Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House selling, AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!

House selling, AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!

Old Dec 21st 2004, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Angry House selling, AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!

Well we just had a viewing that takes the biscuit!!!!
Couple comes round, absolutely loves the house, asking what we are leaving, what would we accept etc. Blah, Blah,Blah normal stuff, leaves saying, they will contact the estate agent as soon as they get home, well they did and guess what????? phone call next day from estate agent,
I quote " they love the house, but are not too keen on the area"

Well excuse me but why the f**k come and look at a house in this area then Bloody timewasters

We are getting a bit worried now, as we have to validate by May and the house has been up for 3 months now and after 7 viewings not one offer, and we have dropped the price once!

So here's hoping for a change of luck in the new year, get them fingers crossed for us please, and I going to be have a wee tipple or 2 to take our minds off it in the holiday season

Old Dec 21st 2004, 5:56 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: House selling, AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!

Originally Posted by Dicko
Couple comes round, absolutely loves the house, asking what we are leaving, what would we accept etc. Blah, Blah,Blah normal stuff, leaves saying, they will contact the estate agent as soon as they get home, well they did and guess what????? phone call next day from estate agent,

Well excuse me but why the f**k come and look at a house in this area then Bloody timewasters

We are getting a bit worried now, as we have to validate by May and the house has been up for 3 months now and after 7 viewings not one offer, and we have dropped the price once!

So here's hoping for a change of luck in the new year, get them fingers crossed for us please, and I going to be have a wee tipple or 2 to take our minds off it in the holiday season

Hi Dicko,
You have my full sympathy coz this house selling business is the pits - especially when you have visa's burning holes in the passports and the bloody house won't sell!!!!
We've had our house on market for 4 months and have had 3 buyers, 1 - a cash buyer who messed us around and then pulled out (b*****d) and another who pulled out as well. We currently have a buyer who has now sold their property and our house sale can now go ahead, but I'm not holding by breath until the contracts are signed!
We have also had about 20 viewings altogether and had some pretty stupid feedback as well - like the house was nice but the area not ok - why come at all!!! Oh and - nice house but a bit small - hello - the measurements are in the details - for God sake!!!!
Good luck with your house selling. We too have to validate by May!
Shell
Old Dec 21st 2004, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dicko

I know the feeling Dicko, I've not had a viewing on our property for 2 months now,I've got 2 investment properties, one was on the market for 3 months after a buyer pulled out, I changed agents after reading a similar story on here and got an offer within a week, albeit at a lot lower than september. I had an agreement to sell a spanish holiday home with my neighbour over there who was a friend for 7 years, and after dragging out the sale for 6 months, he tells me a week before we exchange that he wants to drop the price by £10k. However much I'd like to tell him to f**k off, I've got to make an Aus gov bond payment in january to get my visa, so the b**t*rd has me by the proverbials. I just hope its worth all the stress, we've got one way flights booked for june, the latest date for validating, but it looks like we'll have to come back and wait until the house is sold. It would be easy to get negative about our bad luck with the property market dying, but I've had 2 years planning a move, living in the future, so I've decided to try and get back to living and enjoying life in the present (does that make sense) and let the future take care of itself. It can all change for the better very quickly so fingers crossed eh!

John
Old Dec 21st 2004, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Dicko

Sorry to here about yet another timewaster!! its so upsetting. I know how you feel, our chain broke yesterday bloke pulled out as he now wants to wait to see what the markets gonna do

Fingers crossed for you, hope you sell soon!

Sue x
Old Dec 21st 2004, 6:41 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dicko,

Know how you feel,put us off ever selling a house again

Fingers crossed & wishing you better luck in the New Year .

