Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long for a "case file" number!

how long for a "case file" number!

Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough
Default how long for a "case file" number!

a BIG HELLO to everybody!

just want to ask a question how long it took you lovely people out there to get a "case file" number. we are on the modl visa 136 skilled indpendant and we are still waiting for one. we were going to give DIMIA a ring to see what was happening. our agent has relocated to perth so cant get in touch with him until another few weeks. i am becoming a curtain twichter looking out for the postman every morning!! thanks.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Abhi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: how long for a "case file" number!

Our application was filed on Jan 23 2005,
recieved our File number in March end.
Request for medicals on April 25 2005
Sent the Medicals and PCC on 10th June 2005
Recieved approval on 13th June 2005
Even we were on 136 Skilled independent visa
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by butch&shell

just want to ask a question how long it took you lovely people out there to get a "case file" number. we are on the modl visa 136 skilled indpendant and we are still waiting for one. we were going to give DIMIA a ring to see what was happening. our agent has relocated to perth so cant get in touch with him until another few weeks. i am becoming a curtain twichter looking out for the postman every morning!! thanks.
It took about 3 months for us.

When did you send yours in??
Old Mar 29th 2006, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice

Hi,

we sent our visa app. off beginning of Dec and I still hadn't heard anything by Feb so I called them. They were really helpful and told me that our App. had arrived on the 19th Dec and gave us our case file number. We then got a letter in the post confirming this and saying that their e-mail to us had bounced back (they had the e-mail address down wrong). So if it has been quite a while, I would just give them a call as they were certainly very helpful to us.

Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:49 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

See timeline below.

Sorry will be more descriptive

We sent application in on 30/05/05, got an acknoweldgment on 10/06/05. Then got a CO 7.5 months later on 23/01/06. We are 136 non MODL.

Last edited by Shaun&Dee; Mar 29th 2006 at 5:52 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:14 pm
P64
Just Joined

P64 will become famous soon enough

HI

We are thinking of applying for a 136 skilled visa (hubby has enough points) how long does it take roughly from start to finish?

Also can anyone help with how to post a thread ? I'm new and haven't a clue what to do.

Cheers
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P64
HI

We are thinking of applying for a 136 skilled visa (hubby has enough points) how long does it take roughly from start to finish?

Also can anyone help with how to post a thread ? I'm new and haven't a clue what to do.

Cheers

There is a "Start new thread" button at the top of the page on each forum.

A visa application takes about 5 - 7 months, but you need to add the time on that it takes for skills assessment. These are not necessarily a long time in being done, but it can take a while to put it all together.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:23 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

You get the case file number when DIMA acknowledge your application. They acknowledged ours a few days after taking the credit card payment. With other people it has taken a few weeks. They will send the acknowledgement to your agent (by email or by post). Our agent then forwarded the email to us.

Sounds a little odd that you can't get in touch with your agent .... what is he playing at?!

Gina
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:39 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by P64
HI

Cheers
12 months for us, 136 non MODL
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

wibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by P64
HI

Cheers

I did the 136.

it took me 2 months to get the rpl (recognition of prior learning) done, sent it in Jan 05. passed mar 05.

got QLD to sponsor me. sent it July 05 and accepted July 05 (10 days)

sent the final stage end sept 05, they requested medical and police checks end OCT 05 (we had already got the police checks done because they take up to 6 weeks). had the medicals Nov 2 and was accepted Nov 30.

moved here Jan 06

Hope this helps

Wibbers
Old Mar 30th 2006, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by GinaUK
You get the case file number when DIMA acknowledge your application. They acknowledged ours a few days after taking the credit card payment. With other people it has taken a few weeks. They will send the acknowledgement to your agent (by email or by post). Our agent then forwarded the email to us.

Sounds a little odd that you can't get in touch with your agent .... what is he playing at?!

Gina
cheers gina
our agent is flying out on the 3rd april he has given us his new address in perth and we have his mobile number in his letter there is also a number(which is head office in perth) which we can phone and leave a voice message. when he phoned us saying our tra had past (6th feb) he told us that our main application was ready to be lodged and he was sending if off. few weeks later he sent us our 80's form to sign, when we hadn't received a case file number we rang him to see when the main was lodged he said on the 7th march, we thought it was in feb. now all the fees have been paid which was taken out of bank on the 7th march we are flapping a bit now! i know it takes time but i think butch will have to ring DIMA tonight to put our minds at rest.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cheers gina
our agent is flying out on the 3rd april he has given us his new address in perth and we have his mobile number in his letter there is also a number(which is head office in perth) which we can phone and leave a voice message. when he phoned us saying our tra had past (6th feb) he told us that our main application was ready to be lodged and he was sending if off. few weeks later he sent us our 80's form to sign, when we hadn't received a case file number we rang him to see when the main was lodged he said on the 7th march, we thought it was in feb. now all the fees have been paid which was taken out of bank on the 7th march we are flapping a bit now! i know it takes time but i think butch will have to ring DIMA tonight to put our minds at rest.

If you have an agent then he will receive your case number and other details.

I'm not altogether sure if they will tell you anything, I think they may have to deal with your agent, but like I said not 100% sure.

E-mail or phone your agent and ask him for the acknowledgement number, it will be something similar to CLFxxx/xxxx
Old Mar 30th 2006, 11:51 am
P64
Just Joined

P64 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WendyC
If you have an agent then he will receive your case number and other details.

I'm not altogether sure if they will tell you anything, I think they may have to deal with your agent, but like I said not 100% sure.

E-mail or phone your agent and ask him for the acknowledgement number, it will be something similar to CLFxxx/xxxx
Reading through loads of post, the time scale seems so different, form between 5 and 18 mths to getting visas, does anyone know why there is such a difference? is it to do with when you apply?
Old Mar 30th 2006, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by P64
Reading through loads of post, the time scale seems so different, form between 5 and 18 mths to getting visas, does anyone know why there is such a difference? is it to do with when you apply?
It depends on lots of things.

1 - how straight forward your case is
2 - where you live
3 - which region you are in
4 - if your CO takes a holiday or is sick
5 - which visa you are appling for

and probably lots more things.

A MODL application, from the UK takes between 5 - 7 months usually
A Non-MODL from the UK 7 - 9.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of
Smile Re: how long for a "case file" number!

cheers gina
Hi, they recieved ours end of jan and our agent got an email with the case number on 14th feb.I have actually rang the DIMIA myself,they are very helpful and will probably give you your case number over the phone>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.