475,000 to 680,000, moving into nice house territory
31.19%
675,000 upwards, normally 2nd home territory,
22.94%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Housing how much ?

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing how much ?

Originally Posted by themerlin
I stopped that when they closed half of Brunswick st station

Did the motor bike thing for a while until I decided Russian rulet was a safer then a bike in rush hour traffic.
My OH rides a scooter and has had some hairy experiences! You were right when you said that what takes an hour now may well take 2 in a few years; rush hour traffic has worsened drastically in the time I've been here (7yrs).

We're only 10kms away from CBD and it takes OH 15-20 mins to get into the city by scooter ..... as opposed to an hour by car, train or bus
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

down under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Nothing I'm afraid, I'd have to google it to be sure where it is
thanks anyway
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:00 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
My OH rides a scooter and has had some hairy experiences! You were right when you said that what takes an hour now may well take 2 in a few years; rush hour traffic has worsened drastically in the time I've been here (7yrs).

We're only 10kms away from CBD and it takes OH 15-20 mins to get into the city by scooter ..... as opposed to an hour by car, train or bus
That is really bad, an hour by car to do 10km, I live about the same distance from Perth CBD and that would take about 20to 25 in rush hour, fortunately I work about 2km before I would get to the city and this roughly saves 10mins off the journey.
Train isnt an option for me but I could bus it into the CBD and that would take about 40mins but does tend to go round the houses a bit on route.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:09 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I like 20ks and it takes about 40-50 mins going in, less on my way home. But I take a few short cuts.

Originally Posted by steve99
That is really bad, an hour by car to do 10km, I live about the same distance from Perth CBD and that would take about 20to 25 in rush hour, fortunately I work about 2km before I would get to the city and this roughly saves 10mins off the journey.
Train isnt an option for me but I could bus it into the CBD and that would take about 40mins but does tend to go round the houses a bit on route.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:10 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I was rear ended and had my bike written off :curse:

Originally Posted by rabsody
My OH rides a scooter and has had some hairy experiences!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

We have just bought in Adelaide. And have been following the property market here for the last 6mths. It has just gone up and up
We were out bid on 3 property's before we managed to secure this one.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
yeah, it's rubbish, but western suburbs are notoriously bad in brisbane. bus can take over an hour, particuarly since the mayor stopped the T3/bus lane on the main artery into the city ... to free it up for cars. of course everyone thought this was great, stopped catching the bus and started driving (not surprising really as it added about 20 mins to the bus journey) which has just made the traffic worse in the long run.

thank god i don't have to do the commute anymore
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by themerlin
I was rear ended and had my bike written off :curse:
sorry to hear that. OH has a particular loathing for four wheel drives.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
To reduce the Mortgage to around 300,000 Aud, Which I reckon takes about 100,000 Aud of income to have any sort of Viable life, They would have to be bringing into Aussie Circa 165,000 quid, Thats a lot of capitol gain for the averaged age migrant of around 34 years old. 165,000 quid capitol gain, over say 10 years assuming they bought at age 24, is a hell of a lot of a property gain.

Plus people with an income of 150,000 Aud upwards, would surely for the most part be white collar workers, and coming to what is allegedly a far more restrictive employment market for people in the white collar arena. Like I say I'm dead surpsied. Moreso that people that expect to earn that income would want to come to Aussie where job and career prospects would be much worse ?

I must be assuming too much lol !

Ahh just figured maybe a lot are business owners. Now thats a subject for another thread.
We bought a house for £44,000 and sold it 18 months later for £95,000. All we did was put in a new kitchen (£4000 from B&Q) and painted every room.

My OH's mate at work came out here from just outside London 6 months ago, and they had made £200,000 on their house in just over three years. That's a lot of equity he had for a house here.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
We bought a house for £44,000 and sold it 18 months later for £95,000. All we did was put in a new kitchen (£4000 from B&Q) and painted every room.

My OH's mate at work came out here from just outside London 6 months ago, and they had made £200,000 on their house in just over three years. That's a lot of equity he had for a house here.

Thats a hell of a lot of equity, I must say. Unless it cost a million quid to start off with lol ! However I doubt that. I was also under the impression that most of the first 5 years of a mortgage were more or less interest payments only, with hardly any inroads into the equity.

When I look at where I used to live growing up in South London, in the liveable suburb of Forest Hill, you can get 3 bed houses there for about 300,000 quid, (about 8 miles out from central london) I've based my assumptions on what I'm familiar with, its had an equity growth of about 40 pct in the past 10 years.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a hell of a lot of equity, I must say. Unless it cost a million quid to start off with lol ! However I doubt that. I was also under the impression that most of the first 5 years of a mortgage were more or less interest payments only, with hardly any inroads into the equity.

When I look at where I used to live growing up in South London, in the liveable suburb of Forest Hill, you can get 3 bed houses there for about 300,000 quid, (about 8 miles out from central london) I've based my assumptions on what I'm familiar with, its had an equity growth of about 40 pct in the past 10 years.

I don't know how much his house cost - I didn't ask (although I might do now!) Of course he could also have been bullshitting
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:25 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

We used to live in Beckenham/Bromley so not far from you at all....how long you been here? Probably couldnt afford a house outright back there now though.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shortlets
We used to live in Beckenham/Bromley so not far from you at all....how long you been here? Probably couldnt afford a house outright back there now though.
I lived in Forest Hill with my Parents until they moved to Mkeynes, (big mistake from a housing value point of view). Commuted for a while back to the City, then moved back to a share in South Norwood, finally ending up with my own rental place in Central Peckham, now living in Peckham was errrm Stimulating Lol

Been here 27 years plus now, Would love to end up with enough money upon retirement to spend time in the Northern Hemp Summer each year. Great place come from, for coping with lifes hurdles is Sarf London.

Feel similar to you, couldnt afford what I wanted or equal to here, back from whence I came.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Further comparison of Two Cities London and Melbourne....

A house very close to me, will probably fetch Aud 520,000 I would guess, definitely over 500,000 as the place has been swarming with people.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1193129733

2 bedrooms, on a very small block.

Whereas Forest Hill London, a much nicer property by the looks of things, 3 beds. I realise it's at least Aud 250,000 dearer, but nicer than the place up the road from me. Most importantly Londons average city wage is a lot higher than Melbournes.

http://www.findaproperty.com/display...&agentid=12375
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Further comparison of Two Cities London and Melbourne....

A house very close to me, will probably fetch Aud 520,000 I would guess, definitely over 500,000 as the place has been swarming with people.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1193129733

2 bedrooms, on a very small block.

Whereas Forest Hill London, a much nicer property by the looks of things, 3 beds. I realise it's at least Aud 250,000 dearer, but nicer than the place up the road from me. Most importantly Londons average city wage is a lot higher than Melbournes.

http://www.findaproperty.com/display...&agentid=12375
The Forest Hill property you've shown is in a place just outside of Oxford. http://www.findaproperty.com/mappopu...t=0&pid=725647

My experience on a recent trip to the UK is that you're looking at twice the price for a comparative area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.