Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do work colleagues treat you in the last few weeks?

Wikiposts

How do work colleagues treat you in the last few weeks?

Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:40 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do work colleagues treat you in the last few weeks?

Originally Posted by samnrob2

If nothing else, this sums up and confirms one of the main reasons why we are leaving this shite country - it's full of narrow-minded, petty, pessimistic, in-bred arseholes who belittle anyone who wants to better their life. PRICKS!!

You may be having some difficulties at work but this comment is unwarranted.

Some of us like the UK and like living here.

We are not all migrating to escape something.

G
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:43 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grayling
You may be having some difficulties at work but this comment is unwarranted.

Some of us like the UK and like living here.

We are not all migrating to escape something.

G
mmm....heat of the moment comment

It is a very well known trait though amongst a number of brits to belittle someone else's achievements/dreams - be it the green eyed monster or what I don't know, but it just seems like they come out of the woodwork all at the same time - in my case, today!

Rob
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:46 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

mmm....heat of the moment comment

It is a very well known trait though amongst a number of brits to belittle someone else's achievements/dreams - be it the green eyed monster or what I don't know, but it just seems like they come out of the woodwork all at the same time - in my case, today!

Rob
He who laughs last.......

G
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:47 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

... plus of course they say 'See you in 9 months' cos that's how long I lasted last time I left, before being made redundant and returning to more or less my old job (but on 10% less money than I was originally offered to stay)
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:47 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grayling
He who laughs last.......

G
Very true...that's what's making me bite my lip - albeit not on this thread!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:51 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by bal56
... plus of course they say 'See you in 9 months' cos that's how long I lasted last time I left, before being made redundant and returning to more or less my old job (but on 10% less money than I was originally offered to stay)
I have retired twice from the same job/department.

Both times I have ended up going back because it suited me (and them).

Start again next week. Working part time for a while.

Best not to burn ALL your bridges.

G
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

Haven't told my boss yet!! Dreading it and have to do it soon as the cut off date looms! Should be interesting!

You know when you get soooo frustrated at small-minded people and you can feel the pressure building up inside your head and you don't know whether to break down in exasperation or punch someone?! Well that's how I'm feeling!

I've got two and half weeks left at work, and I'm getting fed up with snide comments from one of my bosses. He's a complete and utter prick! I keep telling myself to rise above it and laugh in his face.

Other things have happened at work since I announced I was leaving which have really wound me up. However, I keep trying to smile and shrug things off with the thought that my wife and I are doing something with our lives and the petty things building up around don't affect me.

They don't affect me really but when people are being pricks, they're being pricks! And it's just pure frustration and the stupidity of small-minded people that gets to me.

The other problem is that my wife is having a similar problem at the school she teaches at.

If nothing else, this sums up and confirms one of the main reasons why we are leaving this shite country - it's full of narrow-minded, petty, pessimistic, in-bred arseholes who belittle anyone who wants to better their life. PRICKS!!

Sorry for the blasphemous thread, but I've got no other outlet at the moment, already sent a txt to the wife to have a good moan but am still in an office full of...

yes....

you guessed it........

PRICKS!!!!!!!!!!

To give this thread any other relevance, I was just wondering how other people found their last few weeks in their job before leaving?

Rob
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:38 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Hi Rob, I know exactly how you are feeling and I haven't even got my visa yet so they still don't know when I'm leaving. I think you're absolutly right and those people need to get a life. I've tried to make a couple of changes to the way we work for the benefit of the people I will (gladly) leave behind but nobody is interested.

I've got a picture of my Dads house, bathed in sun with the palm trees in the garden as my wallpaper on my PC and it annoys the hell out of them all. Plus whenever someone comes past my machine that hasn't seen the picture they say "ooh that looks nice where is it?" to which I reply "my new home down under", pressing the smug button!!!

Probably doesn't help but I'll send some karma.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:39 am
Banned

jumpship is an unknown quantity at this point

Sh*t on those on the way up . . . wait til you are falling down!