Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How can i meet new friends??

How can i meet new friends??

Old Mar 18th 2007, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Red_head32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How can i meet new friends??

Hi, im 16 and emmigrating to Australia in August with my parents and my brother, does anyone have any good tips on how to make new friends and what sort of social events there are to do down under? any advice would be much appreciated thanks
Old Mar 18th 2007, 7:25 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can i meet new friends??

Try the Youth Club: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

jodi666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

where abouts in Australia are you moving to? If you are moving to the goldcoast my 17 daughter said she would be happy to show you around as she knows how hard it can be when you first arrive. Let me know. jodi
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Red_head32
Hi, im 16 and emmigrating to Australia in August with my parents and my brother, does anyone have any good tips on how to make new friends and what sort of social events there are to do down under? any advice would be much appreciated thanks
Join a sports club, go rock and roll dancing (my wife has just returned from her weekly boogie...), lots of social stuff even in my backwater of a 'town' ... everything from crafts to music appreciation (my wife also tried to learn the mandolin ... she's stopped now, thank God) to trivia evenings.

The Aussies are a friendly lot generally.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Have a look on the youth club forum here. Will you be going to school or college when you get there? If so I'm sure you'll meet friends there. Otherwise if you are working you'll meet people and there are lots of clubs and things you could look into.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TeresaG
Have a look on the youth club forum here. Will you be going to school or college when you get there? If so I'm sure you'll meet friends there. Otherwise if you are working you'll meet people and there are lots of clubs and things you could look into.
Rock and roll dancing ! - what age are you?? Sorry it just made me laugh.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Red_head32 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys thnx for all the advice so far, some has been helpful but er 'rock and roll dancing'?? lol no im sure its good fun lol i thinkk we're moving to adelaide but my parents are considering perth. Our house is going on the market at the end of the month and im soo excited coz its a step closer 2 moving out there!! anyway what is the nightlife out there and also how old do u have 2 be 2 drink alcohol??
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:22 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

hi guys thnx for all the advice so far, some has been helpful but er 'rock and roll dancing'?? lol no im sure its good fun lol i thinkk we're moving to adelaide but my parents are considering perth. Our house is going on the market at the end of the month and im soo excited coz its a step closer 2 moving out there!! anyway what is the nightlife out there and also how old do u have 2 be 2 drink alcohol??
Red Head,
If you get ICQ a chat service like msn on the net you can search for people your own age and also with intrest like yourself on the net.
I know it sounds sad but this is how I met my wife I was bored and just searched for women in NSW who was into Motorcycles. Got chatting and over months and months realised we had so much in common, I changed my plans for my trip I had allready planned. And went to meet her.That was 2002 We both fell in love and got closer we visted each other in Aus and UK then on 8th October 2004 got married in Australia. My wife came back to UK and we have lived here since but now moving back to Australia in November!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, you'll meet heeps of people if you go to school. Our son is 17 and he now has more friends here than he did in the UK. We've only been here since October. You'll be fine :-))
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:36 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Loiner
Rock and roll dancing ! - what age are you?? Sorry it just made me laugh.
Old enough to be able to quote the right post and old enough to be able to not give a stuff about what other people think about my wife's pursuits.

What do you do on a Friday, chuck down Class As and listen to shit music all night?

Mwhahahahaha!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:37 am
Account Closed

OK, an alternative, go to a crap bar, get hammered and get pregnant ... more your scene?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:38 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Old enough to be able to quote the right post and old enough to be able to not give a stuff about what other people think about my wife's pursuits.

What do you do on a Friday, chuck down Class As and listen to shit music all night?

Mwhahahahaha!
...............and rock and roll is the new black

Glad your wifes got a social life, it can be hard when you've got a small child !
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
...............and rock and roll is the new black

Glad your wifes got a social life, it can be hard when you've got a small child !
Indeed so.

Not only does she go Rock And Roll Dancing but she does it with the Mother In Law ... which kills two birds with one stone ... well, not actually kills them but keeps 'em otherwise occupied ...

AND 'sadder' still, I have to tape 'Dancing With The Stars' while they are doing it so they can watch it during the week.

What do I get out of this? Two nights of peace and quiet
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
OK, an alternative, go to a crap bar, get hammered and get pregnant ... more your scene?
Your a piece of work

Can you remember when you were 16, I know I can and it included all of your suggestions, except the preggers bit.
It was great

Rock and roll dancing, really, she is only 16, what did you expect
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The S's
Your a piece of work

Can you remember when you were 16, I know I can and it included all of your suggestions, except the preggers bit.
It was great

Rock and roll dancing, really, she is only 16, what did you expect
I AM a piece of work, a fine piece of work.

Can't remember when I was 16, too drunk.

As a matter of fact there were some girls her age enjoying then RnR the other week according to my wife ... makes a change from the other feral kids in the neighbourhood busy hanging around street corners getting drunk and knocked-up.

Maybe "any advice would be much appreciated thanks" should be changed to "any advice other than rock and roll dancing much appeciated thanks" ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.