Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to find long lost family.

How to find long lost family.

Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:31 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to find long lost family.

My late grandad was a true Aussie and lived in Adelaide until he moved to England and met my grandma. Both have passed away, but my grandad had 2sons in Australia aswell as 4 sons in the UK.
My parents want me to find out the whereabouts of the 2 brothers who now live in Perth!!
They gave me an address last week and i went to the house. The lady who lived there said she had only just moved in and the elderly couple who lived there before had moved to Swan Valley. This could be them!
But i have no idea of who to contact to get anymore information. All i have is the name.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:57 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to find long lost family.

Could you get the name of the estate agent that she bought the house through - they might be able to help.
They obviously won't be in the phone book yet. But maybe try the Shire - City of Swan 9267 9267.
Good luck, I'll keep my eyes peeled for them down this way!
Tracey
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:18 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

White pages, surely would be worth a try? If they're your grandfather's sons, then their surname won't have changed...
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Try the Electoral Roll ...I reckon you can find them through this, I sincerely hope so ...good luck paulrachel
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:10 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Could you get the name of the estate agent that she bought the house through - they might be able to help.
They obviously won't be in the phone book yet. But maybe try the Shire - City of Swan 9267 9267.
Good luck, I'll keep my eyes peeled for them down this way!
Tracey
Even if they are not in the book, Telstra may have a record of their number- try directory assistance.

How would the City Council be able to help? They may not have registered on the electrol roll for that area or are living in accomodation that the Council doesn't have documents in their name. Surely they would refer to directory assistance.
Maybe taking an advert in the local paper would be a good start.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:12 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Try the Electoral Roll ...I reckon you can find them through this, I sincerely hope so ...good luck paulrachel
People don't always change details on the electrol roll when they move.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:16 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Even if they are not in the book, telstra will have a record of their number. Try directory assistance.

How would the City Council be able to help? They may not have registered on the electrol roll for that area or are living in accomodation that the Council doesn't have documents in their name. Surely they would refer to directory assistance.
Maybe taking an advert in the lacal paper would be a good start.
I was thinking that if they have bought property recently then the Shire may be able to help. They are given your details when you buy a property for eg rates. It was just a suggestion!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all, good suggestions all of them. I will try all of them as you never know. Cheers
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:02 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

How to find long lost family?

Announce that you have won Lotto and they will find you

Cheers,

DagBoy