How long?

Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice
Default How long?

we are about to send OH's TRA stuff away to our agent. Agent tells us that whilst this is away we will be completing the SIR visa paperwork so that (if and!) when the TRA say yes then we will be almost ready to send it all off. I have a couple of queries about this -

1. what info is required for the visa part of the application - will we have to go searching around for stuff/info like we did for the TRA??,

2. what is the very last point in time that we have to know whether OH's two teenagers have come to a decision re: coming with us on the visa,

3. AND how long do you think we have until the BIG yes or no comes through??

I know no-one can give exact time frames...I'm really just looking for ballpark figures. I want to know when I can start to get excited about the whole thing!!! It just feels far too early for all that!!

Hope someone can offer some advice.

Thanks.

Yvonne
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice
Default Re: How long?

Anyone??! Maybe someone who is some way through the visa process can answer at least question one??

I realise there are fewer people going on the SIR visa so any answers to question 3 might not be accurate but I'll take anything close, honest!!

Here's hoping for a few replies!

Thanks,

Yvonne
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

Originally Posted by YvonnePaul
Anyone??! Maybe someone who is some way through the visa process can answer at least question one??

I realise there are fewer people going on the SIR visa so any answers to question 3 might not be accurate but I'll take anything close, honest!!

Thanks,

Yvonne
If its any help I submitted my TRA in May last year, got it ok'd in June, submitted the visa application in July 2006 and got the visa April 2007. Many people have got theirs a lot quicker than that but on the flip side others are still waiting
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant future

we are about to send OH's TRA stuff away to our agent. Agent tells us that whilst this is away we will be completing the SIR visa paperwork so that (if and!) when the TRA say yes then we will be almost ready to send it all off. I have a couple of queries about this -

1. what info is required for the visa part of the application - will we have to go searching around for stuff/info like we did for the TRA??,

2. what is the very last point in time that we have to know whether OH's two teenagers have come to a decision re: coming with us on the visa,

I know no-one can give exact time frames...I'm really just looking for ballpark figures. I want to know when I can start to get excited about the whole thing!!! It just feels far too early for all that!!

Thanks.

Yvonne
Hi Yvonne,

My hubby's TRA was sent on 10.4.07 and I'm still waiting for a reply, although I think the 'norm' is about 4 weeks so hopefully I will hear something next week. With regards to the visa I am not sure what the timescale is for this as it seems to be different for everyone! Sorry can't be much more help.
Clare
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about

We sent our tra off on 16th March recieved it back 3 weeks later successful! Was not expecting it back that quick as it says on the form 6 months. Good luck.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Yvonne
Considering it was 4:07 a.m. when you posted this you might want to let those of us in Australia wake up.
Nobody can tell you how long for your visa. It could be a matter of a couple of months or it could be over a year. It depends entirely on your circumstances.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Thanks.

Yvonne
Hi, can only answer a part of it
1. The visa part was easy compared to the tra so you have already done the bulk of the work so dont worry about that.
2. Dont know?
3. We lodged visa application 136 modl 4th June so expect to get visa by January which I think seems realistic but wish it was sooner!
Also the new on line ones may be quicker.
Good luck & welcome to the waiting club....