Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long does it take to...

How long does it take to...

Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

kelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant future
Default How long does it take to...

walk/get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 at London Heathrow Airport? I've found a good fare but I wouldn't arrive at LHR until 8.30am and then I'd depart from Terminal 3 at 12pm but you have to check-in 3 hours before then (i.e. 9am) so if it is quite a treck then I'd probably be cutting it rather short. Any ideas?
Cheers.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:00 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does it take to...

Originally Posted by kelusa
walk/get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 at London Heathrow Airport? I've found a good fare but I wouldn't arrive at LHR until 8.30am and then I'd depart from Terminal 3 at 12pm but you have to check-in 3 hours before then (i.e. 9am) so if it is quite a treck then I'd probably be cutting it rather short. Any ideas?
Cheers.
I reckon 20-30 minutes
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:01 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

You can check on www.baa.co.uk website (british airport authority) they should have transit times between terminals. There is a bus betwen 3&4 and 1&2 every ten minutes , 1&2 are connected via walkway, 3&4 are connected also by walkway.

Last edited by spalen; Jun 8th 2005 at 2:04 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

kelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spalen
You can check on www.baa.co.uk website (british airport authority) they should have transit times between terminals. There is a bus betwen 3&4 and 1&2 every ten minutes , 1&2 are connected via walkway, 3&4 are connected also by walkway.
Thanks. I've searched the baa.co.uk site for ages now and I'm giving up because I can't seem to find it.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Who are you flying into Terminal One with? ( assume you are flying in!) - check with the airline as they may be able to check your bags right through. For example, if flying in from Glasgow, you may be able to check your bags and yourself in at Glasgow, and get boarding cards for the whole trip, with your bags transferred for you. That way you don't need to check in again at Heathrow.

Also, there is a walkway/travellator connection between 1,2 and 3. 4 is the isolated one, across the runway on the other side of the airport.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 8th 2005 at 2:38 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Me and DH went from terminal 1 to 3 recently. I reckon it probably took half an hour. We had to negotiate moving walkways and a bus trip. Would you not be better booking a flight right the way through? We were booked in right from Belfast to Brissie, made the whole thing much easier, plus gave us more luggage allowance on the domestic flight, also meant our luggage was transferred for us.

Katie
Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:39 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
I reckon about 15mins.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:13 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I reckon about 15mins.
From the public shopping area in Terminal 1 to the public shopping area in Terminal 3 does take probably 15 minutes (if you're not pushing a luggage trolley). But the original poster will be arriving at a gate in Terminal 1 and then has to get to a check-in desk at Terminal 3.

With lots of luggage that can be quite a trek (and exhausting). Why not fly down the night before and stay at an airport hotel?

Gina
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: How long does it take to...

Originally Posted by GinaUK
From the public shopping area in Terminal 1 to the public shopping area in Terminal 3 does take probably 15 minutes (if you're not pushing a luggage trolley). But the original poster will be arriving at a gate in Terminal 1 and then has to get to a check-in desk at Terminal 3.

With lots of luggage that can be quite a trek (and exhausting). Why not fly down the night before and stay at an airport hotel?

Gina
Thanks everyone! That's exactly what I've decided to do - I'm staying at the Jury's Inn Heathrow Airport - £60 for the room for the night which seems pretty reasonable to me. Anyone else got any other bargin hotels very close to Heathrow Airport they'd like to share?