Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long do you intend to hangaround?

How long do you intend to hangaround?

Old Aug 20th 2005, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all
Default How long do you intend to hangaround?

How long do you intend to hang around, once you have got your visa? We personal will fly as soon as humanly possible once things are done and dusted, the sooner the better for us. We are talking days, (hours if poss) not months! What about the rest of you
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:01 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long do you intend to hangaround?

We want to go straight away, hopefully the house sale will be completed.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:08 am
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyD
How long do you intend to hang around, once you have got your visa? We personal will fly as soon as humanly possible once things are done and dusted, the sooner the better for us. We are talking days, (hours if poss) not months! What about the rest of you
Hopefully in January, we're going to have our last Christmas in UK, then off in time for the start of the new Aussie school year - V I S A willing of course!!
Then it'll be time to P A R T Y!!!
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Same for us, we want to have our last christmas in the UK and then fly off as soon as humanly possible afterwards. My in-laws are flying out from south africa to have xmas with us so they can see us off at the airport as well. It will have been 30 years since they had a UK christmas.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

As you can see by our ticker we are going quite soon but with hindsight i would have tried to sell the house earlier on in the application process as having your visa and not been able to go is a real pain.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:15 am
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
Same for us, we want to have our last christmas in the UK and then fly off as soon as humanly possible afterwards. My in-laws are flying out from south africa to have xmas with us so they can see us off at the airport as well. It will have been 30 years since they had a UK christmas.
My in-laws got their visas in January and are in Oz validating them now - knew we shouldn't have mentioned our plans to emigrate! They're also going permanently in Jan so at least we've got the luxury of some support. They've just bought a house and are renting it until we get there, then they've said we can move in with them and look round for our own place at our leisure. Feel very lucky and a lot more relaxed about the whole thing because of that.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:33 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

AndyD,
I'm working the other way around and have had mine for over a year and still in the UK!

I'm just waiting for the wife is my excuse!

Bye
Mark
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Sagacity is an unknown quantity at this point

We originally planned to go 3 months after getting the visas. However, when we got them, we quickly changed our minds and boarded the plane exactly 45 days after the visas were issued. I wish we could have done it even quicker - the wait was unbearable.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 11:58 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

We have a family holiday in January next year, so cant go before then. Well we could, but would have to come back, so no point going until after. We will be going in mid feb if all goes well.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by markeh
AndyD,
I'm working the other way around and have had mine for over a year and still in the UK!

I'm just waiting for the wife is my excuse!

Bye
Mark
Mark,
How can you do that , you much be itching to get started in Oz. I think of nothing about when will i get my visa!
Old Aug 20th 2005, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

We got our visa's in may and are flying on the 19th sept still loads to sort out. In hindsight i wish we had more sorted when we started our application instead of waiting for the visa's to come.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 1:29 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Mark,
How can you do that , you much be itching to get started in Oz. I think of nothing about when will i get my visa!
Got mine about 18 months ago.

Will probably not go for a couple more years.

G
Old Aug 20th 2005, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

We would have gone the instant we got our visas but have had to wait for the house to sell which is taking forever. It's driving us nuts.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

We would love to go straight away but sadley for us we have a house to sell and a court date due 2006 so until then we are stuck but as soon as possible were off
Good luck
We do have our visa's
Old Aug 20th 2005, 3:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lovealot
We would love to go straight away but sadley for us we have a house to sell and a court date due 2006 so until then we are stuck but as soon as possible were off
Good luck
We do have our visa's
In that case you probably need to validate your visas with a holiday, unless you can move before the first entry date. Don't leave it until the last minute to do this.

In general, once you have your visa it really is better to get on with the move, unless you have some very specific reasons to delay.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.