Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long does it take

How long does it take

Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all
Default How long does it take

from doing your medical to actually getting the 'golden' visa ? I know its the last part. Just a rough 'guestimate' will help please.
The waiting game for the whole process will be the death of me I know it will be worth it in the end but I cant believe how many ups and downs you go through during the whole application process.
Good luck everyone.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice
Default Re: How long does it take

Took us about 3 weeks from sending meds & police checks off.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by woogle
Took us about 3 weeks from sending meds & police checks off.
Sounds great to me. Thanks. I suppose it will take a bit longor for us with christmas time and all offices closed. But thats definately great news. Thanks
Old Nov 14th 2005, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

We waited 7 weeks - so good luck ! Piece of advice though. Write down all your reasons for wanting to go to Oz. When the phone call came, I spent all evening in tears. Had a complete wobbly and couldn't remember any of my reasons for wanting to go ! Calmed down next day though and off in 2 weeks ! Can't wait now although still dreading goodbyes!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Izzy
We waited 7 weeks - so good luck ! Piece of advice though. Write down all your reasons for wanting to go to Oz. When the phone call came, I spent all evening in tears. Had a complete wobbly and couldn't remember any of my reasons for wanting to go ! Calmed down next day though and off in 2 weeks ! Can't wait now although still dreading goodbyes!

Must admit I'm not looking foward to all the goodbyes! We should go in Jan,as long as house sale goes OK. So will be last X-mas with all the family & I can see it being a bit emotional - I'm not too good with emotions. Hope it's a good day for the kids sake & we'll have to try & keep smiling

Wish it was us off in 2 weeks, I just want to be on that plane & start our big adventure
Old Nov 14th 2005, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Izzy

Good Luck Izzy,
From start to finish, how long has it took for the whole visa application ? What part are you off to ?

Cheers

Steve.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Must admit I'm not looking foward to all the goodbyes! We should go in Jan,as long as house sale goes OK. So will be last X-mas with all the family & I can see it being a bit emotional - I'm not too good with emotions. Hope it's a good day for the kids sake & we'll have to try & keep smiling

Wish it was us off in 2 weeks, I just want to be on that plane & start our big adventure

Feeling pretty similar heading for Brissie in Jan if the house goes through o.k.Things are already getting a bit emotional with friends and family especially after a couple of beers.The kids seem to be looking foward to it , but i suppose that could all change.
Visa took 6 weeks after meds etc sent off.

Good luck

Steve
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
Feeling pretty similar heading for Brissie in Jan if the house goes through o.k.Things are already getting a bit emotional with friends and family especially after a couple of beers.The kids seem to be looking foward to it , but i suppose that could all change.
Visa took 6 weeks after meds etc sent off.

Good luck

Steve

Hi Steve,
Do you know whereabouts you will be living yet?
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Hi Steve,
Do you know whereabouts you will be living yet?
Looking at Bayside initially . i have a friend who lives up on the sunshine coast so will have a look there as well.And you?

Cheers

Steve
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pazza
Good Luck Izzy,
From start to finish, how long has it took for the whole visa application ? What part are you off to ?

Cheers

Steve.
From submitting our initial TRA thingy at the end of January, just 8 and a half months ! Although it took us about 3 months to get all our evidence together for TRA beforehand. We are off to Melbourne, around Mentone area which is on the East side of Port Phillip bay. How about you ? When and where are you going ?
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Melchels is on a distinguished road

Sent off a front loaded application...took 4 days!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LesleyM
from doing your medical to actually getting the 'golden' visa ? I know its the last part. Just a rough 'guestimate' will help please.
The waiting game for the whole process will be the death of me I know it will be worth it in the end but I cant believe how many ups and downs you go through during the whole application process.
Good luck everyone.

TOO BLOODY LONG

SonjaNTony
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
Looking at Bayside initially . i have a friend who lives up on the sunshine coast so will have a look there as well.And you?

Cheers

Steve

We have a friend in Ferny Grove,no idea where that is,but it's where we will go at first,then take it from there. It's difficult when you haven't even been to Oz.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

We have a friend in Ferny Grove,no idea where that is,but it's where we will go at first,then take it from there. It's difficult when you haven't even been to Oz.
Know what you mean never been either. :scared:
Old Nov 14th 2005, 6:32 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Ferny Grove , and Ferny Hills... i think they are Northside. Kedron way

Could be wrong, its early

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.