House viewings

Old May 25th 2003, 6:01 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Question House viewings

Don't you just hate it when the estate agent makes a viewing and then it is cancelled an hour later - or just before they are due to arive - with no reason given?
Old May 25th 2003, 6:24 pm
plumber39

Tell me about it!!! Hopefully 3rd time lucky,had 2 offer,s withdraw for no reason.

Old May 25th 2003, 6:27 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House viewings

Yes, maddening. Thankfully it's only happened to us once so far, but for the most pathetic of reasons. Apparently the viewer drove down our street before the appointment and noticed that there are some ex-local authority houses further down. Our street is now no longer good enough. Still, to look on the bright side, I wouldn't want to inflict someonel like that on our neighbours!

Andy
Originally posted by yafm
Don't you just hate it when the estate agent makes a viewing and then it is cancelled an hour later - or just before they are due to arive - with no reason given?
Old May 25th 2003, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

And always after you just spend ages cleaning.
Old May 25th 2003, 6:44 pm
plumber39

yes it,s annoying keep having to tell the wife to clean the house

Old May 25th 2003, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep

We think it is funny when we get a "drive By"
they drive up very slowly trying to look casual, then they stare at your home and nearly crash their car.!!!
It could be worse, I knock on the neighbours doors and pretend to be interested in their opinion of the area when really Im sussing them out as potenial neighbours. Cheeky but if Im speding loads on a house i dont want to be living next door to wayne and waynetta wannabes.

Cheers BooBoo
(the nosey)
Old May 26th 2003, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes it,s annoying keep having to tell the wife to clean the house
I Must be doing somthing wrong, wife tells me to clean the house.
Old May 26th 2003, 9:42 am
plumber39

You certainly are!!!

Old May 26th 2003, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I am dreading this part, but my friend has said there is something even worse.

They had at least 3 people lie to them saying oh we love the house we are going to put an offer in in the next hour, to no avail.

How upsetting is that, Selling isn't very nice.

I hope to have a day of open viewings or a morning say 9.30 - 11.30 and have 2 plants (my friends) all dressed well and commenting on how nice the place is etc etc in hope to get other people interested.

it's worth a shot.

C x
Old May 26th 2003, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
I Must be doing somthing wrong, wife tells me to clean the house.
Hi Chris

just hide Donna's trousers mate - you'll be Ok then

Old May 29th 2003, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

i had 10 viewings on saturday when my house went on market - (luckily i got a couple of offers and is now sold subject to contract)

i had an appt missed and i noticed a car hanging around at the appointed timne but the reason why they nights not have turned up might have something to do with the teenager next door screaming to a lad further up the cul-de-sac with the winodw wide open!!