Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long does it take..???

How long does it take..???

Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

debgill is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How long does it take..???

Does anyone have any idea how long the wait between sending your meds and PCC's to Adelaide and getting some news is?
I am on an MODL list and a 136 SI application. We sent the documents in Nov '04, and, having been advised by a friend who used a Migration Expert that it normally takes 8 weeks, we're getting stressed!!
There seems to be, from other related posts, no rhyme nor reason to the timescale....has anyone got any views/experiences/advice??
Thanx.
Debgill.x
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:13 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long does it take..???

I'd say you'll hear anyday, they've probably been delayed because of Christmas...
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about

My case officer said because we are modl that our meds should be sent to Sydney to avoid delays

It should be no longer than 2 mth.

Sarah.
Just Joined

Thanx BridieJ...!!!
Here's hoping!
Debgill.x
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by debgill
Does anyone have any idea how long the wait between sending your meds and PCC's to Adelaide and getting some news is?
I am on an MODL list and a 136 SI application. We sent the documents in Nov '04, and, having been advised by a friend who used a Migration Expert that it normally takes 8 weeks, we're getting stressed!!
There seems to be, from other related posts, no rhyme nor reason to the timescale....has anyone got any views/experiences/advice??
Thanx.
Debgill.x
If you sent the documents on the 8th of November, then you should have heard something by now. I'm assuming that you received a case number and case officer name, when they asked you to get your meds and PC's carried out. I would contact your CO to make sure they have received your documents safely.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sarah & Mark.
That's very interesting re Sydney :scared: ....we were instructed SPECIFICALLY to return our docs to Adelaide ONLY by our case worker!!
Am I being cynical, or does the DIMIA say what they feel like at the time
Debgill.x
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
If you sent the documents on the 8th of November, then you should have heard something by now. I'm assuming that you received a case number and case officer name, when they asked you to get your meds and PC's carried out. I would contact your CO to make sure they have received your documents safely.
Thanx for the post. We sent them at the end of November, would you still suggest contacting them given all the warnings/advice NOT to contact them in the "normal timescale"...........whatever that is..!!!
Debgill.x
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Thanx for the post. We sent them at the end of November, would you still suggest contacting them given all the warnings/advice NOT to contact them in the "normal timescale"...........whatever that is..!!!
Debgill.x
Contacting them to pester and contacting them to enquire if they have received the documents, 2 different things. You need to know if they have arrived safely. Or you could wait and bite more nails off
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Contacting them to pester and contacting them to enquire if they have received the documents, 2 different things. You need to know if they have arrived safely. Or you could wait and bite more nails off
Ha, ha LOL!!
I take your point! I shall check with GP when they actually sent, then will contact our case worker.
Thanx again.
Debgill.x
Old Jan 31st 2005, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about

Hi Degill,

I think they must. I got told that because of the pre/post July thing that we should send our meds to Sydney to be processed quicker, so maybe they are having meds sent to various places in Oz so that one department does not have to deal with all the new & old applications. I would be interested to hear the outcome of what the case officer says regarding the time frame as i have just sent off my meds &would like to know how long we are going to wait. I dont think you can mention names on hear but my case officers initials are A.R. our agent has emailed her & she was fine about receiving emails.

Good luck.

Sarah
Old Jan 31st 2005, 3:38 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

You could always use the excuse I did when I chased up our original TRA - just say that the Royal Mail is increasingly unreliable and you'd just like to check they've received your documents OK.

Dont worry if you sent them by courier - they probably wont notice!

Keep us posted... x
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:44 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

When we contacted dimia to check they had rec'd our meds etc they responded with yes and we have just sent out your bond req...no problem at all if you are polite.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Thanx for all support and advise.Got email this am from Aus...VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED...will be wth us shortly!!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanx for all support and advise.Got email this am from Aus...VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED...will be wth us shortly!!!
All that worrying for nothing. many Congrats on the visa.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

nibblo will become famous soon enoughnibblo will become famous soon enough

Many congratulations - enjoy celebrating
Nibblo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.