Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How good are the Toilets in Oz ?

How good are the Toilets in Oz ?

Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future
Question How good are the Toilets in Oz ?

It may sound a strange question, however for those that have been to the USA or even Spain know why I'm asking.

Half my day seems to be taken up with unblocking the thrones. Do you have toilets like the UK that actually work and not block all the time ? or do you have to do poop a little ... flush .. poop some more .. flush ... etc , I'm sure you get the idea

Lee
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Default Re: How good are the Toilets in Oz ?

Originally Posted by FloridaLee
It may sound a strange question, however for those that have been to the USA or even Spain know why I'm asking.

Half my day seems to be taken up with unblocking the thrones. Do you have toilets like the UK that actually work and not block all the time ? or do you have to do poop a little ... flush .. poop some more .. flush ... etc , I'm sure you get the idea

Lee
Hi Lee

As far as i know the UK toilets are fine

Beth
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi Lee

Beth
The only time you have a problem is when you press half-flush (No 1) by mistake when you really wanted full flush (No 2).
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:07 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

The new fangled inside ones are pretty rare
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi Lee

Beth

No .. the toilets in Oz .. are they like the ones in UK ??

Thx Lee
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:16 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

My 2 year ol has made it his goal in life to flush everything down the loo. This week alone we have lost a brio train (percy i think), a matchbox car and a half finished loo roll which he managed to get off the holder and flush away. Tonight he appeared with no nappy on, i asked him where it was and he said "nappy flush" sure enough he leads me to the kids dunny and there is his nappy, swollen to the size of a cows head, down the toilet, thankfully he didnt press flush straight off or we'd have been in trouble, by the time he did it had swollen too much.

So i recon, unless you have a problem you'd rather not discuss here, you should be fine

Lynn
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:17 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How good are the Toilets in Oz ?

Lee
Dual flush is the standard; a nice smooth, clean action with no blockages. I was staggered to find that some houses in the UK still use the old-fashioned wall-mounted cistern! (Er... including our own... )

The bottom line (har, har) is that Aussie loos are just great.

40 million buttocks can't be wrong!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=FloridaLee]It may sound a strange question, however for those that have been to the USA or even Spain know why I'm asking.

This thread made me chuckle and reminded me of my husband's first traumatic night alone in the USA (post airplane food!). Without going into great detail as i'm sure you have a very good idea of what i'm talking about, needless to say it involved an arm, much wretching & profanity and a 'plunger' being put on the shopping priority list.
Having been in south georgia for 5 years, we have learnt that any more than 5 pieces of bog paper and associated doings results in much dismay and many giggles from whoever is in the bedroom and has heard the familiar half choked gargle from the toilet!

As far as I know, the plumbing in queensland is good, it was well tested with all the great choice of food on offer, no chicken gizzards in sight! Just out of interest, are you a brit living in florida and thinking of going to Oz?

Last edited by georgiagal; Apr 17th 2006 at 12:52 pm. Reason: spell check
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:47 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Lee
we have always done it in what they call a gozunder in england and chucked it out the window in the morning
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:59 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Lee
Modern toilets in OZ have a 2 flush system. A small bar denotes for number ones and the large bar for number two's. This seems to work well in the main.

If for some reason you can't flush and get rid of number two's: wait a few mins then reflush. or else if still no joy, break up the number two with the toilet brush (sometimes the stool is enlarged due to excess methane or other things in it).

If all else fails (and this can happen anywhere) ring a plumber! Some older type toilets have very small pipes(can't have eaten much fibre in those days )
Old Apr 17th 2006, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Too much information! LOL
Leigh
Old Apr 17th 2006, 1:46 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Tis no problem as long as you estimate the size of hole correctly and your spade has a solid handle on it
Old Apr 17th 2006, 1:46 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: How good are the Toilets in Oz ?

Originally Posted by kiwichild
If for some reason you can't flush and get rid of number two's: wait a few mins then reflush. or else if still no joy, break up the number two with the toilet brush (sometimes the stool is enlarged due to excess methane or other things in it).
Now there's a woman with far too much time on her hands...
Old Apr 17th 2006, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Lets hope it's just time she has on her hands.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 2:09 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Cheeky... I just would hate for a guest to see a 'stained toilet bowl' as would most ladies I imagine. God you men can be so indifferent to the work we do at times to keep the 'family standard' up to scratch!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.