475,000 to 680,000, moving into nice house territory
    31.19%
    675,000 upwards, normally 2nd home territory,
    22.94%
    Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Housing how much ?

Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:11 pm
    BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
    Default Re: Housing how much ?

Originally Posted by on a mission

call me thick or whatever just not that llucky or smart, but happy enough I aint committed to $4k a month mortgage.

I think your mad by the way who ever that poster is.
    OMG that is a scary mortgage...

We had £100,000 equity which basically covered everything when we arrived, cars, rent, the lot. Our mortgage is slightly smaller than our UK one, UK £50,000, Aus $90,000 (approx £38K) but is big enough!!!

If we came now with the same money we'd have a much bigger mortgage as prices have gone up since we arrived.

I guess you are right, a lot of it is luck, right place, right time and all that....
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:15 pm
    Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Wow stamp duty in Vic is shocking , anyone move in that state!

Originally Posted by Wendy
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:17 pm
    Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
    Apologies for not putting in the more affordable options that you and Vin have managed. Bonus for you and Vin, will be more spending money to enjoy the lifestyle that we have here.

Someone on another thread said they wanted to move to Brighton here in Victoria. I explored this, and worked out you would need a 200,000 dollar a year income, to afford the median price of circa 1.3 mill that suburb gains. I doubt even if our high earning and hardworking Northshore regular BBSer came in at that level..
    That income is not unusal in Perth OE.
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:23 pm
    BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

dont get me wrong , i have made and spent from my equity, maybe thats the thick part...

but i am young enough to still get going, just like everyone, cutting the cloth accordingly is what is needed, done all the material things and wanting things straight away on the ol CC.

I think there is a conpsiracy between the governemtns and finanical institutions to trap people in a circle of debt.... that way you got 8-20% interest on every working class person guaranteed for the next 25 years.....

just my theory sorry, but I dont see schools educating teenagers on smarter ways of money making and saving.

Originally Posted by bridie
    OMG that is a scary mortgage...

We had £100,000 equity which basically covered everything when we arrived, cars, rent, the lot. Our mortgage is slightly smaller than our UK one, UK £50,000, Aus $90,000 (approx £38K) but is big enough!!!

If we came now with the same money we'd have a much bigger mortgage as prices have gone up since we arrived.

I guess you are right, a lot of it is luck, right place, right time and all that....
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:32 pm
    BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
    Wow stamp duty in Vic is shocking , anyone move in that state!
    No - no one moves! The only time a property comes up for sale in this area is when someone dies....

The particulars always say "first time offered for sale in 50 years!"
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:50 pm
    Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
    That income is not unusal in Perth OE.

I fully accept that, particuarly in the Mining industry. In fact a freind of mine a building foreman that hails from WA is finally moving back there, convinced that the boom will be long term. (he just finished supervising the main buildings along the new Eastern freeway here... and has been reluctant to move) His missus isn't quite as pleased though, insisting they dont sell their house here. Her main reason, not being taken seriously In WA, after having her all female handyman business thrive here in inner city Melbourne..... Shes lived there for quite a while before.

Thats besides the point though eh
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:52 pm
    Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Another lucky one (depending on how you look at things) 350 - 475 for a fairly non descript house with nothing done to it for 15 years except decay in a "highly sought after street" in a stunning area. No idea of worth now but I know we would have struggled to get anything half as good for the same money now.
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:02 pm
    Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I fully accept that, particuarly in the Mining industry. In fact a freind of mine a building foreman that hails from WA is finally moving back there, convinced that the boom will be long term. (he just finished supervising the main buildings along the new Eastern freeway here... and has been reluctant to move) His missus isn't quite as pleased though, insisting they dont sell their house here. Her main reason, not being taken seriously In WA, after having her all female handyman business thrive here in inner city Melbourne..... Shes lived there for quite a while before.

Thats besides the point though eh
    It will be long term. The CEO of Rio Tinto says it should no longer be called a 'boom', rather a 'permanent realignment'. Salaries in resources are heading off the scale - whether that's a good thing long term is debatable.
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:06 pm
    Just Joined

ABuzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Housing seems to be constantly increasing here in Brisbane. I don't know whether to advise jump in now, or rent for a few months and have a good look around.

I can't see it plummeting, but then I know some would argue it has to.

Prices certainly seem high for what you get.
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:14 pm
    BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

Were looking to move to QLd soon, and surely the prices can't keep on rising. It's not only not good for us, but what about first time buyers and young people. Salaries staying the same, but every other thing sky rocketing.
    Think that they should put the FTB grant up to 70K.
    Should help alot LOL!!!

Were coming over with $150K, but looking to buy a business first and rent for a yr or 2, and then consider buying.
    Stuff the house, moving there cause it's becoming a problem here to get on the housing ladder here in belgium.
    thinking about setting up a business in Mt woop woop.
    must be able to pick up a stable there for less than $200k
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:20 pm
    Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
    Were looking to move to QLd soon, and surely the prices can't keep on rising. It's not only not good for us, but what about first time buyers and young people. Salaries staying the same, but every other thing sky rocketing.
    Think that they should put the FTB grant up to 70K.
    Should help alot LOL!!!

Were coming over with $150K, but looking to buy a business first and rent for a yr or 2, and then consider buying.
    Stuff the house, moving there cause it's becoming a problem here to get on the housing ladder here in belgium.
    thinking about setting up a business in Mt woop woop.
    must be able to pick up a stable there for less than $200k

Got to admit, I've got no idea as to what is driving the Housing prices so hard over here in the Eastern states, it certainly isn't wage rises.

The poll also suggests that most people migrating are buying houses at a similar cost to what they could be paying in the UK... Have I got that wrong or is that a correct assumption... 475,000 to 680,000 circa 160,000 to 250,000 pounds ?
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:26 pm

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

But I bet the are loads of people starting training in the industry to cash in on the large pay packets, as soon as all these people are qualified wages will fall.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
    It will be long term. The CEO of Rio Tinto says it should no longer be called a 'boom', rather a 'permanent realignment'. Salaries in resources are heading off the scale - whether that's a good thing long term is debatable.
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:26 pm
    Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We sold for around 350 UK and bought for around 450 AU but acreage and 4 x 2 house instead of a 3 x 1 on about 1000 block.
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:27 pm

More people moving to the area then houses being built.

Got to admit, I've got no idea as to what is driving the Housing prices so hard over here in the Eastern states, it certainly isn't wage rises.
    Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:28 pm
    Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Well we are in the process of buying our first home here, we didn`t have a house to sell in UK so we only have a 10% deposit, it`s all a bit terrifying but we`d be the same in UK. The other scarey thing was how much the banks were willing to lend us, we decided to keep to the lower end (though it wasn`t as cheap as I wanted) house prices do seem to be coming down lately though (we got our house for$100,000 less than what it was first put up for in March) talking to estate agents there are not many people buying at the mo in this area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.