Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Selling Brainstorm

Wikiposts

House Selling Brainstorm

Old Dec 25th 2005, 9:23 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Selling Brainstorm

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
get down to Carpet right for some boxing day sales on plain carpet. I spent £1k on paint and carpets and managed to get a sale a week later.
I asked all the agents on the carpet bit - same carpet in main areas since we moved in, had looked several times on replacing and up for it for the sale - the kinda of carpet where it is better to leave your shoes on All the agents said no, won't add anything to price.

Instead bought a large rug (which we will take with us) for lounge to detract from the s****y carpet colour, which the buyer likes the colour of :scared: If we had gone and replaced carpets it would have been in light neutral colour that the buyer would not have liked it.

Included several large kitchen appliances in sale, even got to choose when we move out saving on renting (sorry all house sellers, I will just go and hide my happy little face away now! )
Old Dec 25th 2005, 9:30 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Don't forget that a lot of the things you do to the house won't add any value, they just make it more attractive to the buyer, and more likely to get a sale than another house.

Stick with it and don't look desperate, otherwise guzzumping, etc., you have to look as if you have the best hand, and you are helping the buyer out!

Good luck
Old Dec 29th 2005, 9:20 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
Don't forget that a lot of the things you do to the house won't add any value, they just make it more attractive to the buyer, and more likely to get a sale than another house.

Stick with it and don't look desperate, otherwise guzzumping, etc., you have to look as if you have the best hand, and you are helping the buyer out!

Good luck

BUT I AM DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 29th 2005, 11:03 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rooksie
BUT I AM DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and a housewife
Old Dec 29th 2005, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by possoms
and a housewife

well exactly
Old Dec 29th 2005, 11:36 am

well exactly
ey up mate hows it going Cols sick and i've sneaked on here
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

ey up mate hows it going Cols sick and i've sneaked on here

sorry missed you mate im not sleeping and slowly going round the fekkin bend
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:49 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

sorry missed you mate im not sleeping and slowly going round the fekkin bend
I know that feeling
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The A Team
I know that feeling

its a killer isnt it. if it was light outside id do some gardening or clear the shed
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:54 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

its a killer isnt it. if it was light outside id do some gardening or clear the shed
My brain's too busy to do anything constructive
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

My brain's too busy to do anything constructive

Hmmm there is that too. i hate this neither here nor there feeling
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:00 pm
cheeky tart

Hmmm there is that too. i hate this neither here nor there feeling
I'm worried about my 10 year old too, this living in limbo is very unsettling
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

I'm worried about my 10 year old too, this living in limbo is very unsettling

grace (10) was crying yesterday because she doesnt want to leave her friends fekk fekk fekk

god i wish there was a fast forward button mate
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:51 pm

grace (10) was crying yesterday because she doesnt want to leave her friends fekk fekk fekk

god i wish there was a fast forward button mate
Bless you it is such a stressfull process and I know its much harder when you've got kids, funny its like Fraser said I was exactly the same wasnt I? but I dont seem to remember it now!!!

Please try to have a fab new year make the most of your last one here

You could always come into my world where I have totally switched off to it all and just talk shite all the time instead
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

Bless you it is such a stressfull process and I know its much harder when you've got kids, funny its like Fraser said I was exactly the same wasnt I? but I dont seem to remember it now!!!

Please try to have a fab new year make the most of your last one here

You could always come into my world where I have totally switched off to it all and just talk shite all the time instead
Hmm i like your style mate!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.