Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

house viewings over easter

house viewings over easter

Old Mar 30th 2005, 2:20 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: house viewings over easter

Zero viewings here as well but estate agents said it picks up about now but not busy wth viewings what with it being half term. Contradite thereselves or what. Anyway good luck everyone at least we are all in the same boat. No wonder we are not having luck selling because it seems as though everyone is emigrating..

We have been on the market since Oct and have reduced nearly 40k in total, so please someone buy our house..

Last edited by Pauline; Mar 30th 2005 at 2:23 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 3:16 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scissors
Hi, i was just wondering if the easter holiday was busy for you guys with viewers looking to buy your houses?
I told my agent i still wanted to recieve viewers even though we have had an offer,he tried to tell me that there wouldnt be many peole about over the weekend as they would all be down the coast,and i didnt have any viewers,so iwas wondering how you guys found it,was he making excuses to me,cos he didnt intend sending anyone round?
Did anyone have ant luck over the weekend?

tracey
Hi Tracey,

Sorry to break the mould here, but we've had a fair few viewings, though not totally over Easter. 23 days from 1st March until 23rd March, not a sausage.

Since then we've had about 9 viewings, and have one tonight and one tomorrow. An offer must be just around the corner. Incidentally we did give our agent notice a week ago. Seems like kick up the arse helped. New agent is sneakily sending people round, but obviously we can't accept any offers from them yet.

My thoughts Tracey are that perhaps the agent won't be pushing your house as much as one without an offer. I DO think that agents push some houses and not others. Perhaps some houses sell just on the picture in the paper or in the window, and other need a bit more of a push.

Good luck to all you guys. And hope that your sale goes through swiftly Tracey.

Catch you online later

Take care

Paul
Old Mar 30th 2005, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Born2tri will become famous soon enoughBorn2tri will become famous soon enough

Hi,
I got sent an email with goodkarma attached on Saturday, not a fan of email chains but thought i would give it a go as having no luck with house and really need to sell, all i know is that within 2hrs had 3 viewers for the Sunday, one being a couple who came in November to view but wanted 5 bed's instead of our 4, anyway they all liked it and the couple who came back for 2nd viewing offered us full asking price, and want to exchange within 4wks as cash buyers. So be positive as feel this helped and sure you will all get buyers soon also.

Lisa
Old Mar 30th 2005, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Born2tri
Hi,
I got sent an email with goodkarma attached on Saturday, not a fan of email chains but thought i would give it a go as having no luck with house and really need to sell, all i know is that within 2hrs had 3 viewers for the Sunday, one being a couple who came in November to view but wanted 5 bed's instead of our 4, anyway they all liked it and the couple who came back for 2nd viewing offered us full asking price, and want to exchange within 4wks as cash buyers. So be positive as feel this helped and sure you will all get buyers soon also.

Lisa
wow,masybe you should send that chain letter to some of us,might change our luck

tracey
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:09 pm

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

wow,masybe you should send that chain letter to some of us,might change our luck

tracey
Could do with an exchange in 4 weeks! Wow! That's amazing stuff :-)
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:50 pm
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough

Hi, i was just wondering if the easter holiday was busy for you guys with viewers looking to buy your houses?
I told my agent i still wanted to recieve viewers even though we have had an offer,he tried to tell me that there wouldnt be many peole about over the weekend as they would all be down the coast,and i didnt have any viewers,so iwas wondering how you guys found it,was he making excuses to me,cos he didnt intend sending anyone round?
Did anyone have ant luck over the weekend?

tracey
We didn't have any either...
Old Mar 30th 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Could do with an exchange in 4 weeks! Wow! That's amazing stuff :-)
think you need the chain letter.....

tracey
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by molloymj
We didn't have any either...
hiya babe hope your luck changes soon,let us know as soon as it does

tracey
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:21 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

tracey

We could do with some luck like that send the chain letter on Please.

Good luck anyway all the best
Old Mar 31st 2005, 11:53 am
Living the Dream

RockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by teach
Hi RockHopper,
Please don't take offence by my next comment... ARE YOU MAD!!!! 4k under asking price, take it, take it. We have reduced by 10k so far and were not overpriced in the first place as most are at the moment. If we were in your shoes, we'd jump at the offer, in fact we wouldn't let them out of the house ever again, lol.
Good luck
Sarah
We were in the process of negotiation and yes even though the chain was only short it still managed to collapse, back to stage one, no viewings on the horizon yet, only 6 weeks till we fly. I’m now thinking about taking up religion
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by RockHopper
We were in the process of negotiation and yes even though the chain was only short it still managed to collapse, back to stage one, no viewings on the horizon yet, only 6 weeks till we fly. I’m now thinking about taking up religion
All the best with your viewings and offers, I do hope luck is on your side. We need some luck too. We are looking to be off in the same time scale. We have the viewings but no offers yet. Sigh.!!

All the best

Paul
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Born2tri will become famous soon enoughBorn2tri will become famous soon enough

Hi i have sent a couple of pm's so that i can forward on goodkarma letter hopefully with some luck also, if i have not sent you one and u would like to give it a try then pm me and i will try to send it on, as dont seem to just be able to send it on from here.
We just now need visa to come might send myself the letter again to see if any news on that as March 2004 application and frustrated with whole process!!!! Still at least house hopefully gone now which is a big step further to our new life. Good luck again to all others waiting to sell.

Lisa
Old Mar 31st 2005, 4:14 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

OMG, so sorry to hear that, house buyers are pants. Hopefully another will be just around the corner. Good luck.
Sarah
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sorry to hear about this babe,keep thinking positive i know its hard,maybe your buyers are just around the corner drag em in an make em buy it,lol

karma sent tracey