Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how did you decide where to settle?

Wikiposts

how did you decide where to settle?

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:14 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: how did you decide where to settle?

Originally Posted by rich8509
Some great advice, many thanks. We are all out going and really enjoy the sporty side of life. Were hoping that through the school and sports clubs(rugby) we will be excepted into the community.
Such varied views on the different places and i don't know why but i am getting the need to have a indepth look around Melbourne and surrounding area's.
Once again thanks.
We are also poking around Melbourne - if you want to compare notes please pm me.

Cheers

Buzzy.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:32 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how did you decide where to settle?

Originally Posted by soapy
i drew a circle round our work
that simple
LOL, we did that to, drew a 250k circle around Sydney thinking that was a commutable distance to civilization. WRONG!! May as well be 2500km from civilization. We also painted a metaphorical target on my bare ass and bent over to be taken advantage of at every opportunity. The good news is I’ve washed the target off now and can see them coming well in advance now.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:17 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rich8509
hi all,
were on with our application, searching the net, reading every post, absorbing all the great info and wishing that we have the sun on our faces instead of the frost on the windscreen.

the question i have is how did you decide where to settle? i am very worried that being on holiday and living and working are to completely different things. What are the pros and cons of Bisbane over Perth, Melbourne instead of sydney or even wider NSW versus QLD.

I would be interested in reading your views the ones that live there now and the ones who are on there way.

Thanks in advance
Richard, Claire, Josh and Harriet
Travelled all over Australia over the years. Used first hand experience and a lot of research and came up with Wollongong, South of Sydney.

Good luck
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

rich8509 will become famous soon enoughrich8509 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Welshie
Travelled all over Australia over the years. Used first hand experience and a lot of research and came up with Wollongong, South of Sydney.

Good luck
cheers welshie, and what was it about wollongong that sold it for you?
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:11 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
LOL, we did that to, drew a 250k circle around Sydney thinking that was a commutable distance to civilization. WRONG!! May as well be 2500km from civilization. We also painted a metaphorical target on my bare ass and bent over to be taken advantage of at every opportunity. The good news is I’ve washed the target off now and can see them coming well in advance now.
just noticed this