Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long did your agent take?

How long did your agent take?

Old May 18th 2004, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long did your agent take?

We are just in the process of applying to the TRA and I am wondering how long your agent took to send of your TRA application. It seems ours is taken forever. He has our documentation for over a month and we haven't heard anything yet! So I am interested how long anyone else took to get their TRA application send off.
Old May 18th 2004, 11:00 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: How long did your agent take?

Originally posted by simbacat
We are just in the process of applying to the TRA and I am wondering how long your agent took to send of your TRA application. It seems ours is taken forever. He has our documentation for over a month and we haven't heard anything yet! So I am interested how long anyone else took to get their TRA application send off.

hi simba.

the agent i used only took a day to check and send my tra skills assessment. 6 weeks later i had the results back. He took a week to check through and send off the main visa application but he had to get a copy of the tra results certified at his end as he kept the results only sending me a photocopy.

if i were you'd i'd start putting pressure on, and if that doesn't get you anywhere, then i'd consider finding a different agent.

i hope you get them sorted soon!

Cheers

Leigh
Old May 18th 2004, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for replying.

I know someone else on this site whos agent took only 2 days to send it all of. We are trying to put pressure on but they seem to find nothing wrong with their time frame.

The only problem is we already paid the fee which wasn't the cheapest might I add. Shame they don't tell you how long their waiting list is before taking all the money of you. You reckon we have a chance of getting our money back?
Old May 18th 2004, 11:47 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Thanks for replying.

I know someone else on this site whos agent took only 2 days to send it all of. We are trying to put pressure on but they seem to find nothing wrong with their time frame.

The only problem is we already paid the fee which wasn't the cheapest might I add. Shame they don't tell you how long their waiting list is before taking all the money of you. You reckon we have a chance of getting our money back?
this is the whole problem with using an agent, you have to play by their rules. To you it's probably one the biggest life changing events you will ever go through, to them you're just another client.

I can't say what your chances would be of getting your money back, however if you've signed an agreement and you don't think they have lived up to that agreement you have a right to cancel and get your money back.... or at least i would think so? the trouble you'd have is proving this and then getting the money from them.

Have they given you a timeframe of when they will be sending your application away? If not it might be worth asking for one. At least you'll know where you stand, and if they go over you will have more of a reason to cancel the agreement.

I'm sure others on this site would be more qualified to answer this for you, even from experience. I do hope you get everything sorted out though. this waiting game is bad enough but this must be driving you nuts!

good luck, and i hope they do the right thing and send it away for you soon.

Leigh
Old May 18th 2004, 1:27 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replying.

Sorry to hear you are having probs with your agent....once our stuff was sent to agent for skills assessment application was sent off the next day.........................pressure your agent they are supposed to be working for you......you are paying there wages...........are they registered with MARA if they are then you should complain to them !!!!!!!!!
We did not pay our fee upfront....we agreed on a fee before we started our application and then our agent took it in installments as our application progressed
Wishing you luck
Old May 18th 2004, 1:30 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If your agent is taking time lodging your skills assessment application there may be several reasons ... remember that the objective is surely an application that is successful (even if that takes a few weeks), not a quick application that is inadequately prepared and fails to get the outcome you want - a positive skills assessment classification and the grant of a permanent residency visa.

Best regards.
Old May 18th 2004, 1:37 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to take issue with this posting I'm afraid ... agents are not your paid servants.

An agent is there (or should be there) to provide guidance and assistance in a professional capacity and if that means taking due care and attention (and time) to knock the application into shape to produce the best chance of a positive outcome that is surely far better than an application prepared in haste that fails to attain visa grant.

Similarly, an agent who does his or her job properly will be in demand and as such there may well occasions when that means clients have to wait. Please be reasonable!

Best regards.

Originally posted by biggy
Sorry to hear you are having probs with your agent....once our stuff was sent to agent for skills assessment application was sent off the next day.........................pressure your agent they are supposed to be working for you......you are paying there wages...........are they registered with MARA if they are then you should complain to them !!!!!!!!!
We did not pay our fee upfront....we agreed on a fee before we started our application and then our agent took it in installments as our application progressed
Wishing you luck
Old May 18th 2004, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishing you luck
Trying to pressure someone who has got your money is very difficult. Not that they have the money but they also got all our certified documents. We paid the agent the fee for our TRA application plus the TRA fee. And yes they are registered with MARA. As I said before they were quick enough to take our money without telling us there would be a considerable wait. We have written an e-mail to them, to tell them how dissappointed we were in their services. And all we got back was, you signed a contract saying it might take a few weeks if we are very busy. What the hell is a few weeks, today they had our documentation for exact 5 weeks, of course payment was taken even earlier then that.
Old May 18th 2004, 1:50 pm

Originally posted by Alan Collett
I'm going to take issue with this posting I'm afraid ... agents are not your paid servants.

An agent is there (or should be there) to provide guidance and assistance in a professional capacity and if that means taking due care and attention (and time) to knock the application into shape to produce the best chance of a positive outcome that is surely far better than an application prepared in haste that fails to attain visa grant.

Similarly, an agent who does his or her job properly will be in demand and as such there may well occasions when that means clients have to wait. Please be reasonable!

Best regards.
Hi Alan
Sorry if I offended you that was not my intention, when reading back what I wrote i could have worded it better.....I did not mean that agents were paid servants, nor did I mean it to relate only to agents.......it annoys me in general when people who are paying good money for ANY service, seem to be getting poor feedback, and not kept up to date with what is going on!!!!!! Our agent was superb, and gave ur a very professional yet personal service throughout our application, and we could not have done it without him.
Once again I am sorry for offending you, I was not targeting agents..........but service providers as a whole
Kind Regards
Heather

That doesnt make much sense either, think I need to go on a writing course or something....I know what I am trying to say just canny write it doon
Old May 18th 2004, 2:00 pm
Migration Agent

Hello Heather.

