Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How about a Perth meet-up ???

View Poll Results: We will be arriving in Perth .....
1st -15th July
6.45%
16th - 31st July
6.45%
1st -15th August
12.90%
16th - 31st August
6.45%
1st -15th September
9.68%
16th - 30th September
16.13%
October or Later
16.13%
already here
25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

How about a Perth meet-up ???

Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:12 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default How about a Perth meet-up ???

There seems to be quite a few newbies arrived in Perth over the last 3-4 months with more on the way, so I'm thinking we should be starting to think about somehow organising a perth meet-up.

I've put a poll up for arrival dates for the folk still to come, so we know when to organise it for.

Or should we have one now and one later ?

Also does anybody have any suggestions of good places to meet-up ?

I think the last one was at Kings Park, but the weather is a bit wet for that at the moment, so alternative suggestions please.

Also comments about should it be a daytime thing with kids or more an adult / evening thing ?
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:44 pm
maggy

Im up for it

just name the place

I went to neil Hawkins Park last week and was blown away with wild Kangaroos understandably it may be a bit cold to meet up there.

lets see what other people suggest.

Im looking forward to it

Its good to have outings like these as it gives new arrivals a chance to meet up.Me being one of them.

mags

Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:51 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by maggy
Im up for it

just name the place

I went to neil Hawkins Park last week and was blown away with wild Kangaroos understandably it may be a bit cold to meet up there.

lets see what other people suggest.

Im looking forward to it

Its good to have outings like these as it gives new arrivals a chance to meet up.Me being one of them.

mags

Did the Roos understand the Scottish accent Maggy?
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:56 pm
Go Banana's !!

Would love to meet up, but I'm affraid I can't think about it until I am there!!! too much to think about as we fly in exactly TWO WEEKS:scared: and about to change estate agents, which should be good for a laugh NOT

When me 'eads stopped spinnin I'll let you know !!

Jill

Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:57 pm
maggy

Originally posted by Bordy
Did the Roos understand the Scottish accent Maggy?

They certainly did.

I was even gonna give them a wee bit of haggis but they were too bloody busy eating the grass.

Bet if i had offered them a wee G and T they would have come over.

U bloody cheeky bugger lol

Hey when us scots are minced we understand any language even the ROO TALK lol

xxxxxxxxxx

Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

we would love to come to a meet, anytime after end of September. Why not have one before if people are interested. Seems a great idea to share ideas, experiences and have a laugh.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:06 pm
maggy

had to add this bordy

no piss taking ok lol

I was reading the post i just put up and i was blooming well speaking out loud as i typed.

I was only bloody speaking in an ozzie accent.

Iv only been here 3 weeks and have struggled to type in SCOTS lanuage.

WHATS HAPPENING TO ME

Haggis haggis haggis haggis

oh well aint gonna forget that word lol

Mags
xxxxxxxxx

Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:09 pm
maggy

Dinae take the mince pal.

woopeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Im still a Scot

But would rather be an ozzie

Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Will hopefully, be there by mid to late August, as long as I can SELL THE BL**DY HOUSE by then !!

We'd love to meet up when we get over there, and would prefer somewhere where we can bring the brood with us , as I'm sure there will be plenty of us with young-uns who would like to meet up as well!
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:29 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by maggy
Dinae take the mince pal.

woopeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Im still a Scot

But would rather be an ozzie
I know how you feel. Left Bonnie Scotland in 99 for Melbourne & never been back. Will visit one day but really settled in Oz now.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 7:05 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future
Default Re: How about a Perth meet-up ???

Hi Mairi,

Excellent idea! We'll be arriving on the 1st of September but will be ready for a party any time after that!!! It's only the two of us so daytime or evening will suit.

I know we'll have lots to do but I'm sure a day's break will be very welcome!!

Sunchaser
Old Jun 29th 2004, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point

would love to have a meet up with you all,we arrive on the 12th september in perth,staying at duncraig

please keep me in touch with a meeting date

cheers
Old Jun 29th 2004, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point

would love to have a meet up with you all,we arrive on the 12th september in perth,staying at duncraig

cheers
Old Jun 29th 2004, 8:33 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by delboy

cheers
Coming to validate on 16th aug, Only ther for 2 weeks and will be spending most of that time in Geraldton friends wedding where Hubby is the MC ( I still dont know what that is but am a little concerned that hubby keeps singing "you cant touch this" by MC Hammer every time I ask) and visiting the family.

Will keep an eye out on this forum and If you are having a get together whilst we are over we'll come and say hi.

Cheers
kala
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:10 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Fingers crossed, (and everything else) we will be there at the end of September. Hoping to fly on 30th Sept. So definately would love to come to a meet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.