Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Do I Work Out Wages / Income ?

How Do I Work Out Wages / Income ?

Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Question How Do I Work Out Wages / Income ?

Hi All, Happy New Year !!

Just a quick question I hope somebody can help me with.

I have been looking at houses to rent and to buy on the Sunshine Coast but am finding it difficult to work out how much we can afford.

My hubby is a metal fabricator / welder by trade and I am a buyer for a construction company, here in the UK.

Our combined wages in the UK are £35,000 (not great !) but looking for jobs in Oz in his trade, are coming up about £25,000 - £30,000, which is alot more than here in the UK.

Was anybody on here around that wage in the UK ? and would you be able to give me some idea of what we could borrow mortgage wise ?? Sorry to be nosey, but this would help a great deal. At least we will know what areas to look at.

I know it all depends on wages etc etc, but any help would be great

Thank You

Donna.
x
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:32 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Do I Work Out Wages / Income ?

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01

I have been looking at houses to rent and to buy on the Sunshine Coast but am finding it difficult to work out how much we can afford.

My hubby is a metal fabricator / welder by trade and I am a buyer for a construction company, here in the UK.

Our combined wages in the UK are £35,000 (not great !) but looking for jobs in Oz in his trade, are coming up about £25,000 - £30,000, which is alot more than here in the UK.

Was anybody on here around that wage in the UK ? and would you be able to give me some idea of what we could borrow mortgage wise ?? Sorry to be nosey, but this would help a great deal. At least we will know what areas to look at.

Thank You

Donna.
x
Look at www.ato.gov.au this is the govt tax website and will show you the tax rates for individuals. You do not mention about children but if you do have them check out www.centrelink.com.au as this is the social welfare equivalent and there are certain child benefits paid out - listed as a Type A and Type B.

You need to start thinking in dollars rather than comparison back to £ because income needs to be assessed against tax and outgoings too truly evaluate a move decision.

Good luck
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Look at www.ato.gov.au this is the govt tax website and will show you the tax rates for individuals. You do not mention about children but if you do have them check out www.centrelink.com.au as this is the social welfare equivalent and there are certain child benefits paid out - listed as a Type A and Type B.

You need to start thinking in dollars rather than comparison back to £ because income needs to be assessed against tax and outgoings too truly evaluate a move decision.

Good luck
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I will check out the website.

Oh by the way, no kiddies yet !!

Thanks
Donna.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01

Thank You

Donna.
x
Hi,

Check out this link

http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/