

how long does it take???????

Myself and my family had our meds on 21st March they were sent off the following Monday, how long will it take to hear back??? after waiting 7 months for the DIMIA to request medicals I thought i was used to waiting but this is driving me mad, I want to book our flights, Husband wants to tell work and we are living with my mum Arrggghhhhh!! Help me!!! :o

Wendy May 11th 2006 3:42 pm

Re: how long does it take???????

Originally Posted by Pink & Fluffy
Myself and my family had our meds on 21st March they were sent off the following Monday, how long will it take to hear back??? after waiting 7 months for the DIMIA to request medicals I thought i was used to waiting but this is driving me mad, I want to book our flights, Husband wants to tell work and we are living with my mum Arrggghhhhh!! Help me!!! :o

If they were posted on the 28th March, they will have recieved them around the 4th April. That is just over 5 weeks ago, so your Visa should be with you any time. They say between 4 and 12 weeks, but it seems more likely to be between 3 & 6

Fingers crossed you get it this week :)

crystal113 May 11th 2006 3:44 pm

From looking at other threads - it could be any day now but it could be anything up to the middle of June (fingers crossed it's the first bit!!)

Pink & Fluffy May 11th 2006 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
If they were posted on the 28th March, they will have recieved them around the 4th April. That is just over 5 weeks ago, so your Visa should be with you any time. They say between 4 and 12 weeks, but it seems more likely to be between 3 & 6

Fingers crossed you get it this week :)

Thanks Wendy, i am sure i will be louder than Buncefield when I get it! :p

Sandra and Jim May 11th 2006 7:36 pm

We are the same as you guys. We went for our meds on 20th March and are still waiting, not very patiently I have to say.

Good luck and keep checking those emails.

Sandra