How long?

Old Feb 16th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long?

Originally Posted by fajita
Hi,
Out of interest guys, how are you sending off your medicals unrequested? (Everything I see says that you have to wait until requested by the processing office)? I'd like to do the same. Presumedly you downloaded the forms and gave the doctor and radiographer the address to send them to? Did you get any problems from either of them?
Thanks!
I would also like to know the answer to these questions Agent has told us to wait until requested.Why?
Old Feb 16th 2006, 12:41 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Whilst as frustrating as it may seem to people, do bear in mind that last year the system changed which means that your visas are getting processed quicker than they ever have. A lot of, and probably most of the old timers on this board got visas under the previous system which meant 18+ month waits - myself included.

Put into perspective, bearing in mind it is a government dept, immigration in Australia does a decent job I reckon nowadays.
hiya!
Just wanted to say that I totally understand what you mean about the length of time in previous years with DIMIA; from a personal POV we are p*ssed off with the 6 1/2 mth wait we have had so far as the acknowledgement letter we received says that the maximum time for MODL applications from our region is 6 mths & as you can see we are over that now! We wouldn't feel like this if we hadn't of had that timescale quoted to us by DIMIA...........
Old Feb 16th 2006, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

ambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
hiya!
Just wanted to say that I totally understand what you mean about the length of time in previous years with DIMIA; from a personal POV we are p*ssed off with the 6 1/2 mth wait we have had so far as the acknowledgement letter we received says that the maximum time for MODL applications from our region is 6 mths & as you can see we are over that now! We wouldn't feel like this if we hadn't of had that timescale quoted to us by DIMIA...........
hi
our six months are up on the 1st march and i am sending my agent made with e-mails the last on which was sent tonight saying sorry for keeping on and thank god there is only 12 days to go until he can contact them.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Our agent sent us the forms, 160 and 26 i think. these need to be partially filled in before meds and then doc / radiographer does the best.

She predicted a good time for us to go based o n when our visa was lodged. As long as you have a file number you can get them done.

Dashing to hairdressers for them to cut as much as they like (might make me a tenth of a pound lighter tomorrow)

Lisa.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 6:44 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by upthehammers
I would also like to know the answer to these questions Agent has told us to wait until requested.Why?
Because your 12 months to validate your visa starts from the earliest of your medical or police check. So if you do your medicals unrequested, which I personally think is a dangerous game, say 6 months before you get your visa you will then have only 6 months to validate with your first entry. If your visa takes longer then less time than that. There are no extensions to when that must be done.

Personally we waited until they were requested - just like immigration tell you to. Its all become a bit of an urban myth round here sending them off unrequested. You dont get fastracked or treated any differently and since you dont have a case number of you do there is always the danger that they dont match them up with your case since they are not sent to the skilled processing centre.