Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how do you handle returning again??

how do you handle returning again??

Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

jlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nice
Default how do you handle returning again??

Hi, we have returned to the UK and regretted our decision as soon as Christmas was over.
My question is, had anyone else returned to Oz and how did the rest of the family handle it for the second time.
I have told most of my friends and they are OK with it as we will not be leaving for a year or two, but family, now thats different.

Just wondering if sooner is better that later and how other people handled it.

Thanks

Libby.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how do you handle returning again??

Originally Posted by jlkk
Hi, we have returned to the UK and regretted our decision as soon as Christmas was over.
My question is, had anyone else returned to Oz and how did the rest of the family handle it for the second time.
I have told most of my friends and they are OK with it as we will not be leaving for a year or two, but family, now thats different.

Thanks

Libby.

Only advise is do what YOU feel is right for your family.

Good luck though
Wendy
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:10 pm
Thinking of returning

mattyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Libby.

Thats just how i am feeling, we came back after 6months and am regretting it. The wife however feels very settled. I am trying to persude her to go back even if only for a few years and she is having a think about it. I know Oz isn't a magical place like some think, but i do beleive it holds a better lifestyle for our family, especially the kids. Where abouts was you first time round?

Matty D
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

jlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nice

Originally Posted by mattyd
Thats just how i am feeling, we came back after 6months and am regretting it. The wife however feels very settled. I am trying to persude her to go back even if only for a few years and she is having a think about it. I know Oz isn't a magical place like some think, but i do beleive it holds a better lifestyle for our family, especially the kids. Where abouts was you first time round?

Matty D
Hi Matty,

We were in Adelaide, but would return to Queensland this time. Adelaide did not suit us, but that was not the only reason we came back. It was for the rest of the family and we have decided it was the wrong reason. Their life has gone on regardless and still is. False promises ect............
Good luck with persuading your to give it another go.

Libby X
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:30 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Libby

I've no intention leaving Aus so am unable to give advice regarding a return, however there are a few who intend coming back so they might be able to give advice. I think fishface is one and glitterbabe is another...and ABCDiamond is someone who's done the return trip..so maybe they can help

Anyways, just wanted to say "good luck" with the move back.

I know it must have been a hard decision to go back to UK...so equally as hard to return to Aus. But as others have said, you do what's best for you
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:35 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Can't comment on this in one way as we're in the process of going first time but as you say family have gone on with their lives and you must too, even if that means you go back.

I think you'll know what suits your family. Mine have known for a while and over time have come to accept (not necessarily like) things.

This is one life and it belongs to you and yours.....live it!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:13 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: how do you handle returning again??

Thanks

Libby.
That's a bit like asking how people would cope with sticking their head down the toilet; ie. it begs the question "Why would you do it in the first place?"
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:07 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
That's a bit like asking how people would cope with sticking their head down the toilet; ie. it begs the question "Why would you do it in the first place?"
Ah yes - but at least having stuck ones head down the toilet the person has the good sense to realise that the said toilet is in fact called the UK and wishes to leave the cubical in which its situated post haste and come back home to Australia.

Good call and best wishes with it. I'm sure your family will understand.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

nurseali has a spectacular aura aboutnurseali has a spectacular aura aboutnurseali has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mattyd

Matty D
There is a forum for people moving back to the UK they may be able to help/advise on there.
Alison
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nurseali
There is a forum for people moving back to the UK they may be able to help/advise on there.
Alison
This is about someone returning to Aus from UK.

Why would they want to go on the returning to UK forum...when they are returning to Aus

The UK forum will convince em to stay
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

nurseali has a spectacular aura aboutnurseali has a spectacular aura aboutnurseali has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
This is about someone returning to Aus from UK.

Why would they want to go on the returning to UK forum...when they are returning to Aus

The UK forum will convince em to stay
Just thought Some people might have returned & had 2nd thoughts also & would post there.No need to be so snappy! only trying to help.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Just thought Some people might have returned & had 2nd thoughts also & would post there.No need to be so snappy! only trying to help.
There is actually a thread on the forum I mentioned saying saying UK or OZ cant decide, that may help.
Alison
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Maybe you need to look back at my post.

Notice the smiley?

Notice I wrote in "comic" writing?

That means I was being friendly.....and also trying to help.

I don't snap. I bite
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:11 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing needs to be foreever.

In my wifes line of work staff move country every few years - we have relocated San Francisco - London - Swindon - London - Horsham and now Melbourne.

Be selfish and look out for you and your family. Other family members may be selfish in wanting you to be nearer them.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for all your advice. much appreciated.

We will definatley be back, even typing that gives me nice butterflies in my stomach.

If there is one thing the whole experience has taught us, its that my family are myself, hubby and our 2 children. As long as we are happy, thats all that matters.

A bit selfish I know, but hey, if I stayed here, then that would be second best for us and you are only here once. Bit of a cliche, but true all the same.

I can not stay here on the off chance that we will get a family visitor once a month or twice if we are lucky, there has got to more to life than that. They had a second chance and they screwed it up!! sorry not that I am bitter or anything you understand!!

Thanks again everyone

LibbyX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.