Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rocking Horse anyone?

Rocking Horse anyone?

Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

private benjamin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rocking Horse anyone?

Hubby's hobby is making rocking horses, (made from wood, varnished, painted etc, full leather bridal and saddle and imitation horse hair) question is has anyone else ever taken a rocking horse in their container???

He wants to take the very first one he made but our shipping agents are making strange noises and saying things like "oh will have to contact Australia, have never been asked this before (and this is Pickfords).

I'm sure some one will have taken a rocking horse before??????
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rocking Horse anyone?

Try this - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370034
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

We brought the girls rocking horse over from UK with us. My only advice would be to make sure they wrap it up well as ours was only covered with a blanket and after 16 weeks in a container it somehow had black oil like substance around the nice wooden base. Took ages to clean so whoever you use to ship it just ask if they are packing it.

Marie
Old Oct 29th 2006, 4:52 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by private benjamin
I'm sure some one will have taken a rocking horse before??????
We brought one in our container. I got it for my 1st christmas, so there was no way I was leaving it behind.

It was well wrapped and appeared on all the paperwork and I'm sure it's got 'real' horse hair for it's mane and tail and it was fine.

I need a few repairs on it though - don't suppose you're headed for Perth, are you??

Jules
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

private benjamin is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys for your reply's Pickfords have been on the phone and have said its okay to go.... just aswell as hubby was going to have major tantrum!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 11:19 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

At "smoko" the other morning i asked the AQIS inspector who was working our depot, she told me there have been no changes in policy regarding HORSE HAIR if it is genuine hair you have option of removing it ,or having it irradiated...........costly ? ..........certainly , your call...... mm