Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House "viewer" - Cheeky mare!

House "viewer" - Cheeky mare!

Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:38 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default House "viewer" - Cheeky mare!

My wife rang me to tell me we had our first house viewing on Sunday with a Mrs xxxx at 10.30 and we both got really excited. So I put on my dearstalker hat and did some investigation. Per the BT phone directory on-line there is a Mrs xxxx at number 25 on the next street along. I then found the post code for that address per the Royal mail website.

I also searched the estate agents websites and found a house for sale in that very same postcode. So it looks like she isn't a genuine buyer just a nosey competitor coming round to size up the competition.

Morse has nothing on me!

Ours is on the market for £5k less than theirs and we have a 4th bedroom en-suite loft extension so I reckon we should sell ours first.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:44 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House "viewer" - Cheeky mare!

Originally Posted by worzel
My wife rang me to tell me we had our first house viewing on Sunday with a Mrs xxxx at 10.30 and we both got really excited. So I put on my dearstalker hat and did some investigation. Per the BT phone directory on-line there is a Mrs xxxx at number 25 on the next street along. I then found the post code for that address per the Royal mail website.

I also searched the estate agents websites and found a house for sale in that very same postcode. So it looks like she isn't a genuine buyer just a nosey competitor coming round to size up the competition.

Morse has nothing on me!

Ours is on the market for £5k less than theirs and we have a 4th bedroom en-suite loft extension so I reckon we should sell ours first.

Bloody Hell!!! Now youre starting to scare me!!!!

However, i had never thought of that so thanks for the tips!!

More importantly, i'd love to be a fly on the wall on Sunday!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Can you imagine the look on her face if you turned up the next day to view hers!

Sarah.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sarah & mark
Hi,

Can you imagine the look on her face if you turned up the next day to view hers!

Sarah.

Brilliant!!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:48 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Sarah.

Thats just what you should do!! love to see the look on her face !!

Donna.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:30 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Not necessarily, there is someone on Adbrits who was saying their next door neighbour has put his house up for sale becuase he wants to buy their house.

Maybe she is a genuine buyer? I'd be careful until you know for sure, and if not why not book a viewing round her place once she's been!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:34 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I would put her on the spot when she comes round....saying 'your face looks familiar...don't you live round the corner??'...and watch her squirm!!!

Then if she denies it I'd set up a viewing of hers and take a mate who can pretend to be the one looking so to save you any embarrasment.

Go on!!!!! Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:18 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I did think of that! But as Bridie says it is just possible that she wants to stay in the same area and I would hate to put off a genuine buyer. But I just re-read their advert and it says they already have a 4th bedroom/study so that does look highly unlikely.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:00 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Brilliant!!!
Absolutely.

I would,the cheeky mare.

Her face would be a picture

Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:08 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Bloody cheek if you ask me mate! Some people!

Why not post lots of dog poo through her letter box? Works a treat!

(No don't! :scared: )
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:12 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

If I were you I'd phone the estate agent and ask for some details about the woman, i.e. what position is she in, ready to move straight away, no chain etc? Dont tell them you know all about her to start with but maybe if they're cagey say that you mentioned it to a friend and they know the woman is selling a house through the same agent.

After all, the agent should really be "weeding out" time wasters!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bridiej
If I were you I'd phone the estate agent and ask for some details about the woman, i.e. what position is she in, ready to move straight away, no chain etc? Dont tell them you know all about her to start with but maybe if they're cagey say that you mentioned it to a friend and they know the woman is selling a house through the same agent.

After all, the agent should really be "weeding out" time wasters!

Youre absolutely spot on there Mrs!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:19 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

go knock on her door and say when you come round to view can you make it a bit later,her arse will drop out
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel

Morse has nothing on me!

Make sure you return the favour and turn up on her doorstep with muddy kids in toe! Changing the thread slightly but has anyone come across estate agents that send 'fake' viewers round? We've had it happen a few times now and today I had a go at the agents. What we've found is the agents call us with a viewing and send them round, we obviously clean, tidy, get fresh flowers, get childcare sorted for the kids and duly show them round, only to hear nothing or that it just wasn't for them. Fair enough? I thought so too until I went into another branch of this estate agents 10 miles away and came face to face with one of the viewers, sitting behind her desk, working away! I was furious! I informed the agent and he said just cos some viewers work for them doesn't make them less genuine! Can't wait for the contract to end!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:25 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

quote>Morse has nothing on me! quote>

PMSL

Nothing will stop us going to oz Hee hee hee hee hee hee obsession hee hee hee hee hee obsession

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.