Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Found One Way Travel Insurance...at last

Found One Way Travel Insurance...at last

Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Talking Found One Way Travel Insurance...at last

Finally, finally, finally found someone who'll give one way insurance for those who want to leave this wintry climate!

Downunder Insurance Services (appropriate I guess) 0800 393 908. Spoke to lovely Aussie girl, who advised:

policy lasts for 24 hours after arrival, for a trip no longer than 5 days, with no stopovers.

you're covered for: £1000 personal belongings, £100 of personal valuables
medical £2000 000 (I pointed out that if I needed that much work done to me I was probably dead!), Cancellation if one of you are too ill to travel, £200 cash personal spend, and legal fees £5000.

£13 per person!!!!!!!!!!! Very impressed we were, seeing as the post office wanted £92! :scared:
Hope this is of some help to folk.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:46 pm
FAMILY MEMBER

paula elliott has a spectacular aura aboutpaula elliott has a spectacular aura aboutpaula elliott has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Found One Way Travel Insurance...at last

[QUOTE=logan]Finally, finally, finally found someone who'll give one way insurance for those who want to leave this wintry climate!

Downunder Insurance Services (appropriate I guess) 0800 393 908. Spoke to lovely Aussie girl, who advised:

policy lasts for 24 hours after arrival, for a trip no longer than 5 days, with no stopovers.

you're covered for: £1000 personal belongings, £100 of personal valuables
medical £2000 000 (I pointed out that if I needed that much work done to me I was probably dead!), Cancellation if one of you are too ill to travel, £200 cash personal spend, and legal fees £5000.

£13 per person!!!!!!!!!!! Very impressed we were, seeing as the post office wanted £92! :scared:
Hope this is of some help to folk.[/QUOTE
THANK YOU FOR THAT. I WILL PHONETHEM TOMORROWAND GET COVERED. CHEAP PRICE.
PAULA
Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:24 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Know any travel insurer if you want one-way WITH stopovers?
Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:28 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stormz
Know any travel insurer if you want one-way WITH stopovers?
Hello Stormz

Any of the regular insurers that you see on the travel pages of the newspapers will do a one-way jobbie. You have to phone them though, the facility for one way is not (usually)available online.

No idea of costs though - presumably more than the £13 quoted for no stopover.

Regards

Jim