Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do work colleagues treat you in the last few weeks?

How do work colleagues treat you in the last few weeks?

Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:41 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Unhappy How do work colleagues treat you in the last few weeks?

You know when you get soooo frustrated at small-minded people and you can feel the pressure building up inside your head and you don't know whether to break down in exasperation or punch someone?! Well that's how I'm feeling!

I've got two and half weeks left at work, and I'm getting fed up with snide comments from one of my bosses. He's a complete and utter prick! I keep telling myself to rise above it and laugh in his face.

Other things have happened at work since I announced I was leaving which have really wound me up. However, I keep trying to smile and shrug things off with the thought that my wife and I are doing something with our lives and the petty things building up around don't affect me.

They don't affect me really but when people are being pricks, they're being pricks! And it's just pure frustration and the stupidity of small-minded people that gets to me.

The other problem is that my wife is having a similar problem at the school she teaches at.

If nothing else, this sums up and confirms one of the main reasons why we are leaving this shite country - it's full of narrow-minded, petty, pessimistic, in-bred arseholes who belittle anyone who wants to better their life. PRICKS!!

Sorry for the blasphemous thread, but I've got no other outlet at the moment, already sent a txt to the wife to have a good moan but am still in an office full of...

yes....

you guessed it........

PRICKS!!!!!!!!!!

To give this thread any other relevance, I was just wondering how other people found their last few weeks in their job before leaving?

Rob
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:50 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do work colleagues treat you in the last few weeks?

So glad to hear you're enjoying your job Rob
Look at it this way....it makes the final day even better.

I had no such problem as I was asked to leave the building after resigning because I was joining a competitor. Spent the month on "gardening" leave.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:51 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Beano-esque image of someone sat at a PC with steam coming out of there ears!!!

I have all this to come, jealousy can make people say and do horrible things.

Just make sure to send the regualr postcards once you are in Oz. That should really wind them up!!!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:57 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by samnrob2
You know when you get soooo frustrated at small-minded people and you can feel the pressure building up inside your head and you don't know whether to break down in exasperation or punch someone?! Well that's how I'm feeling!

I've got two and half weeks left at work, and I'm getting fed up with snide comments from one of my bosses. He's a complete and utter prick! I keep telling myself to rise above it and laugh in his face.

Other things have happened at work since I announced I was leaving which have really wound me up. However, I keep trying to smile and shrug things off with the thought that my wife and I are doing something with our lives and the petty things building up around don't affect me.

They don't affect me really but when people are being pricks, they're being pricks! And it's just pure frustration and the stupidity of small-minded people that gets to me.

The other problem is that my wife is having a similar problem at the school she teaches at.

If nothing else, this sums up and confirms one of the main reasons why we are leaving this shite country - it's full of narrow-minded, petty, pessimistic, in-bred arseholes who belittle anyone who wants to better their life. PRICKS!!

Sorry for the blasphemous thread, but I've got no other outlet at the moment, already sent a txt to the wife to have a good moan but am still in an office full of...

yes....

you guessed it........

PRICKS!!!!!!!!!!

To give this thread any other relevance, I was just wondering how other people found their last few weeks in their job before leaving?

Rob

I think its a case of good old fashioned jealousy Rob.

I have seen it happen in other circumstances when people have said they are going away on holiday somewhere exotic and the hostile comments from colleagues, as if they are annoyed that the person going on holiday is getting out of work, while they still slog their guts out.

Yes the fact that you and your wife are making a new life for yourself and getting out of 'the rat race', its annoying them.

Some people get wound up when others decide that what they have is not enough and they want to make improvements on their life.

When I worked as a nurse for a prick of a vet, he upset me so much one day, I stirred his tea with a rectal thermometer. Never told a soul but thoroughly enjoyed watching him drink it.

Look forward Rob and keep your head down. Ignore the comments and whilst your body is in the UK, your dreams and imagination can be in Australia.

If your colleagues cannot be bothered to improve their lives by whatever means, then that is their problem.

This time next year, you will be where you want to be and they will still be in the place that makes them bitter.

Let me know if you need me to stir their tea.

Sam

Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:57 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I have a Beano-esque image of someone sat at a PC with steam coming out of there ears!!!

I have all this to come, jealousy can make people say and do horrible things.

Just make sure to send the regualr postcards once you are in Oz. That should really wind them up!!!
Bix - you were lucky. The same thing happened to my predecesor - asked to leave the same day they resigned. Unfortunately my company ain't on an international scale so my moving to Oz doesn't warrent giving me the heave-ho straight away.

Anastasia - as for sending them postcards - you are absoultely spot on. I've already got random aussie pics as my screensaver just to rub it in.

My wife's reply to my text was also very similar to your response - "just rub it in and laugh in their face!"

Since I started the thread I've also found out that the 'new' (P-reg) company car they've given me today in place of my 'old' (03-reg) won't start!

But don't worry - look - I'm laughing it off...

honest!

Rob
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:04 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

hubby and I getting a mixture of positive and negative responses from our colleagues.. interesting as we draw nearer our finish date...
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

I've got that to come yet, but the lads i work with are good lads.

