Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did you feel...

How did you feel...

Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default How did you feel...

.. when you know that leaving was iminent. Since WA have said yes and now we are waiting to hear from DIMA, I've been on a rollercoster and I can't get off of it.

I've been "Over the moon", "down in the dumps", "over-joyed", "feeling sad".
I can't wait to get out to oz, I love it there. I've seen my parents today - they still don't know how much we want to go. they knew we were applying but I think that they have this idea that we're not that serious about it. they have made a huge fuss of the boys (we don't see them very often BTW). And as it's half term the boys have also seen two of their cousins - they are desperate for us to emigrate so that they can come over for holidays .

The boys are up and down, do we have to go, can we go if we get a pool
"What about my friends?" - "Can I take the play-station?"

To be honest I wish we could know ASAP so that we can just get on and tell everyone. Ho-hum just having a downer and there's no chardonnay in the house. Think i might have to go to the offie
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:34 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: How did you feel...

Originally Posted by DebraH
.. when you know that leaving was iminent. Since WA have said yes and now we are waiting to hear from DIMA, I've been on a rollercoster and I can't get off of it.

I can't wait to get out to oz, I love it there. I've seen my parents today - they still don't know how much we want to go. they knew we were applying but I think that they have this idea that we're not that serious about it. they have made a huge fuss of the boys (we don't see them very often BTW). And as it's half term the boys have also seen two of their cousins - they are desperate for us to emigrate so that they can come over for holidays .

To be honest I wish we could know ASAP so that we can just get on and tell everyone. Ho-hum just having a downer and there's no chardonnay in the house. Think i might have to go to the offie
We fly out in 9 weeks, leave our house in 4 weeks to stay with my sis for our last christmas here, but to be honest it's not real yet, suppose it will hit me when I start packing the house up, lol
We told everyone right from when we made the decision to apply and our families have shared all the ups and downs with us.
Good luck with the process
Carole x
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:39 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DebraH

awww poor you in limbo! Your kids sounds like my husband!

Think I'll join you down the offie!

Ere...have some karma too!

Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshie
awww poor you in limbo! Your kids sounds like my husband!

Think I'll join you down the offie!

Ere...have some karma too!

thank you -feeling more positive today - didn't get to the offie either
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:27 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Its a Bottle Shop !! lol

and yep its hard work, getting into gear and trying to balance a level head aswell... good luck Steve n Debs
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:42 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know exactly how you feel. Some days I'm up about it, some days I'm down. I have noticed there's a lot more up days lately though

We're still in the early stages gathering TRA info, but I've told everyone what we're doing. I know my friends just aren't really accepting it, they think it's just going to go away and we won't go through with it, but my in-laws are really supportive, although devastated at the same time. They're really encouraging us to go for it.

When I see the monkey boy laughing and playing with his nan and grandad though it kills me to think I'm separating them. Then I have to really pull myself together and think 'why' I'm doing this and then I feel better

Good luck to you anyway, I hope you get the news you want soon. You're bound to be up and down about it, it's only natural - it's a huge thing we're doing.

Kath xx
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

It still doesn't feel real to me.

We got our visas in April this year and stuggled to sell our house. Finally (I say finally, because when you are selling it just seems like for ages), my B-i-L offered and last week all our possessions got boxed up and taken away by Excess Baggage. This week the house is full of my B-i-L's furniture. So the house seems a bit strange. However, with all this going on, I just feel numb, I do get excited thinking about meeting all the new people we have met through BE and from our visit to Oz last year. But that doesn't seem to last.

The house is so close to completion that we can feel it, but still a bit too far for me to hand my notice in at work, however, Kev has today taken his letter of resignation in. :scared:

The kids seem excited about the move. But, it all got too much for our 16 year old daughter last week when the shippers were here. I think it hit her like a brick wall. She settled down when the house was completely empty and then the second brick wall hit when her uncle's effects arrived.

It is strange that such a big move like this doesn't have much of an impact on me at the moment. But I am sure that once the talk at work heats up when I hand my notice in and we plan our going away party I will hit that brick wall !

Anyhow, exciting times for all of us.

Wishing everyone ready for the off the very best of luck

Hazel
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:52 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
It still doesn't feel real to me.

We got our visas in April this year and stuggled to sell our house. Finally (I say finally, because when you are selling it just seems like for ages), my B-i-L offered and last week all our possessions got boxed up and taken away by Excess Baggage. This week the house is full of my B-i-L's furniture. So the house seems a bit strange. However, with all this going on, I just feel numb, I do get excited thinking about meeting all the new people we have met through BE and from our visit to Oz last year. But that doesn't seem to last.

The house is so close to completion that we can feel it, but still a bit too far for me to hand my notice in at work, however, Kev has today taken his letter of resignation in. :scared:

The kids seem excited about the move. But, it all got too much for our 16 year old daughter last week when the shippers were here. I think it hit her like a brick wall. She settled down when the house was completely empty and then the second brick wall hit when her uncle's effects arrived.

It is strange that such a big move like this doesn't have much of an impact on me at the moment. But I am sure that once the talk at work heats up when I hand my notice in and we plan our going away party I will hit that brick wall !

Anyhow, exciting times for all of us.

Wishing everyone ready for the off the very best of luck

Hazel
Great news you sold your house, it seems no-one is buing right now!!!! Hope all goes well for your hubby today.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Im seriously starting to sh*t myself before it was like something thats happening at some point, but the months have flown by and my last day of work is feb 17th. We still have loads to do and it is suddenly becoming very real. I cant beleive im going to leave everyone and everything behind, its so scary yet exhilerating at the same time. Im hugely excited but very stressed at them moment and its hard cos i cant talk to my friends and fam about is cos they get upset

Oh well it will all be worth it when we get there.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 9:01 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Im seriously starting to sh*t myself before it was like something thats happening at some point, but the months have flown by and my last day of work is feb 17th. We still have loads to do and it is suddenly becoming very real. I cant beleive im going to leave everyone and everything behind, its so scary yet exhilerating at the same time. Im hugely excited but very stressed at them moment and its hard cos i cant talk to my friends and fam about is cos they get upset

Oh well it will all be worth it when we get there.
Oh gosh, must be well stressful being so close. It must be so hard too not being able to share your feelings with your friends in case they get upset, mind you maybe you'll all feel better if you get together for a girls night and talk about it, everyone's bound to get upset - plenty of kleenex and wine that's what I say. A problem shared and all that.

I'll send you some karma anyway to help soothe the stress

Kath x
Old Oct 28th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clippies
Oh gosh, must be well stressful being so close. It must be so hard too not being able to share your feelings with your friends in case they get upset, mind you maybe you'll all feel better if you get together for a girls night and talk about it, everyone's bound to get upset - plenty of kleenex and wine that's what I say. A problem shared and all that.

I'll send you some karma anyway to help soothe the stress

Kath x
Ahh thanks Kath, the last time we all went out that happened everyone got all upset, esp my best friend so I think its best not to say anything for a while.

I have no doubts that I will be homesick for a while but hey ho I'm sure I will make new friends and my best mate is planning on spending year in aus with us once were settled so that will be nice.

I keep waking up in the night remembering things that needs to be done.

Laura x