Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How cruel is this?

How cruel is this?

Old Jul 8th 2005, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road
Default How cruel is this?

We were ment to exchange and complete on our house and business sale today. The new owners came round at 12.00 to arrange the hand over details everything was going well, then 2.00 pm came around no news from the solicitor then 3.30pm came round had a phone call from solicitor we started to get excited only to be told that the move was not going ahead as the bank couldn't transfer the money in time.

The house and our shop are spotless everything disinfected e.g. skirting boards, shelves, drains stayed up to the early hours yesterday and got up at 5 this morning to get it all done as well as having to run our shop, we had all our belongings jammed into the trailer and car and we were ready to go back home to be with our parents for a couple of weeks before we go to Perth. So now the move could go ahead on Monday or maybe Tuesday who knows our solicitor dosen't. So now my husband is unloading the car and then we are going to go to the pub have alot to drink have a meal as all the crockery and cutlery went to the tip this morning and then we are sleeping on the floor as I sold our bed this morning and took the mattress to the tip as well. So if you think you had a bad day today think of us because I feel xxxx.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 4:55 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How cruel is this?

book into a nearby\hotel or drive to somewhere nice for the weekend and get p*ssed and itll soon come around.

Youll look back on this and laugh when you are in beautiful oz

alk
Old Jul 8th 2005, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

I wish I could but got to be up for 4.oo am in the morning to do all the newspapers we own the village shop. But you are right in a couple of days we will laugh about it but tonight I am gutted.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 5:00 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for this bad joke.
No news is good news,
sorry
Do you have to do it if its sold?

Is there an argos nr by as they do a blow up mattress for £20, just a thoiught
Old Jul 8th 2005, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theresa, Ian & Tim
We were ment to exchange and complete on our house and business sale today. The new owners came round at 12.00 to arrange the hand over details everything was going well, then 2.00 pm came around no news from the solicitor then 3.30pm came round had a phone call from solicitor we started to get excited only to be told that the move was not going ahead as the bank couldn't transfer the money in time.

The house and our shop are spotless everything disinfected e.g. skirting boards, shelves, drains stayed up to the early hours yesterday and got up at 5 this morning to get it all done as well as having to run our shop, we had all our belongings jammed into the trailer and car and we were ready to go back home to be with our parents for a couple of weeks before we go to Perth. So now the move could go ahead on Monday or maybe Tuesday who knows our solicitor dosen't. So now my husband is unloading the car and then we are going to go to the pub have alot to drink have a meal as all the crockery and cutlery went to the tip this morning and then we are sleeping on the floor as I sold our bed this morning and took the mattress to the tip as well. So if you think you had a bad day today think of us because I feel xxxx.
What a nightmare. Look on the bright side though, you have definitely sold your house/business so it's just a slight delay. I wish I was in the same situation. I haven't even found a buyer yet and I'm due to start my new job on 29th August

Good luck with it all, hope it goes smoothly for you on Monday. Bit of a bugger that it's the weekend (typical). Am sending you some good luck karma. Hope it helps.

Tracey
Old Jul 8th 2005, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theresa, Ian & Tim

Just keep thinking about when you get here it will be worth it.

In the meantime get blind drunk and you wont feel a thing when you have to kip on the floor tonight.

mags
xxx