Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How does being pregnant affect process

How does being pregnant affect process

Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Default How does being pregnant affect process

We are due to start the sills assessment in June this year and apply for our visa (136). But I may be pregnant. Will this slow the process and how does it affect when I need to do the medicals?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:50 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does being pregnant affect process

Originally Posted by LisaT
We are due to start the sills assessment in June this year and apply for our visa (136). But I may be pregnant. Will this slow the process and how does it affect when I need to do the medicals?

If you do your skills ass in June,wait for the results,then apply for the visa chances are you would have had your bubba? if not only delay is having the x-ray for the medical-cant see it holding you up much at all to be honest.

Donna.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Originally Posted by madsad
If you do your skills ass in June,wait for the results,then apply for the visa chances are you would have had your bubba? if not only delay is having the x-ray for the medical-cant see it holding you up much at all to be honest.

Donna.
Hi Donna

At what point do you have a medical?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:00 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna

At what point do you have a medical?
After you have your skills assessed,apply for your visa,then Dimia ask you to go for your medicals.could be anything from 6-12wks in between applying for your visa till you get asked to go for your meds,maybe longer or shorter time wise just depends on your situation & i suppose Dimias situation!
We frontloaded in the June & got our visa in the Nov,but Dimia were dealing with a backlog plus we had a difficult case too) I think the system they have in place now is quicker? & no backlog at this point either!

Donna.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

After you have your skills assessed,apply for your visa,then Dimia ask you to go for your medicals.could be anything from 6-12wks in between applying for your visa till you get asked to go for your meds,maybe longer or shorter time wise just depends on your situation & i suppose Dimias situation!
We frontloaded in the June & got our visa in the Nov,but Dimia were dealing with a backlog plus we had a difficult case too) I think the system they have in place now is quicker? & no backlog at this point either!

Donna.

Sorry for being dumn but what do you mean by frontloaded?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

We were in the same position and were told to tell them as soon as possible as the little one will have to be included in your application. Similarly if you submit the application and then find out your pregnant you must inform them immediately of your change in circumstances. All worked out well for us. Little one has a nice stamp in her passport also, even though she wasn't around when we applied.

Best of luck
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
We were in the same position and were told to tell them as soon as possible as the little one will have to be included in your application. Similarly if you submit the application and then find out your pregnant you must inform them immediately of your change in circumstances. All worked out well for us. Little one has a nice stamp in her passport also, even though she wasn't around when we applied.

Best of luck

What did you do about your medical if you were pregnant?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

How did anyone cope with being pregnant with a second child and go through the immigrating process, selling house etc etc. The stress of it all with a young baby and toddler worried me.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:47 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

How did anyone cope with being pregnant with a second child and go through the immigrating process, selling house etc etc. The stress of it all with a young baby and toddler worried me.
We have a 2 year old & a 5 month old so I can totally appreciate where you are coming from! Yes it is exhausting but at the end of the day I am doing this to give my kids a better life so I just put my head down & get on with it!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

What did you do about your medical if you were pregnant?
Medical had to wait until after the birth. If you think you are pregnant at the moment and you have not sent off your application yet. Normal circumstances would suggest that you will have had the baby before you get notice to obtain your medicals. Normal process takes 18 months roughly
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Medical had to wait until after the birth. If you think you are pregnant at the moment and you have not sent off your application yet. Normal circumstances would suggest that you will have had the baby before you get notice to obtain your medicals. Normal process takes 18 months roughly

From reading messages on here I was under the impression the process is now alot quicker. We are going under a skilled 136 visa.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:19 am

Lisa,
Stop frettin & take each day as it comes,do as you are doing at the moment,if you are preparing for your TRA keep going,you need do nothing until you submit your application for your visa,then do your meds,then visa granted! If you are still pregnant whilst you submit your visa application & are asked to do meds,simply let Dimia know & do your meds once your bubba is born.
Lisa, if you are with an agent he should be able to talk you through the process? if not please stay in touch with all us & we maybe able to guide you?

Hope this helps,

Donna.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Lisa,
Stop frettin & take each day as it comes,do as you are doing at the moment,if you are preparing for your TRA keep going,you need do nothing until you submit your application for your visa,then do your meds,then visa granted! If you are still pregnant whilst you submit your visa application & are asked to do meds,simply let Dimia know & do your meds once your bubba is born.
Lisa, if you are with an agent he should be able to talk you through the process? if not please stay in touch with all us & we maybe able to guide you?

Hope this helps,

Donna.
Thanks

I know I over avaluate everything. But I like to plan ahead for things and be in control.

Thanks all......
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

From reading messages on here I was under the impression the process is now alot quicker. We are going under a skilled 136 visa.
We have a skilled 136 visa also. What I have said is purely the scenario we went through. Things might have changed since we applied not sure. My understanding is that the process is quicker if you are applying for a state restricted visa or a state sponsored visa.

Don't worry too much at the moment and get your visa application off. If you get the request for meds before the baby is born then inform DIMIA and they will adjust your records. However I would let them know that you are pregnant at the moment at time of applying. It will be taken into account when requesting medicals.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:03 am

Thanks

I know I over avaluate everything. But I like to plan ahead for things and be in control.

Thanks all......
No i dont think you are,you do have to plan ahead,know whats going to happen or may happen,the more you know what might happen the more you can prepare for it!

Best of luck Lisa & do keep in touch?

Donna.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.