Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how hard to find work on sunshine coast

how hard to find work on sunshine coast

Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all
Default how hard to find work on sunshine coast

hI peeps

contemplating moving interstate from adelaide to sunshine coast probably noosa/mooloolaba/caloundra areas

I am sure I have read a few threads about work being difficult to find.

OH works in advertising,Im a nurse

anyone offer any experiences

also is it possible to commute into brissie if we cant find it locally by train/car
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

keijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant future
Default Re: how hard to find work on sunshine coast

My wife checks out seek.com most days for Nursing jobs even though she's happy at her work. It's always good to register with Recruitment Agencies when you get here or before as you're already in Oz, that's how I found work.

If you want to get a train to Brissy from the Sunny Coast you'll have to drive to the train station as the train doesn't quite go right to the coast yet, it's about 20 minutes to half an hour from Maroochydore to Nambour Station. There are another few stations in between like Palmwoods or Woombye . Or from Noosa there's Cooroy, Eumundi or Yandina Stations. From Caloundra you're looking at a drive to Landsborough, Mooloolah or Beerwah stations, quite a drive really. I'm also not sure if you have to change trains at Caboolture, that's the furthest I've been on the train and it was held up for an hour and a half because of track works!!!

You can of course drive to Brissy which will take you anything from 1 hour 15 mins on a great day to upwards of 3 hours plus on a bad day or you get lost like I tend to do

The roads are improving slowly here.
I hope I'm nt painting a bleak picture as I love the Sunshine Coast, I just tend not to goto Brisbane too often...and that's why we tend to work fairly locally. I drive about 15 minutes to work and my wife drives 35 ish.