Maybe I over-reacted a tad, so apologies on my part too. It is merely that sometimes a balance needs to be struck between an intending migrant's almost overwhelming desire to be in Australia immediately (and as a migrant myself I recall that feeling very well) and the overriding importance (from where I sit) of ensuring clients obtain the best chance of being able to move to Australia.

I would also acknowledge that there are times when as agents we might take longer than clients anticipate. However, I would rather we do that than rushing through our caseload in a hurry and then having to advise clients that their application has been unsuccessful.

Best regards.

Hi Alan
Sorry if I offended you that was not my intention, when reading back what I wrote i could have worded it better.....I did not mean that agents were paid servants, nor did I mean it to relate only to agents.......it annoys me in general when people who are paying good money for ANY service, seem to be getting poor feedback, and not kept up to date with what is going on!!!!!! Our agent was superb, and gave ur a very professional yet personal service throughout our application, and we could not have done it without him.
Once again I am sorry for offending you, I was not targeting agents..........but service providers as a whole
Kind Regards
Heather

That doesnt make much sense either, think I need to go on a writing course or something....I know what I am trying to say just canny write it doon
Old May 18th 2004, 2:04 pm

Hello Heather.

Maybe I over-reacted a tad, so apologies on my part too. It is merely that sometimes a balance needs to be struck between an intending migrant's almost overwhelming desire to be in Australia immediately (and as a migrant myself I recall that feeling very well) and the overriding importance (from where I sit) of ensuring clients obtain the best chance of being able to move to Australia.

I would also acknowledge that there are times when as agents we might take longer than clients anticipate. However, I would rather we do that than rushing through our caseload in a hurry and then having to advise clients that their application has been unsuccessful.

Best regards.
Phew glad thats sorted!!!!!!!!! I hate when I put my foot in it!!!!

Keep up the good work

Heather
Old May 18th 2004, 2:07 pm
life begins again...

in all fairness, i actually did a lot of to'ing and fro'ing over email with my agent before sending him the applications. He'd already passed judgement and approved all the wording and content of both my skills assessment and main application before i had even put pen to paper..... ee modern technology eh?
Old May 18th 2004, 2:53 pm
BJT
Just Joined

BJT is an unknown quantity at this point

We are using Four Corners in Manchester and I cannot fault them at all. My TRA has been difficult due to only having hands on training and no actual C&G etc so really needed guidance. They always return my e-mail and telephone queries within 24 hours and reviewed all documents such as my question 7 of the TRA form, statutory declarations and the references my old employers asked me to compose and they would sign them. The assistance I have received has been second to none. The whole process from me first receiving my TRA pack from them has taken three weeks and my TRA was sent off last week. They said they are expecting the result to be back with them in 8-12 weeks. Once I recieve a positive result my visa application will be ready to lodge. They have been assisting me with the gathering of these documents in between the TRA stuff.
Tackle your agent, tell them to pull thier finger out it should not be taking this long. You could always request your documents back and try another agent!

BJT
Old May 18th 2004, 4:38 pm
debbiea34

Hi there,
Just thought I would reply to your post, I too am still waiting for a decision from the TRA. I like you, paid an agent up front and after alot of hard work on my part preparing all the necessary documentation I sent it all away with the cheque for the TRA ( priority application), I sent it away by special next day delivery. I was told as soon as he recieved it he would send it away. He had most of my application anyway and had said it was all in order. I heard nothing until I recieved a letter from the TRA informing me that they had my documents, this letter was dated 5th April, I sent it off to my agent on the 29th Febuary!!
I also asked my agent in the mean time could we start preparing the application for the visas, he told me that we couldn`t do anything until we recieved the TRA decision. While reading some posts on this forum quite a number of people seem to have prepared most of their application with their agents!

I understand they have alot of clients and are extremely busy, but this is a big step for us and the process is expensive, we just want to feel as if we are getting the service we paid for. Yes, we know it is help and advice but its also about keeping in regular contact. I hadn`t heard anything from my agent until the other day when I emailed him asking if he had heard anything. His reply was you will hear when we hear!!!

So I am a bit down at the moment so I can understand how you feel.

Good luck anyway and I hope everything works out for you!

Debbie

Old May 18th 2004, 4:53 pm
debbiea34

Hello Heather.

Best regards.
I have just been reading your messages defending the agents. Although i agree your comments are valid that it is better to get a positive result maybe it is time that us people who are paying for the service and that is exactly what it is, should put a time limit on how long the agent has to prepare and send the documentation. There are very strict time limits on when they get their money!!!!!! We can claim we are busy and send it 6 weeks later can we!!!! I also work and have a demanding job but im sure my customers would wait for 5-6 weeks for a reply from me!

I DONT THINK SO!!!

Myself and my partner did 95% of the work prior to sending it to the agent so there is no reason busy or otherwise that it should take 5 to 6 weeks to prepare for sending to Australia.

You are obviously an agent and a work balance is obviouSly required but taking on too much work so your customers suffer is not an option. Your attitude and expression in the message you wrote just directs me to stay clear of any agents in the areas that you work.

No offence to you as im sure you are good at your job but most businesses now put a value on good customer service, agents obviously dont

Written by Debbies Husband Mick thefim38

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.