Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long did it take for you furniture to get to you

How long did it take for you furniture to get to you

Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:14 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all
Default How long did it take for you furniture to get to you

after actually arriving in the country.

Ours arrived in Melbourne 12th January and we were told we'd be called when it was available to be delivered. They thought they'd be calling us early this week but haven't.

Just interested in the average length of time it takes. I'm so desperate to have my own bed back, have been sleeping on a sofa bed for the last month and my back is feeling it

Last edited by Spikey; Jan 25th 2007 at 1:16 am. Reason: D'oh, meant 'your' furniture, obviously!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:47 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long did it take for you furniture to get to you

From memory ours took about 2-3 weeks as customs have to do their thang !
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:45 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wargod
From memory ours took about 2-3 weeks as customs have to do their thang !
Gawd, really? Mind you it's been 2 weeks now so hopefully not much longer...
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:00 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

About 10 days
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Ours took 5-6 weeks after arriving in Sydney Other people that I've spoken to said that theirs took around 3 weeks so hopefully you're not too far away from getting it.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:14 pm
formerly Poppy

Poppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to all

Ours arrived in Syndey on December 11th and was delivered on january 18th, so I think that's around 5 weeks! I would call the company and check its progress.

Know what you mean about wanting your own bed, we were on airbeds and sitting on camping chairs, so its great to get it when it finally arrives!

I think ours took so long because it was near Christmas too and they said that customs had a backlog before that which added to it. Hopefully they have sorted that now and yours will be winging its way to you soon.

Good luck!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:24 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

12 weeks - shared container
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spikey

Ours arrived in Melbourne 12th January and we were told we'd be called when it was available to be delivered. They thought they'd be calling us early this week but haven't.

Just interested in the average length of time it takes. I'm so desperate to have my own bed back, have been sleeping on a sofa bed for the last month and my back is feeling it
14 weeks and 2 weeks after arriving in Aus
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:17 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

From memory it was about 2-2½ weeks
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

voltsnamps is just really nicevoltsnamps is just really nicevoltsnamps is just really nicevoltsnamps is just really nicevoltsnamps is just really nicevoltsnamps is just really nicevoltsnamps is just really nicevoltsnamps is just really nicevoltsnamps is just really nicevoltsnamps is just really nicevoltsnamps is just really nice

Originally Posted by wmoore
From memory it was about 2-2½ weeks
Ours took about 3 weeks to get here after ship docked. It was over christmas so a bit delayed.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Sonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really niceSonny & Lynne is just really nice

Whats is worth taking and was it expensive