Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House swap QLD and UK

House swap QLD and UK

Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Default House swap QLD and UK

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.
We live on Sunshine coast Qld and we are looking at doing a trip back to the UK around 14 July 2008 until the end of August 2008. We are trying to find if anyone wishes to do a home swap for that period, there must be some coming out on a reccie or to visit family/friends. If anyone is interested please PM or e mail us and we will send more details.

Mandy & Cliff.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Default Re: House swap QLD and UK

Plenty of lookers but no takers I see. I thought I would be inundated with people.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You could try putting it in the classifieds although it's obviously not a selling or buying thing.

Edit: Just had a thunk and wonder if you would have any luck if you put a thread in the Immigration Forum. There may be people there planning their rekkies.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

PursersinOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry can't offer you accommodation but great thread, we want a house swap christmas 2009, I'm sure someone will be up for it but there is a website too www.homeforexchange.com you do have to register but may be worth you while. Paula
Old Dec 10th 2007, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Plenty of lookers but no takers I see. I thought I would be inundated with people.
Well we could be interested but it's a bit far ahead for us to say. Don't give up the idea, just try closer the time perhaps. What part of the UK do you need to be in or is it not important?
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PursersinOz
Sorry can't offer you accommodation but great thread, we want a house swap christmas 2009, I'm sure someone will be up for it but there is a website too www.homeforexchange.com you do have to register but may be worth you while. Paula
Cheers for that Paula, yep on that one and a couple of others but thought I would try here, you never know.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hottroc
Well we could be interested but it's a bit far ahead for us to say. Don't give up the idea, just try closer the time perhaps. What part of the UK do you need to be in or is it not important?
Hi Hottroc, would prefer East Anglia or Kent area but not really important, cheers for asking.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

We live on Sunshine coast Qld and we are looking at doing a trip back to the UK around 14 July 2008 until the end of August 2008. We are trying to find if anyone wishes to do a home swap for that period, there must be some coming out on a reccie or to visit family/friends. If anyone is interested please PM or e mail us and we will send more details.

Mandy & Cliff.
Shall we tell them its a shed on stilts, with an eco friendly 'long drop' dunny, burns bio fuel for the elecy and you've got a staffy bull chained onto the back porch, near your ute, where you crack open bottles of VB with your teeth and Cliff plays the banjo????

Ahhhh just kidding, I thought people would jump at the chance to house swap with you two! (I can confirm both are clean and fairly sane).
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glittababe
Shall we tell them its a shed on stilts, with an eco friendly 'long drop' dunny, burns bio fuel for the elecy and you've got a staffy bull chained onto the back porch, near your ute, where you crack open bottles of VB with your teeth and Cliff plays the banjo????

Ahhhh just kidding, I thought people would jump at the chance to house swap with you two! (I can confirm both are clean and fairly sane).
Annie Annie Annie, oh dear......... Don`t go putting them off luv..... Sane off course...... How are you? Sorry couldn`t really talk properly last night.... Tell us everything went ok.... You better be on a day off today or else I shall drive up there and kick your.............. Mandy
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Annie Annie Annie, oh dear......... Don`t go putting them off luv..... Sane off course...... How are you? Sorry couldn`t really talk properly last night.... Tell us everything went ok.... You better be on a day off today or else I shall drive up there and kick your.............. Mandy
yep I took the day off! Could tell colleagues weren't impressed! Ah who cares! MRI went ok I think, driving to buderim in an hour to find out. Its a bizarre experience, total sensory deprivation! They blind fold you, strap you down and put on ear defenders - any other time I might have actually enjoyed it! As its a strong magnet, had to remove all my body piercings (that took half an hour). It took around 20mins and sounded like a jack hammer going off around you! It made everything shake including my teeth! They told me not to eat - however I was starving so had a muffin - big mistake! With everything shaking so much, plus sensory loss you get extremely nauseated! Bit like vertigo! For that pleasure I paid $200 cash!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

yep I took the day off! Could tell colleagues weren't impressed! Ah who cares! MRI went ok I think, driving to buderim in an hour to find out. Its a bizarre experience, total sensory deprivation! They blind fold you, strap you down and put on ear defenders - any other time I might have actually enjoyed it! As its a strong magnet, had to remove all my body piercings (that took half an hour). It took around 20mins and sounded like a jack hammer going off around you! It made everything shake including my teeth! They told me not to eat - however I was starving so had a muffin - big mistake! With everything shaking so much, plus sensory loss you get extremely nauseated! Bit like vertigo! For that pleasure I paid $200 cash!

Our best wishes for OK news luv.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 1:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You could try putting a link to this thread in your signature - then anyone who reads any of your previous posts will be able to see it?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy & Cliff.
Hi, we'll be wanting the same in a couple of years. Surely someone will want to swap from the beautiful sunshine coast to the UK (we would like east anglia as well)
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hi, we'll be wanting the same in a couple of years. Surely someone will want to swap from the beautiful sunshine coast to the UK (we would like east anglia as well)
Or from the UK to the sunnie coast even Bump.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

No just how you feel, have had 2 in the last month 1st one took 1 hour and the second 45 mins. So noisey. Didnt bother me though and I didnt feel sick at all, weird one.

Hope you are ok.

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.