Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do I prove my English ability ?

How do I prove my English ability ?

Old Dec 4th 2003, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do I prove my English ability ?

Can anyone advise:

In the visa application youneed to prove your level of English - written, spoken, etc.

I am born and bread in England.......is my birth cerificate enough ?

Do they need me to write a story ?

Also see they need copies of the applicants passport pages that are not blank...........certified as well.

Has the photo also got to be the exact size........where do you get that done ?

Thanks to you all.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 11:54 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I prove my English ability ?

Originally posted by Olibeneli

I am born and bread in England.......
Just make sure you use the spell checker in the written part, or they might think you aren't as good at english as you actually are .

PS. sorry cant really help with the question, but I cant resist being a smarta*se at times
Old Dec 4th 2003, 11:55 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Can anyone advise:

In the visa application youneed to prove your level of English - written, spoken, etc.

I am born and bread in England.......is my birth cerificate enough ?

Do they need me to write a story ?

Also see they need copies of the applicants passport pages that are not blank...........certified as well.

Has the photo also got to be the exact size........where do you get that done ?

Thanks to you all.
Can't resist......

You could tell them that you're English, born and bred, and they'd be happy with that.....

Or you could tell them you're born and bread, and they'd probably think you were buttered toast!

Sorry Oli - too good an opportunity to miss. No offence!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Just make sure you use the spell checker in the written part, or they might think you aren't as good at english as you actually are .

PS. sorry cant really help with the question, but I cant resist being a smarta*se at times
Wish I had your time to waste pointing out peoples typos...
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:04 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Well, before you get TOO snotty - you WERE asking about demonstrating YOUR english ability.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:36 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

If you weren't English, you would been told to book the first available IELTS test available.

In any case, your post was rather tempting

Peter
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:53 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhhh someone with absolutely no sense of humour & cant see the irony.

Your loss .
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Ahhhhh someone with absolutely no sense of humour & cant see the irony.

Your loss .
I have and can see the irony...........but the crap day I had and at 20 to 1 in the morning UK time I wasn't up for receiving information that didn't help me.

I am well over it now having had 4 hours sleep........

So anyway, how do you prove English ability if you are born and BREAD (deliberate).............

cheers
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:14 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I have and can see the irony...........but the crap day I had and at 20 to 1 in the morning UK time I wasn't up for receiving information that didn't help me.

I am well over it now having had 4 hours sleep........

So anyway, how do you prove English ability if you are born and BREAD (deliberate).............

cheers

hi olibeneli,
If you look here
http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/migration_general/01.htm#8
this is the link to the faq on the DIMIA website regarding english language ability.
the website also has a special section for nurses now! Has your wife had a look at that?

sue
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hi olibeneli,
If you look here
this is the link to the faq on the DIMIA website regarding english language ability.
the website also has a special section for nurses now! Has your wife had a look at that?

sue
Cheers.....I'll take a look.

PS......how old are your twins....ours are 7 in March and their elder brother is just gone 8.............we had all 3 in nappies for a year..............let me tell you sometime the fun day I changed 9 nappies between 6 am and 8am before I went to work.......wife having already left for work as a nurse............argh.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

hi olibeneli,
If you look here

sue
The website said this:
Before you apply, you are encouraged to obtain proof of your English language ability by one of the following methods:

1. provide evidence that you are a native English speaker; or
2. undertake an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.

So in that case, what evidence is acceptable to show I am a native English speaker ?

thanks
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:39 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

The website said this:
Before you apply, you are encouraged to obtain proof of your English language ability by one of the following methods:

So in that case, what evidence is acceptable to show I am a native English speaker ?

thanks

The main application form (47sk) asks if you have at least vocational english - as you have to provide transcripts/copies of training etc you are proving your command of english as a native speaker.
Anyone else do anything differently?

sue
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:40 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

The website said this:

thanks
hi there,

i don't think it'll be much help, however i didn't supply anything apart from the usual copy of birth certificate and passport. My agent said it would be enough.

Just on another note, you have to excuse these guys, give them half a reason to take the piss and they will jump at it. usually i'm just as bad, but not as fast in this case! (sorry)

Good luck with your app.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:42 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

The main application form (47sk) asks if you have at least vocational english - as you have to provide transcripts/copies of training etc you are proving your command of english as a native speaker.
Anyone else do anything differently?

sue

... and i didn't have any certificates to send either! Now i'm worried! lol
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:58 am

Originally posted by scutterUK
... and i didn't have any certificates to send either! Now i'm worried! lol

must be your charm, wit and dashing good looks they are going on then?

lol!!!

sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.