Reload this Page >

How to get my bling to Oz?

How to get my bling to Oz?

Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

karenandjason is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get my bling to Oz?

Hi
Me and my husband are starting work as teachers in Western Australia in January. We decided to go travelling through Southeast Asia before hand and are leaving early Oct. John Masons are dealing with shipping our stuff but will not take jewellery. I don’t really want to wear my engagement ring whilst travelling and also have a lovely diamond necklace – a present on my wedding day.

I thought I could leave them behind with my parents and get them to post them out. I have been to the post office today and they said No Way. Have looked at DHL and Fedex and they too don’t seem to ship valuables. Any ideas? I’m thinking at the moment I’ll just have to take them and be ultra careful ??
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: How to get my bling to Oz?

Originally Posted by karenandjason
Hi
Me and my husband are starting work as teachers in Western Australia in January. We decided to go travelling through Southeast Asia before hand and are leaving early Oct. John Masons are dealing with shipping our stuff but will not take jewellery. I don’t really want to wear my engagement ring whilst travelling and also have a lovely diamond necklace – a present on my wedding day.

I thought I could leave them behind with my parents and get them to post them out. I have been to the post office today and they said No Way. Have looked at DHL and Fedex and they too don’t seem to ship valuables. Any ideas? I’m thinking at the moment I’ll just have to take them and be ultra careful ??

You could always just wait till someone visits you and let them being them over for you.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 4:09 am
Just Joined

dmgss is a jewel in the roughdmgss is a jewel in the roughdmgss is a jewel in the roughdmgss is a jewel in the rough

I put all my jewelry and valuables in my hand luggage.

M
Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by helena39
You could always just wait till someone visits you and let them being them over for you.
Think that would probably be the best option.

Originally Posted by dmgss
I put all my jewelry and valuables in my hand luggage.

M
Yeah, me too.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:15 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I would either wear them or put them in your hand luggage. Only way really for peace of mind.
We all wore our valuables (not that we have that much lol).
Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:19 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

If your travels around SE asia begin and end at the same airport, then you could wear the jewellery on the flight to SE Asia, hire a safety deposit box in a bank and drop it off, then pick it up 3 months later when you hop on the plane to Australia.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Pisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant future

I wore some of the more valuable things and then carried everything else in my handbag which I kept my beady eye on.