Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long did it take or taking ?

View Poll Results: How long did it take or is it taking to sell your house and where are you ?
1 - 2 weeks
4.55%
3 - 5 weeks
22.73%
6 - 12 weeks
36.36%
13 - 20 weeks
0%
21 weeks and other
13.64%
Not selling
22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

How long did it take or taking ?

Old Jun 24th 2003, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Question How long did it take or taking ?

To sell your house, just curious as we have so many of these posts and we are from varying places across the country.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

The Simpsons is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in Surrey and it took 8 weeks. The first couple to view went on to buy, but came round 5 times with various friends and relatives first. We sold at £7000 under asking price, which has dented our settlement funds, but I didn't want to risk not selling it by the time our visa comes through as we need the cash to go (NZ).

Good luck to all the house sellers out there, and try not to get too stressed about keeping everything hoovered and tidy!!!

Old Jun 24th 2003, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Talking

Reason I 'm asking we shall be putting our place on the market after our hols and I've never sold a house before, some seem to take weeks others quite a long time and we keep being told that the market is slowing down but don't see evidence of that ?
Old Jun 24th 2003, 7:34 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Carrianne
Reason I 'm asking we shall be putting our place on the market after our hols and I've never sold a house before, some seem to take weeks others quite a long time and we keep being told that the market is slowing down but don't see evidence of that ?

I've sold 2 houses before in York in the last 3 years within 6 weeks. This time it is 8 weeks and no sale though lots of interest so fingers crossed will get a sale soon

Jo
Old Jun 24th 2003, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carriane,

We aren't selling ours, but good luck with the house sale.

Regards
Karl.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that we need to finish decorating first though
Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:54 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that we need to finish decorating first though

Hi Carrianne
We too need to finish getting the house decorated only the bedroom left to go and then we need to get the estate agents round for a valuation. Got to admit the house is looking sooo good I'm tempted not to sell it.

Debbie
Old Jun 25th 2003, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Debbie,

That is the problem, we finsihed off putting a slate floor down last night in the kitchen, then we will tong and groove the ceiling, hubby needs to put a stair rail .... I could go on and we are getting it valued on the 25.07.03 and going on holiday for a week on the 05.07.03, I can just see us on the week running up to the valuation working till 1 in the morning.

Old Jun 25th 2003, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Had ours on the market for 4 weeks now, and will be dropping the price this weekend by 2,500.
We need to seel quick as my job ends at the end of next month.
Once the house has been sold, we can go off to NZ on a fact finding trip.
I think the best thing with selling a house is to keep your nerve and dont be impatient, which are two qualities I dont have, so I am finding it hard at the moment and giving the agent a hard time.

Paul
Old Jun 25th 2003, 1:45 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Pastor Flaps
Had ours on the market for 4 weeks now, and will be dropping the price this weekend by 2,500.
We need to seel quick as my job ends at the end of next month.
Once the house has been sold, we can go off to NZ on a fact finding trip.
I think the best thing with selling a house is to keep your nerve and dont be impatient, which are two qualities I dont have, so I am finding it hard at the moment and giving the agent a hard time.

Paul
My house has been on the market a week and a half now. I just called the estate agents to find out we have had 2 viewings yesterday, and another one is due tomorrow. I think that's becuase it has just been in the local paper.

It is also going in the local property journal, due out tomorrow, so hopefully that will generate a bit more interest.

If whoever up there has been watching out for me and my hubby so far, and has helped us get our visas is listening, please let the house be sold quickly!

Mel
Old Jun 25th 2003, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

We sold our house in Southampton in about 8 weeks. Would have been quiker but had to keep chasing up the estate agent!!
Tori
Old Jun 25th 2003, 3:52 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long did it take or taking ?

To sell your house, just curious as we have so many of these posts and we are from varying places across the country.
Sold ours in 2 weeks (Nottingham) but that was back in March, maybe the market has slowed down a bit by now?
Old Jun 25th 2003, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The valuer has just left. It seems to be pretty active around here, but people are definitely doing offers now rather than full asking price.
He says that prices havn't dropped and aren't going to in the near future, rather stay stable.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

House as been on the market for 4 weeks and only 2 viewings. Yesterday decided to doing something about it and got another estate agent to take pictures and put us on their books. Signed all the papers today and even managed to keep the fee at 1.5% with both agents on a multiple. This we hopefully get the 1st on to pull his finger out and work harder to get that sale.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Carrianne

Hi Carrianne
i work in an Estate Agents and although the market is quietier than it was 3 months ago it i wouldn't say that it was slowing down, its just maybe levelled off a bit!
Good luck with the house sell, i would put it only with a couple of agents at the same time, shop around for a good deal ie. multi agency fee! where abouts are you?
with regards
rach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.