Reload this Page >

How do we get the points?

How do we get the points?

Old Feb 8th 2005, 6:50 am
Just Joined

patts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do we get the points?

Hi All,
We have visited Oz a couple of times and decided to try for a permanent visa. My wife is a staff nurse and sent the information for her skills assessment which came back with the ASCO code 2326. You can imagine our disapointment when we realised that this was the only Registered Nurse category which isn't on the Skills in Demand list therefore we don't manage the necessary points for our application. Does anyone out there know of any alternative?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:45 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do we get the points?

Originally Posted by patts
Hi All,
We have visited Oz a couple of times and decided to try for a permanent visa. My wife is a staff nurse and sent the information for her skills assessment which came back with the ASCO code 2326. You can imagine our disapointment when we realised that this was the only Registered Nurse category which isn't on the Skills in Demand list therefore we don't manage the necessary points for our application. Does anyone out there know of any alternative?
Assuming you've looked at the points test online and done your calculations correctly and are including buying the bonus 5 points for a 100k bond your options for skilled independent are limited to the pool if you make it that far . How about a business visa?
I'm a bit out of touch with it all now but an agent would give you a good idea of your options. Do a search as there are a few good ones lurking around here
Good luck