I'm in a senior position tho, and i can see its going to be hard, needless to say i'm not looking forward to it.

sorry to hear about your situation, but keep in mind the weight you'll feel lifted off your shoulders when you do finally leave.

good luck!

sent you some Karma to karma your nerves

Last edited by leedslad; Mar 1st 2005 at 1:14 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear that you are having a crap time, but then thats small, narrow minded muppets for you, why people can't just be happy for you is beyond me.

Not long now though, bet your counting the days away!!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:15 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear that you are having a crap time, but then thats small, narrow minded muppets for you, why people can't just be happy for you is beyond me.

Not long now though, bet your counting the days away!!
Hi Claire!

This is the first time I've snapped! Had a moan to Sharon and Phil when we popped round at the weekend, but this week has really gone down hill quickly.

Although a slight reprise is that good old Green Flag has got the car started!

Rob!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:18 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

yes....

you guessed it........

PRICKS!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
Hi Rob,
I know exactly how both you and Sam feel. Everything was going great at school until someone (and that could only have been the head) told a member of staff that I was leaving. At this point so that I did not have to lie to anyone I cam clean and told them about my plans. Since going back in September things have gone from bad to worse. I'm on my 2nd lot of stress leave as people have made it quite clear that they want my job. I have been in the same school for over 5 1/2 years and suddenly people talk about me as though I'm not there, if I make decisions regarding my class people over rule these, as a subject co-ordinator I have to ask people to do things, apparently this is also not acceptable any more. The final straw was on the first day back when I asked a teacher where some photos on the digital camera had gone. She totally blew a gasket, this teacher by the way is due to be made redundant unless I leave. I decided enough was enough, picked my things up and went back to the doctor. I discussed all the issues with my union who are supporting me all the way as they also feel that I'm being pushed out. I feel really shitty about it but myself and union rep have an appointment with chief advisor for authority this afternoon to report the bullying. Not sure what the outcome will be, all I know is that I can't go on with the way things are; headaches, a dodgy stomach and boils. I'm sick nearly every day before going to school and sometimes I get so upset that I'm sick during the day. No I'm not preggers! Why are these people so small minded? Can't they just be happy for me and wait their turn for my job?
I hope that you Sam and anyone else in this situation will get to your dream so that all the grief can end - remember what goes around comes around. Only thing that is keeping me going at the moment.
Best wishes
Sarah
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:05 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like jealousy on two counts:
1) It's because you're making a new and hopefully better life for yourselves.
2) It's because they've never had or will never have the balls to do something similiar themselves or be bothered about finding out how they could do something similar.
At the moment I've mostly had positive feedback from my work colleagues about my impending move, however the only negative comments or responses have come from the hierarchy, who if truth be told, wouldn't have the courage to leave their own area in Leeds never mind to another country.

Last edited by Carl B; Mar 1st 2005 at 2:08 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

This thread is starting to scare me now!

I haven't even got my visa yet and already i can feel the shift of feelings at work.

I guess it is inevitable that we wil be shunned for thinking outside the box.

I had the same thing when i went travelling after uni. All my life long friends who only went on holiday as far as spain, didn't want anything to do with me, because they couldn't relate.

its a funny old world, or should that be country.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:26 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

yes....

you guessed it........

PRICKS!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
Jealous!! None of this tosh though.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:28 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Everyone calls me possum.... bearable!

My closest colleague has been made redundant by my bosses boss without my boss being consulted, and with the former seemingly unaware that I had already handed in my notice.... eliminating any regret I felt at leaving, and leaving the department extremely short staffed (as my colleague will tell them where to stick it if he's offered his job back (or mine)).

The same bosses boss whislt somewhat p****ed at a do last Friday said as I left for home that 'just because you're moving abroad doesn't mean you have to leave the company!' and quoted the example a colleague who moved to Ireland and had an Irish legal entity of the company set up just for him...... totally confusing me as the company has no 'presence' or strategy towards Australia! (I smiled as I left, completely preplexed by this comment, and resolved to talk to my (now thoroughly demotivated) boss later this week......
Old Mar 1st 2005, 2:31 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Originally Posted by leedslad
This thread is starting to scare me now!

I haven't even got my visa yet and already i can feel the shift of feelings at work.

I guess it is inevitable that we wil be shunned for thinking outside the box.

I had the same thing when i went travelling after uni. All my life long friends who only went on holiday as far as spain, didn't want anything to do with me, because they couldn't relate.

its a funny old world, or should that be country.
Should clarify that not all my colleague are tosspots, and I reckon it is usually the hierarchy that will give you grief. For people on pretty much the same level as you, there won't necessarily be any hard feeling unless they are complete muppets like in Teach's case.

One of the three company directors at my work is supreb - really down to earth and is happy to talk to me about Oz, etc as he has family out there. One of the other bosses is kind of ok but is very set in his ways and reckons that I'm 'getting it out of the system' and will be back in a few months.

The other - he's chief muppet. Trying to windle his way out of some contractual obligations, etc. Some I'm letting go (i.e the company car scenario), others I'll be fighting for.

Their (or his) outlook is that I'm no use to the company anymore because I won't be working hard to benefit him and line his pocket.

But what he hasn't got the intelligence to grasp though is that up to now it's been very amicable and I've bent over backwards to help them (given them about 4 months notice, etc).

If he persists on being a pain then I have some inside information on the company he wouldn't want to be leaked! lol

Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.