how hot is it?

Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default how hot is it?

i think i could fry an egg on my head. ....

Last edited by wombatboy; Dec 16th 2004 at 3:20 am. Reason: duplication
Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:56 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: how hot is it?

Put a hat on then, and put the egg in the frying pan

Today's weather from http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/

Adelaide 30 Sunny - H 32°C/L 13°C

Brisbane - Mostly sunny - H 27°C/L 16°C

Canberra 25 Sunny - H 26°C/L 9°C

Darwin 30 Showers/storms - H 35°C/L 23°C

Hobart 19 Mostly sunny - H 20°C/L 11°C

Melbourne 22 Sunny - H 23°C/L 7°C

Perth 24 Sunny - H 27°C/L 16°C

Sydney 23 Sunny - H 25°C/L 8°C

Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:59 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Back to 'normal' here.

Bit cloudy still
Old Dec 16th 2004, 5:51 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Simone
Back to 'normal' here.

Bit cloudy still
BBC reported 42.5C - December record - in Perth - on Tuesday and forecast back up to top 30s on Sunday.

Regards from a mild, damp and windy UK

Jim
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

sharkbait is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
BBC reported 42.5C - December record - in Perth - on Tuesday and forecast back up to top 30s on Sunday.

Regards from a mild, damp and windy UK

Jim
that sounds really good !
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:17 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkbait
that sounds really good !
What, the 42.5 (pssst, was 41.5, hottest december day in 30 years, usually these temps are in febuary) or the mild, damp and windy?

Wanted the last on Tuesday!
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

sharkbait is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simone
What, the 42.5 (pssst, was 41.5, hottest december day in 30 years, usually these temps are in febuary) or the mild, damp and windy?

Wanted the last on Tuesday!
Yes, sorry, well actually I meant the damp windy bit !
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:50 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by sharkbait
Yes, sorry, well actually I meant the damp windy bit !
Yeah, that's what I thought, seeing as your on the Sunshine coast and it's probably hot and sticky!
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:51 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

nothing special here either, only 26 today. it's going to be as 'cold' as this right up to christmas! brrr lol.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

33 degrees and 76% humidity today. Lurrrvelly.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Put a hat on then, and put the egg in the frying pan

Today's weather from http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/

Adelaide 30 Sunny - H 32°C/L 13°C

Brisbane - Mostly sunny - H 27°C/L 16°C

Canberra 25 Sunny - H 26°C/L 9°C

Darwin 30 Showers/storms - H 35°C/L 23°C

Hobart 19 Mostly sunny - H 20°C/L 11°C

Melbourne 22 Sunny - H 23°C/L 7°C

Perth 24 Sunny - H 27°C/L 16°C

Sydney 23 Sunny - H 25°C/L 8°C

only 23 in sydney?? wow...i thought it was a lot hotter than that yesterday...but then again the direct sunlight seems more intense here. Talking of frying eggs, I'm sure I saw an episode of Bush Tucker Man once where he fried an egg on the bonnet of his ute out in the bush. Excellent.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:57 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by wombatboy
only 23 in sydney?? wow...i thought it was a lot hotter than that yesterday...but then again the direct sunlight seems more intense here. Talking of frying eggs, I'm sure I saw an episode of Bush Tucker Man once where he fried an egg on the bonnet of his ute out in the bush. Excellent.
I agree, it has us down for 27°C, but I was sure it was more than that. However, I just checked on the BOM site, and it seems correct. Min 20.7°C max 26.5°C

For the General Sydney area:
Sydney Airport area was 18°C to 24.5°C
Liverpool was 16.9°C to 28.2°C
Penrith was 16.8°C to 29.4°C (that's near where I used to live confirms it's cooler in QLD for me )

What area of Sydney are you in ?

Old Dec 17th 2004, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I agree, it has us down for 27°C, but I was sure it was more than that. However, I just checked on the BOM site, and it seems correct. Min 20.7°C max 26.5°C

For the General Sydney area:
Sydney Airport area was 18°C to 24.5°C
Liverpool was 16.9°C to 28.2°C
Penrith was 16.8°C to 29.4°C (that's near where I used to live confirms it's cooler in QLD for me )

What area of Sydney are you in ?
well, i work in north sydney in the day ...but i live out west near epping. Thats definately warmer there.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Hi
Unbelievably hot here in Adelaide today - very intense heat...measured the temp in direct sunlight at lunchtime today - our thermometer only goes as far as 50 degrees and it hit it!!!!! Can't wait until tomorrow afternoon when it is meant to break and reduce a bit . Never thought i'd be saying it was too hot!!!!
Very cranky toddler who hates the heat and we're hiding indoors today with the aircon on full!!!
Susan