Donna.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by coventrycelt
I know the feeling Dicko, I've not had a viewing on our property for 2 months now,I've got 2 investment properties, one was on the market for 3 months after a buyer pulled out, I changed agents after reading a similar story on here and got an offer within a week, albeit at a lot lower than september. I had an agreement to sell a spanish holiday home with my neighbour over there who was a friend for 7 years, and after dragging out the sale for 6 months, he tells me a week before we exchange that he wants to drop the price by £10k. However much I'd like to tell him to f**k off, I've got to make an Aus gov bond payment in january to get my visa, so the b**t*rd has me by the proverbials. I just hope its worth all the stress, we've got one way flights booked for june, the latest date for validating, but it looks like we'll have to come back and wait until the house is sold. It would be easy to get negative about our bad luck with the property market dying, but I've had 2 years planning a move, living in the future, so I've decided to try and get back to living and enjoying life in the present (does that make sense) and let the future take care of itself. It can all change for the better very quickly so fingers crossed eh!

John
Coventrycell + Dicko,

The price of property in UK is cooling, even the winter "lull" followed by a Spring bounce may not happen .... at least you will be pleased to know things are much the same as far as prop price cooling in Oz as well.

I think your *friend* in Spain is hedging his bets, the Spanish market is far more unstable than the UK + Oz markets.

I buy family props in good condition for the rental market, area and location are not so important, as long as the numbers stack up and rental covers debt.

PM me your details .... maybe we could do a deal

Regards
Steve Odaat
Old Dec 21st 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future

Hello Dicko,
Totally understand where you are coming from - house has been up for sale for three months too, loads of viewings, loads of cleaning!!!! Had viewing last week who said that there was too much building work to be done!!! Had an eight grand extension and new kitchen put in six months ago (hindsight is a wonderful thing) I am convinced that the estate agent is taking them to the wrong house (hhmm they do also let out the student house next door - I wonder!!!).
Anyhow if it's not sold by end of Jan, think I will just have to rent it and go to Oz on my visa card which has about 25p on it!!!!!!
Hope you get some better news soon.x
Old Dec 21st 2004, 9:30 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

hi Dicko

So sorry to read about all the crap you're getting... This house selling business is the absolute dogs arse. I will definately think very carefully before buying and selling in the future. The last 12 months have shown me that its just too depressing and stressful...think I'll just stick to renting in brissy!!!!!!

Fingers crossed you get a decent buyer in the new year!!!

Petra
Old Dec 21st 2004, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Well, our house has been on the market since the spring!!!

We finally have a buyer, contracts have been ready to be signed since the 5th November, we have just had our agent email us saying she is still waiting for funds to come through - she was supposed to be a cash buyer? I think someone has been telling porkies.

It all makes me very angry, we are already in Oz and don't have a bottomeless pit of money to pay the mortgage.

Life sucks sometimes doesn't it?

Mandy
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Talking Re: House selling, AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!

i have sent you some karma !!! I am sure in the new year your property will be snapped up- so many people start looking in the new year soi I bet you get loads of interest and a sale very quickly !!!

We also had the same problems when selling- we have a couple who seemed really interested and then went back to the agent saying it was too far from town !!! why did they come and look then !!!!

By the way, even when you get an offer it doesnt get much better- its been 5 weeks since our buyers put in an offer and i still dont think there mortgage is sorted - aaaahhhhhhhh

its more stressful selling the house than getting the visa isnt it !!!!

never mind- nearly christmas- we can all drown our sorrows with lots of xmas booze !!!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 9:55 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

A colleague of mine had a whole family (kids, grandparents the lot) come around to view her house a few months ago. Without asking, one of them went upstairs for a number 2 and stank the whole house . She doesn't think they were even interested in the house either.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 10:33 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

I have a slightly different worry - house sale due to go thro' in Jan, visas require validation by May (a popular month seemingly) but I'd rather have more firm job leads before moving to Oz (as large family, little savings etc.). We're thus looking to rent short term from Jan to say April whilst still job chasing (I'm currently talking with recruitment agents about four different posts). There seems to be v.little to rent locally, most is on six month contracts, and I anticipate the trend after Xmas for propreties to be for sale rather than to let ... has anyone got any tips on securing short term rental property?