Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do we connect our UK phones to Aus phone sockets?

How do we connect our UK phones to Aus phone sockets?

Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How do we connect our UK phones to Aus phone sockets?

Uk Phones actually work on a different Frequency and will not work on the Australian network. I believe it is actually illegal to try because they could interfere with Emergency services Etc Etc. Some have been known to open garage doors (the motorized ones). Buy an Australian Phone, they are not expensive.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mad.chef
would this be the case all over oz?? are they all RJ11 for the phone ? got them cables but for the pc network
thanks Dave
no i use rj45 network cable from my modem to pc . That one goes from my phone spliter for broadband then to my modem looks like that will be ok for my pc
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hello

Our UK telephones have standard UK phone plugs like this -

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ephonePlug.jpg

However in our rental the phone sockets are RJ11 like this -

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...--Bee/RJ11.jpg

Does anyone know if we can buy adapters or anything, or will we have to buy new phones?

Thanks

Buzzy
I bought an adaptor on the internet from Maplin and my UK Panasonic Dect phones work fine using it.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:06 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

My philips dects are fine too, so is my speedtouch 585 adsl ( you may need to switch auth mode here to PPPoE instead of PPPoA )
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by datamile
My philips dects are fine too, so is my speedtouch 585 adsl ( you may need to switch auth mode here to PPPoE instead of PPPoA )
cool will look into that
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

carolinelaurie is an unknown quantity at this point

i am still in the uk and was not going to take my phones but after reading this its worth a try as they were expensive. I have been to currys and bought a rj11 adapter which looks the same as in the picture on this thread but on the packet it says BT to USA RJ11 does anyone know if its the same???? thank you
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinelaurie
i am still in the uk and was not going to take my phones but after reading this its worth a try as they were expensive. I have been to currys and bought a rj11 adapter which looks the same as in the picture on this thread but on the packet it says BT to USA RJ11 does anyone know if its the same???? thank you
rj 11 is the same the world over.the u.k. is behind the rest of the world in changing to rj11
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

carolinelaurie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
rj 11 is the same the world over.the u.k. is behind the rest of the world in changing to rj11
Thank you i will place in my packing container today. packers arrive in 45 mins!!!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinelaurie
Thank you i will place in my packing container today. packers arrive in 45 mins!!!
45 mins cooooool ararar bet your head is banging
good look
Dave