Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Selling Brainstorm

Wikiposts

House Selling Brainstorm

Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:54 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Selling Brainstorm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
do you think i should!?!?! i mean it has been a while
sorry mate, u seem to be getting it for a poll that i was too lazy to do
i would just like to state for the record THE POLL LIST WAS MINE not rooksies
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:54 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Good thread..

I think throwing in the car as part of the deal sounds good.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:06 am
Springbok

Springbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to all

We advertised our house privately on local bulletin boards and by word of mouth. Sold it with-in weeks to the first person whom came along. I think people resent paying the excess that goes to estate agents that don't do much(my experience). Go for a reasonable price for your area. Greed no longer runs the housing market. (I am not suggesting anyone is being greedy but way over pricing is not uncommon). Good luck. We are waiting for our visas now. Renting is not that bad.

Ewan and the Clan
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:09 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Hi All, and a Merry Christmas to you all.How about diy auction??
Dare I say ebay???
People do it all the time,whats to lose?
Or try a websie called "the little house company" they are good,only charge £80 ish to advestise your house,we've used them ans they are good.
cheers
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:16 am
stevenpoole9

The best advice I have been given, by 2 different estate agents is:"have a nice Christmas, re-decorate in January and sell it" That's when everbody starts looking again form the end of November. Basically if the property would not have completed before the Christmas break people give up until the new year. So, we have decided to: have a nice Christmas, re-decorate in January, go on holiday to Brisbane for3 weeks and validate our visas, THEN sell the bl00dy house!

Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Good thread, we are throwing in the 42in TV and the furniture and stuff for first time buyers. I spoke to the Estate Agent the other day and I told them this. They were flabbergasted lol.

I am hoping to put it on the market end of Jan 06.

Lace x
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
sorry mate, u seem to be getting it for a poll that i was too lazy to do
i would just like to state for the record THE POLL LIST WAS MINE not rooksies

ahh bless you mate. i wondered when youd turn up on your horse!!!! no worries i got thick skin!!!
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
Good thread, we are throwing in the 42in TV and the furniture and stuff for first time buyers. I spoke to the Estate Agent the other day and I told them this. They were flabbergasted lol.

I am hoping to put it on the market end of Jan 06.

Lace x
That's what we are doing. Told a few people and we didn't even get to the estate agents before we'd sold it, so that's a bonus cos we'll save on their fees.

Wendy
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:37 am
Account Closed

we have already offered to pay stamp duty but still not a sniff
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I am hoping to sell mine quite fast this is why I am a bit reticent at putting it on the market. Every house I have seen on this road and surround go (if they are in good order that is) with in 3 weeks. So I am a little scared to say the least. Don't want to be homeless lol
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:40 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

we have already offered to pay stamp duty but still not a sniff
Can you see the sea from your windows???
"it's that little bit of blue between the land and sky!"
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Can you see the sea from your windows???
"it's that little bit of blue between the land and sky!"

WHAT ???????
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:44 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
advertise it as "free muffins to all home viewers"
if they can do it in Aus why not here? They always seem to be doing it on "Hot Auctions"
If you advertise it as "Free muff to all viewers" you might do better............
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
If you advertise it as "Free muff to all viewers" you might do better............

LOL
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:45 am
Running on the spot.

WHAT ???????
Wasn't that along the lines from a Fawlty towers episode,my mind is mush,just done a 12 hour shift.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.