Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

house selling getting harder

house selling getting harder

Old May 7th 2003, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default house selling getting harder

My mates are going to NZ and cannot sell their 5 bed house, so they are going to rent it out.
I,ve given hubby a good nagging (don,t worry he,s used to it)
as we have a business friend who may want to buy ours for his dear mother!!!
Go and see him today I sweetly advised because if we have to sell through an estate agent then it may be another 14 years before I get back to Melbourne!!!

So I,ll see what news he comes home with tonight...

Cheers
BooBoo (the nagger)
Old May 7th 2003, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We aren`t sure about our house, not that we are going anywhere at the moment. but the neighbour had his on the market a few weeks ago and now the sign is gone. just our luck the twat will decide to stay. but our area houses either go quick or take forever.

footie chick
Old May 7th 2003, 4:16 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God, a whole new stress awaits!
We are looking to put ours on this weekend. Does anyone have any good "nationals" they have found to be good.
ho hum, more sleepless nights await me :scared: :scared:
Old May 7th 2003, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We are desperately trying to finish off all of thoses annoying DIY jobs so that we can put it on the market in a few weeks. We hope to sell it by the end of Summer and possibly move into rented for a couple of months or just go!!

You can always check out your neighbours properties on the net, my neighbour was selling and took the sign down so I looked up the agent on the net and there it was - sold.

good luck to everyone trying to sell, it must be a nightmare.
Old May 7th 2003, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Not the same here in Scotland, We are just picking up on the property boom, 2 ladies in work are trying to buy and cannot get a house without it going at least 20k over the asking and that's for a 1 bedroom flat.

Houses are being sold in a week.
Old May 7th 2003, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
Hi

We aren`t sure about our house, not that we are going anywhere at the moment. but the neighbour had his on the market a few weeks ago and now the sign is gone. just our luck the twat will decide to stay. but our area houses either go quick or take forever.

footie chick

FC

where u based ?
Old May 7th 2003, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett
Oh God, a whole new stress awaits!
We are looking to put ours on this weekend. Does anyone have any good "nationals" they have found to be good.
ho hum, more sleepless nights await me :scared: :scared:

Calmeth Mrs G !
Old May 7th 2003, 7:45 pm
plumber39

Selling Houses getting hard? Tell me about it!! 9MONTH,S REDUCED TWICE!!! My spelling might get worse,I,m getting pissed at the moment

Old May 7th 2003, 7:50 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

There is a buyer for every house. Just keep believing that. It took us 8 months to get a buyer for one house but we are now going through the motions with that sale (with an over cautious first time buyer!)

while at the same time selling the second house it has only just gone on the market 3 weeks ago.

Unfortunatly the market has changed somewhat to what we were used to only 18 months ago not enough houses for demand

That is why we are attempting to sell before the visa is granted. If it all goes pear shaped then we will have a deposit for another house. (Don't want to think about that though!)

Jo
Old May 7th 2003, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

mr plumber39

I read your other thread about your bad day.. Sorry to hear that.
Keepgoing as you WILL get there in the end

Cheers and best wishes

BooBoo
Old May 7th 2003, 9:48 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed... we sold last sat but subject to the dreaded contract, hope we have more luck on that front than some on here
Old May 7th 2003, 11:45 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: house selling getting harder

Originally posted by booboo
My mates are going to NZ and cannot sell their 5 bed house, so they are going to rent it out.
I,ve given hubby a good nagging (don,t worry he,s used to it)
as we have a business friend who may want to buy ours for his dear mother!!!
Go and see him today I sweetly advised because if we have to sell through an estate agent then it may be another 14 years before I get back to Melbourne!!!

So I,ll see what news he comes home with tonight...

Cheers
BooBoo (the nagger)

What a pity the housing market in the UK is slowing down as the rubber dollar is rising , oh happy days.

Old May 7th 2003, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
What a pity the housing market in the UK is slowing down as the rubber dollar is rising , oh happy days.

Careful Pommie - "pride comes before a fall" and all that jazz....
Just keep quiet, keep your fingers crossed, and don`t tempt fate....
Old May 8th 2003, 12:01 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rosy
Originally posted by pommie bastard

Careful Pommie - "pride comes before a fall" and all that jazz....
Just keep quiet, keep your fingers crossed, and don`t tempt fate....
After rubbing shoulders with the dreamers you could be right , many a dream has turn to a nightmare in the land of broken dreams .
Right now I shall enjoy the fact those coming are 20% worse off and the jaded returning are 20% better off given the exchange last year, 100k GBP is now worth 80K GBP and failing.
Give it a another interest rate cut in the UK and bingo the 2-1 rate we got coming is possible , nice to know interest rates in the UK are as always less than here , the differance when came was 4% higher here and could be again soon.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 8th 2003 at 4:21 am.
Old May 8th 2003, 4:18 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Not much chance of that now that the war is over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.