Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did West Sussex meet go?

How did West Sussex meet go?

Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:45 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default How did West Sussex meet go?

Hiya all you Sussex peeps..

I know you were supposed to all meet up on Saturday just gone and me being a " soon to live in w sussex newbie' thought I would ask how it went or even did it happen??

Come on Kala & Lucy I know you must be getting your addiction for the day in here soon....how'd it go??

Cheers

P
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:30 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

We have postponed it! Kala had a wedding and I had my hubbys 30th beer fest!!!!
Lucy
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:14 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by lucyb
We have postponed it! Kala had a wedding and I had my hubbys 30th beer fest!!!!
Lucy

Yeah Lucy, when are we goin to do it?

Kala
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:25 am

Hi

I guess some time aearly August now? We have weddings galore this month!

Lucy
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:41 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by lucyb
Hi

I guess some time aearly August now? We have weddings galore this month!

Lucy
were off to perth for a wedding on the 14th aug so it will have to be before then

Where have you decided on Pants?

Kala
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

tomtanktop is an unknown quantity at this point

We turned up,
rolleyes:
wondered where everyone was!? so now we know it was postponed, maybe another one soon? as were off early Sept. (fingers crossed).
Cant be this weekend though as weve got a wedding...ours!
Hopefully get to meet some others soon
Tom::
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:15 pm

Oh Tom poor you!!!!

Kala posted last week re postponing! AT least you didnt come from far away! Just about to do a new post re August meet !

Lucy!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:57 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kala
were off to perth for a wedding on the 14th aug so it will have to be before then

Where have you decided on Pants?

Kala
ekkkk Kala

Not sure yet..looking at Haywards Heath, Horsham, Southwater but do you think I can find anywhere for us to rent at mo???NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...all rentals seem to be disappearing very quickly plus we have a dog and cat so that narrows it down a bit also.

Seen lovely detached house in Southwater but no garage...need that for all our furniture we are shipping back.!Just have to keep looking...!!bloody hard when you live other side of the world and these agents say...must look at property soon or else it will be gone, which is fair comment in this market place but I then have to try and get a few mates to go look for me.!!

Will let you know how it goes....

Thanks for asking.

Cheers

P

Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:02 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by Pants
ekkkk Kala

Not sure yet..looking at Haywards Heath, Horsham, Southwater but do you think I can find anywhere for us to rent at mo???NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...all rentals seem to be disappearing very quickly plus we have a dog and cat so that narrows it down a bit also.

Seen lovely detached house in Southwater but no garage...need that for all our furniture we are shipping back.!Just have to keep looking...!!bloody hard when you live other side of the world and these agents say...must look at property soon or else it will be gone, which is fair comment in this market place but I then have to try and get a few mates to go look for me.!!

Will let you know how it goes....

Thanks for asking.

Cheers

P

Oh good luck, I've got a spare room in Scummy Crawley he he.

I hope you find something soon.

Just as a bit of info as I seem to remember you saying that you would be working in London. Horsham is on the slow train line to London and HAywards Heath is on the faster line, Basically if the train stops at Horsham it will stop at evey crappy little sttion between there and London, whereas Haywards Heath is a main station on the London to Brighton Line so you will be on more of an express(if you can call it that) line.

However in my personal opinion Horsham, is nicer than Haywards Heath.

Wishin you some Sussex luck

Kala
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:04 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by tomtanktop
We turned up,
rolleyes:
wondered where everyone was!? so now we know it was postponed, maybe another one soon? as were off early Sept. (fingers crossed).
Cant be this weekend though as weve got a wedding...ours!
Hopefully get to meet some others soon
Tom::

OOOps Sorry, were you really there.

Have a great wedding and hopefull meet up some time in early August

Kala
Old Jul 15th 2004, 2:33 am
Live the moment

Oh good luck, I've got a spare room in Scummy Crawley he he.

I hope you find something soon.

Just as a bit of info as I seem to remember you saying that you would be working in London. Horsham is on the slow train line to London and HAywards Heath is on the faster line, Basically if the train stops at Horsham it will stop at evey crappy little sttion between there and London, whereas Haywards Heath is a main station on the London to Brighton Line so you will be on more of an express(if you can call it that) line.

However in my personal opinion Horsham, is nicer than Haywards Heath.

Wishin you some Sussex luck

Kala
Yep I know Kala..45mins from Haywards heath and over an hour from Horsham...so hubby favours HH...I have seen a few houses in Maidenbower. Making enquires on those....no houses for rent in HH that accept pets and not that many going in Horsham..will keep looking !!

Glad your feeling bit more positive...

Cheers

P
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:17 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Yep I know Kala..45mins from Haywards heath and over an hour from Horsham...so hubby favours HH...I have seen a few houses in Maidenbower. Making enquires on those....no houses for rent in HH that accept pets and not that many going in Horsham..will keep looking !!

Glad your feeling bit more positive...

Cheers

P

MAidenbower usually has loads of places to rent and it is very near 3 bridges station. To be honest as much as I wouldn't want to live there long term as a base for 6 months whilst you are looking for somewhere else it is probably a good bet. As a second to that Pound Hill/ Worth in Crawley are right next to Maidenbower and usually a bit cheaper but in my oppinion nicer (not got the toy town feel that Maidenbower has)

If you wanna ask anything let me know as I grew up in Pound Hill so know it pretty well.

Cheers
Kala
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:33 am
Live the moment

MAidenbower usually has loads of places to rent and it is very near 3 bridges station. To be honest as much as I wouldn't want to live there long term as a base for 6 months whilst you are looking for somewhere else it is probably a good bet. As a second to that Pound Hill/ Worth in Crawley are right next to Maidenbower and usually a bit cheaper but in my oppinion nicer (not got the toy town feel that Maidenbower has)

If you wanna ask anything let me know as I grew up in Pound Hill so know it pretty well.

Cheers
Kala

Thanks Kala will do...yes from what I can recall about Maidenbower I did think then it was a bit toy townish...nice was to put it.!!

Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Thanks Kala will do...yes from what I can recall about Maidenbower I did think then it was a bit toy townish...nice was to put it.!!

OI!! I lived there for nearly 6 years!!! Thanks very much!
Actually, I used to think exactly the same before I moved there. Some friends of ours lived there and driving in past the station, I used to think this looks like toy town, just the way it is all laid out and everything. But then we wanted to live in a new house and they weren't building anywhere else and I have to say once you are living there it is fine. It is better than some areas of Crawley!

Sam
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:39 am
Live the moment

Originally posted by The Thorpes
OI!! I lived there for nearly 6 years!!! Thanks very much!
Actually, I used to think exactly the same before I moved there. Some friends of ours lived there and driving in past the station, I used to think this looks like toy town, just the way it is all laid out and everything. But then we wanted to live in a new house and they weren't building anywhere else and I have to say once you are living there it is fine. It is better than some areas of Crawley!

Sam
Oi Sam Kala said it first....!! telling !!!!

No sorry didn't mean to offend. I am sure it is nice..and yes certainly nicer than some parts of Creepy Crawley....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.