Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to choose where to live in Oz?

How to choose where to live in Oz?

Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light
Question How to choose where to live in Oz?

I know most of you already over there will say "work", but what if work wasn't an issue?

If you're already in aus, what made you choose your suburb?
If you're going to aus, what do you consider to be your main priorities in choosing a suburb, state or region???

. . . other than work.

Thanks!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:58 pm
Here Today Gone SOON

welshthing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to choose where to live in Oz?

Originally Posted by Coppock
I know most of you already over there will say "work", but what if work wasn't an issue?

If you're going to aus, what do you consider to be your main priorities in choosing a suburb, state or region???

. . . other than work.

Thanks!
Hi we are in the process of applying and one of the reasons we chose our destination was based on the fact that we have some family there and of course there is a city nearby.

Steve
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Hi

Take a look at http://www.livingin-australia.com
It gives profiles on Australian Cities, giving info on lifestyle, houses, climate, crime rate, population, economy etc..
See which one ticks all the boxes for you

Leigh
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by welshthing
Hi we are in the process of applying and one of the reasons we chose our destination was based on the fact that we have some family there and of course there is a city nearby.

Steve
Thanks, what suburb are you going to?

cheers for the web address, i've been on the site before but its been updated a lot since i was last on.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:52 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We chose where we would like to live whilst on our Rekkie in 2005.

I used to live in Oz quite a long time ago so decided it was definitely the East coast for us.

Cheers

Louise
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:11 pm
Kym

Kymus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louise
Hi

We chose where we would like to live whilst on our Rekkie in 2005.

I used to live in Oz quite a long time ago so decided it was definitely the East coast for us.

Cheers

Louise
We were in Oz 3 years ago & have just gone back for a month to pick a place before we move in October & we love the sunshine coast, very differant going to look this time though with eyes to live there but loved it even more, wew thought we would go to Noosa but have deceided on mooloolaba because its only a hour from Brisbane where we have frinds.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kymus
We were in Oz 3 years ago & have just gone back for a month to pick a place before we move in October & we love the sunshine coast, very differant going to look this time though with eyes to live there but loved it even more, wew thought we would go to Noosa but have deceided on mooloolaba because its only a hour from Brisbane where we have frinds.
We loved the sunshine coast too, mooloolaba was lovely, never got as far up as Noosa.

We've decided on Cleveland (or surrounding suburbs) we fell in love with it.

Louise
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:41 pm
Kym

Where is Cleveland? why did you choose here?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kymus
Where is Cleveland? why did you choose here?
Hi

Cleveland is in the "Bayside" Area, east/south east of the city.

When we were there Cleveland and the surrounding areas had such a feel good factor that we all liked.

We are obviously bound by my OH finding work, but this would be our 1st choice.

Louise
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:12 pm
Kym

Originally Posted by louise
Hi

Cleveland is in the "Bayside" Area, east/south east of the city.

When we were there Cleveland and the surrounding areas had such a feel good factor that we all liked.

We are obviously bound by my OH finding work, but this would be our 1st choice.

Louise
cool sounds like as good a reason as any.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

so for the people that decided on a rekkie first, how did you decide what areas to visit? I have family in perth so feel compelled to visit there, but i think gold/sunshine coast would be more to my liking, but the SA has its good points, feel very spoilt with choice sometimes. What makes you decide where to check out in the first place?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

cop3 will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: How to choose where to live in Oz?

so for the people that decided on a rekkie first, how did you decide what areas to visit? I have family in perth so feel compelled to visit there, but i think gold/sunshine coast would be more to my liking, but the SA has its good points, feel very spoilt with choice sometimes. What makes you decide where to check out in the first place?
Wow - thought I was seeing things when I saw your thread - we are also the Coppock family (living near Gainsborough, Lincs) and are hoping to move to Melbourne later this year. My OH has was born in Macclesfield and still has family there now.

In reply to your original question we went on a reccie in 2005 and visited Brisbane area and Melbourne - we loved them both but really felt at home in Melbourne especially along the Great Ocean Road and slightly inland in Ballarat.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:07 pm
Kym

climate & good surf.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We found it easier to rule places out and see what we ended up with. It was very easy in the end and we couldn't be happier with where we are
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:20 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

. . . other than work.

Thanks!
we chose a suburb that we thought would give us best options for getting to where we may end up working (in the city), as it turned out i got a job further out of the city so ended up commuting in the opposite direction to everyone else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.