Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do I decide where to live?

How do I decide where to live?

Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:45 pm
Surfingwoozy

surfingwoozy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I decide where to live?

My wife and I are looking to move to the Brisbane area later this year but are struggling to find out a single source of information about the suburbs in Brisbane and the local towns (up to about an hours drive away).

Can anybody help point us int he right direction?

Many Thanks.

Mr & Mrs Surfingwoozy
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I decide where to live?

Originally Posted by surfingwoozy
My wife and I are looking to move to the Brisbane area later this year but are struggling to find out a single source of information about the suburbs in Brisbane and the local towns (up to about an hours drive away).

Many Thanks.

Mr & Mrs Surfingwoozy
Hi, try ourbrisbane.co.au
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

my sis lives in thornlands lovely area, we r looking at going near but not far.Take a look on google soom in and scan areas near beaches etc take a look on real estate.au and find your price range . then start finding out about schools,work,beaches,train stations,etc anything of importance to you.may help good luck.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 3:39 am

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,
We are moving to Brisbane in a couple of months and ourbrisbane.com is my bible!Loads of info on suburbs,upcoming events,cars,houses,weather etc,etc!
We have also hired a relocation agent to help us out too.
Andy
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sorry to but in on your thread, but could you tell me a little about the relocation agents, what they do how much they csot etc.

Cheers.

Emma
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:37 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hello,
We found a relocation agent via this website.We have 2 little children and have never been to Oz before and I need to start work about 3 weeks after we arrive.
I was totally stressed about the prospect of driving around searching suburbs with the two kids in the heat!
My agent is costing about £500 and we gave her a list of our requirements.things like distance from work,schools,budget,leisure facilities etc.She then does a suburb search,visits schools,kindys,sources local resources etc.She sends photos and her feelings about an area.When we arrive we will be picked up from the airport and taken to tempory accomodation.There is a food package and essentails for the kids.We have a guided suburb tour and they will accompany us to house viewings,help buy a car and arrange visits to schools.She is also helping with tax numbers etc.The list goes on and is tailor made for us.
I know this can be done ourselves but i want to enjoy our first view weeks and it will be great to have someone on hand to give us advice.I know it is alot of money and we dont have very much but, for us ,it is worth every penny.
hope this helps
Andy
Old Jan 31st 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy, that sounds fantastic - would you be able to pm me their details? Thanks in advance. Emma
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emmakc1977
Andy, that sounds fantastic - would you be able to pm me their details? Thanks in advance. Emma
Me too please
Old Feb 1st 2007, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marvinc
Me too please
You could try Gold Coast Smile

www.goldcoastsmile.com
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:56 am

I did try Gold coast smile and they seemed fantastic but they recommended One Step Move as we specifically needed to move to Brisbane.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:51 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
I did try Gold coast smile and they seemed fantastic but they recommended One Step Move as we specifically needed to move to Brisbane.
Hi there
Just thought i would let you know that we are expanding and can now assist with Brisbane. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Claire
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Give this dude an email, tell him what you are looking for and why and he will be able to find you details of houses and areas.

He is a top bloke and not like most real estate agents.

Mr David Tyler

[email protected]
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:35 pm

Cool Re: How do I decide where to live?

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi there
Just thought i would let you know that we are expanding and can now assist with Brisbane. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Claire
Hiya Claire,
It is a shame we missed out on your help but Donna from one step move has been brill.Thank you so much for recommending them.Good luck with the expansion!
Andy
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

Originally Posted by surfingwoozy

Many Thanks.

Mr & Mrs Surfingwoozy

Hi Guys,

Check out this site I thought it was great www.where2live.info
You can purchase books on any area in Oz. Also theres a thread on here called "beautiful one day better the next", read it its very inspiring. Jayne Burke has a relocation business to help expats called Sunrise Relocations, their based in Brisbane.
I hope thats of some help for you.

Good Luck