House Selling

Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:18 pm
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House Selling

We put our house on the market 6 days ago and we have had 1 viewing; is this good or not, I was expecting more interest.

From everything I've read on this forum I suspect selling the house is going to be the most stressful part of our immigration process.

Kara
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on what your agent has done with his 6 days. Have they done a mail shot and called up all there clients who are looking for you size house? Have you been in the paper yet? are you in the window?
If not why not? Start as you mean to go on, we were expecting our first agent to do all this and they just didn't. We have new ones now and they are great. Fingers crossed for you though, oh sorry, i've run out! Will toes do?
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:46 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Selling

Originally posted by rickandkara
We put our house on the market 6 days ago and we have had 1 viewing; is this good or not, I was expecting more interest.
I spoke with our agent the other day and they said that the viewings should pick up now the kids are back to school. Also as Heath previously mentioned you should ask what they are doing to market your property. We are using Taylors and they have been brilliant. They give us feedback calls after each visit and they do accompanied viewings most of the time.

We also gave them a bit of an incentive. Originally we did not choose them as they wanted 2% where everyone else was 1.5%. I rang the guy up and said

"If you can sell the house in 4 weeks I'll give you 2% and if you sell after that then I'll give you 1.5%."

He accepted the challenge and even when the 4 weeks was up they have carried on trying. We now have 3 lots of people who want to but our house but need to sell theres. "The unproceedables" as I like to call them.

Make sure your agent is marketing your property.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Mine estate agents are really awful. The house has been on the market since beg. of July and they have said that there is no interest!!

Maybe its because I made them lower their fee to 1.5%!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2003, 2:38 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

you've done quite well with one viewing after 6 days we have only had one viewing in 6 wks!
Old Sep 8th 2003, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by debsy
Mine estate agents are really awful. The house has been on the market since beg. of July and they have said that there is no interest!!

Maybe its because I made them lower their fee to 1.5%!!!!

Debsy,
YOU are paying for the service..........if you do not like the way they are handling the sale CHANGE your agent
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I think it depends on the area of the country, I have had 21 viewings in 5 weeks mainly at the weekend. We had one offer and where advised to reject after 3 days. The esate agent is doing really well, but the building we live in doesn't do us any favours. I am panicing and have refrained from coming onto the expats site as at present I cannot even think of Oz until the flat is sold.

Good luck everyone with your sale.

Carrianne
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by HUP
I spoke with our agent the other day and they said that the viewings should pick up now the kids are back to school. Also as Heath previously mentioned you should ask what they are doing to market your property. We are using Taylors and they have been brilliant. They give us feedback calls after each visit and they do accompanied viewings most of the time.

We also gave them a bit of an incentive. Originally we did not choose them as they wanted 2% where everyone else was 1.5%. I rang the guy up and said

"If you can sell the house in 4 weeks I'll give you 2% and if you sell after that then I'll give you 1.5%."

He accepted the challenge and even when the 4 weeks was up they have carried on trying. We now have 3 lots of people who want to but our house but need to sell theres. "The unproceedables" as I like to call them.

Make sure your agent is marketing your property.

So you are with Taylors, they are part of Countrywide which is who i work for although i am not an agent, just a humble secretary!
You are so right in your advice
just wanted to add that feedback or lack of is one of our biggest complaints, you shouldn't have to call your agent, he should call you!
best regards
rach
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by h garrett
Depends on what your agent has done with his 6 days. Have they done a mail shot and called up all there clients who are looking for you size house? Have you been in the paper yet? are you in the window?
If not why not? Start as you mean to go on, we were expecting our first agent to do all this and they just didn't. We have new ones now and they are great. Fingers crossed for you though, oh sorry, i've run out! Will toes do?
We're you an agent in a previous life? if not you have missed your vocation!
regards
rach
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:44 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

No Rach i wasn't,i'm just a quick learner! But i was looking for a career change in oz, do you think i should go for it then
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

fist agent, we had 4 viewings in 6 weeks got rid new agent 6 viewings in 2 weeks so its really worth changing i'd say
Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default H Garrett

Originally posted by h garrett
No Rach i wasn't,i'm just a quick learner! But i was looking for a career change in oz, do you think i should go for it then

Well i'd buy/sell through you! you sound just like our MD, he could sell sand to the Arabs
best of luck with your new career!
rach
Old Sep 9th 2003, 8:17 am
High in the Dandenongs

cheers Rach
Old Sep 9th 2003, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Rossi
Debsy,
YOU are paying for the service..........if you do not like the way they are handling the sale CHANGE your agent

As I am overseas I am a bit ignorant on the estate agent stuff. They wanted 2% for sole agency, I said no and put it down to 1.5% for eight weeks. That was in July and they have not sold the house and they say "Unfortunately, to date we have not had a lot of interest shown in your above
property, but any applicants that have shown interest we have been unable to
contact your tenant to allow viewings.
We will contact you again should we receive any viewers." Considering the house was let thorugh tme they should have not difficulty in contacting the tenant. When I spoke to the tenant they were not aware of anyone trying to contact them. Anyway, the tenant is moving out at the end of the month and the Agents said it would be easier to sell when the house is empty.

Will I have to make a new agreement when the 8 weeks is up??? Help anyone got any suggestions or knwo any good agents in the Langdon Hills, Essex area.

Debs
Old Sep 9th 2003, 12:46 pm
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my 2nd viewing tonight. So fingers crossed.

Originally posted by rickandkara

From everything I've read on this forum I suspect selling the house is going to be the most stressful part of our immigration process.

Kara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.