Reload this Page >

How far is the Brisbane airport from the Gold Coast

Wikiposts

How far is the Brisbane airport from the Gold Coast

Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:52 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How far is the Brisbane airport from the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by julie hilton
That's great, but I bet it doesn't do flights from the Uk? Is Brisbane the only airport that does flights from the Uk? It would be so handy having an airport close by, as I have alot of family that would come and vist.
You'll have to get a domestic flight from Brisbane to Coolangatta.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
You'll have to get a domestic flight from Brisbane to Coolangatta.
Or get cheaper flights to Sydney and then a domestic up to Coolangatta. You can quite often get better deals to Sydney than to Brissie. And Gold Coast Airport is a breeze to get in and out of, and about half an hour up to Nerang.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Or get cheaper flights to Sydney and then a domestic up to Coolangatta. You can quite often get better deals to Sydney than to Brissie. And Gold Coast Airport is a breeze to get in and out of, and about half an hour up to Nerang.
Bear in mind you can't get a train from Coolangatta back up to the Gold Coast, but there will be taxis and buses. There's the usual big car rental companies at the airport, but IIRC on the beach side of the highway (about a fifteen minute luggage drag) there is at least one rent-a-wreck place.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie hilton
That's great, but I bet it doesn't do flights from the Uk? Is Brisbane the only airport that does flights from the Uk? It would be so handy having an airport close by, as I have alot of family that would come and vist.

Hi Julie,

I have heard that Coolangatta will soon be excepting flights from the far East next year from places like Hong Kong, Singapore and K.L.

I have heard that they are extending the runway length to enable them to take the biggest jets and therefor open up the airport for all of the long haul flights.

I read this in the local paper a few months back but I have not heard if it is official yet, maybe someone else can shed some more light on it.

Tony

www.platinumrelocations.com.au
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
Hi Julie,

I have heard that Coolangatta will soon be excepting flights from the far East next year from places like Hong Kong, Singapore and K.L.

I have heard that they are extending the runway length to enable them to take the biggest jets and therefor open up the airport for all of the long haul flights.

I read this in the local paper a few months back but I have not heard if it is official yet, maybe someone else can shed some more light on it.

Tony

Don't think they have Customs or AQIS there at repsent , or do they? That would be an essential for international flights. One reason why there are none to Hobart now is a lack of Customs presence.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
One reason why there are none to Hobart now is a lack of Customs presence.
I would have thought they would be very careful of what goes in and out of tasmania.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I would have thought they would be very careful of what goes in and out of tasmania.
LOL
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
Hi Julie,

Tony

It's being extended as we speak