Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to listen to radio UK radio stations

How to listen to radio UK radio stations

Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

QLDJo will become famous soon enough
Default How to listen to radio UK radio stations

Hi, can anyone help me, I want to listen to 97.4 Rock FM but when I click the 'Listen live" button it looks like its working but no sound comes out. I have tried this on my Ipad and computer.
Has anyone else managed to work 'Live radio' out on the internet. I have managed to get heaps of other stations that I don't want to listen to.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:21 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to listen to radio UK radio stations

Originally Posted by QLDJo
Hi, can anyone help me, I want to listen to 97.4 Rock FM but when I click the 'Listen live" button it looks like its working but no sound comes out. I have tried this on my Ipad and computer.
Has anyone else managed to work 'Live radio' out on the internet. I have managed to get heaps of other stations that I don't want to listen to.
I use the Tunein app on my Android phone and tablet

We also have a Logitech Squeezebox internet radio which is just an awesome little piece of tech
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I use the Tunein app on my Android phone and tablet

We also have a Logitech Squeezebox internet radio which is just an awesome little piece of tech
I use Tunein on my iphone, fantastic app, doesn't kill the battery too much either
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:39 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Normally I might agree with Tunein, but it appears this station isn't there. That might be due to the stuff up in the online player, same as the website.

They do claim an ipod app, but personally I'd drop the webmaster a snottogram.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Normally I might agree with Tunein, but it appears this station isn't there. That might be due to the stuff up in the online player, same as the website.

They do claim an ipod app, but personally I'd drop the webmaster a snottogram.
Tunein does seem to add stations frequently - maybe its possible to suggest the addition of this one?
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:45 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Tunein does seem to add stations frequently - maybe its possible to suggest the addition of this one?
You'll probably find it was there (they are part of a media group) but is dropped because it's not working.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

It says there's an iPhone app for the station but that might be just from the UK store. Can't play from the URL as it needs flash and the iPad won't do that
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:05 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Tunein Pro is fab Absolutely love it - $1.99 well spent

Just looked for the Rock FM Android App and it is not compatible with any of my devices, so that's a bit pants

Last edited by rasen78; Jul 18th 2013 at 10:09 am.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:08 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Hmm, a little more digging and I can get a search return for this in Tunein - but as "Not available in your country". So it looks like they have geolocked the content and that's why the website, their own apps, or Tunein, won't play it. Probably to save extortion from the rights holders.

Looks like you are down to running a VPN or proxy if you are desperate to listen to it.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/mp3.asp I use this site but have noticed more stations being blocked.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Rock FM is just terrible these days, no rock at all any more. Just pop rubbish..
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Use a UK proxy http://www.justproxy.co.uk/ http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/query.as...e=97.4+Rock+FM

The cost of their broadcasting licence increases if they want to make the station available to o/s listeners via the internet, so they don't bother.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

BelCaramelJoJo is an unknown quantity at this point

depending on the phone that you have:
TuneIn Pro
Pandora