Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long does shipping realistically take?

How long does shipping realistically take?

Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default How long does shipping realistically take?

Does anyone know how long it takes to ship just boxes over, I was told about 12 weeks by sevenseas. Is that realistic? We don't want to send our stuff too early in advance. We were going to ship at the very end of august so our stuff will arrive at the end of November?

Any tips anyone??
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:37 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does shipping realistically take?

Originally Posted by pako
Does anyone know how long it takes to ship just boxes over, I was told about 12 weeks by sevenseas. Is that realistic? We don't want to send our stuff too early in advance. We were going to ship at the very end of august so our stuff will arrive at the end of November?

Any tips anyone??
that sounds about right the other variables are
- how busy aqis are and when the appointment is for your stuff to belooked at
- if your ship hits bad weather +/- a few days i guess
- how long it sits on teh dock in UK before getting on the ship outbound
(they dont go every half hour ;-) )
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Thanks Spalen! Do you know if you can ship candles? i have a few decorative nice ones. i wasn't sure if they'd melt in transit. I've heard the ships can get quite hot
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

DazL is an unknown quantity at this point

Any tips anyone??
Hi

We shipped our stuff with Crown Relocations and it took 7 weeks door to door, 5 weeks on a boat and 2 weeks to clear customs/quarantine.

Everything in tact they even unpacked for us! bonus!

No candles cant be brought over, not sure why. We were just told candles are a no no by shippers.

Darren & Kymm
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DazL
Hi

We shipped our stuff with Crown Relocations and it took 7 weeks door to door, 5 weeks on a boat and 2 weeks to clear customs/quarantine.

No candles cant be brought over, not sure why. We were just told candles are a no no by shippers.

Darren & Kymm
Never heard that about candles before, - wonder what their reasoning is? I shipped some, mostly decorative ones, and they all arrived OK. I am also fairly sure that they were in boxes inspected by AQIS.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Any tips anyone??
Crown are guarantying us 8 weeks door to door.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Never heard that about candles before, - wonder what their reasoning is? I shipped some, mostly decorative ones, and they all arrived OK. I am also fairly sure that they were in boxes inspected by AQIS.

Anyone know the charges for AQIS? I guess it depends on what they find?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:40 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DazL
Hi

Darren & Kymm
Crown packed loads of my candles all shapes and sizes I asked and they said it was fine - they didn't contain any dried flowers or anything - will be interesting to see if it costs me later!

Lynn
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:30 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We had a "shared container" it took 6 months.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:35 am

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough

My gear got here from North of England in a shared container in 6 weeks, candles and all, even my lava lamp made it unscathed..............I had to pay $125 for my bike to be released after they said it needed cleaning even though I had licked it clean before I packed it..........well they gotta make a buck somehow..apart from that all was smooth...........
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Anyone know the charges for AQIS? I guess it depends on what they find?
We had 2 pieces that didn't pass aquis, a old bureau and a antique glass cab, both had wood worm (thought they might). Cost us $110 to have the fumigated then we had to pick them up. To destroy was not a lot less.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
We had a "shared container" it took 6 months.

:scared: :scared: :scared:
What company was that?
Old Jul 16th 2005, 7:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mine took five months - that was ***** ********, including 6 weeks in Brisbane Customs because of Christmas.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 9:45 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Candles are ok, some bee,s wax candles come under scrutiny, due to contamination . Container time is fairley good this time of year, 8-12 wks, over X-mas a lot of stuff for Aust gets Transhipped in Singapore, meaning your container could sit there for 2wks, while x-mas traffic is cleared......... mm
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mr mover
Candles are ok, some bee,s wax candles come under scrutiny, due to contamination . Container time is fairley good this time of year, 8-12 wks, over X-mas a lot of stuff for Aust gets Transhipped in Singapore, meaning your container could sit there for 2wks, while x-mas traffic is cleared......... mm

I guess that could be us then, we are hoping to ship stuff mid October!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.